Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2022 1:56:24 PM EDT
I've had my Shield 3.1" (1st gen) for several years now, keep on telling myself "I really should start carrying that thing". Analysis Paralysis has prevented me from buying a holster that I think would work.
During the workweek, I'm in Carharts and a tucked t-shirt, overshirt/hoodie when it's chilly. I've never really been an "untucked" sort of guy, but around the house I could learn to live with it. I dress formally for church, but it's often with a sport coat/blazer or vest. OWB would work in those cases.

Do either of the aforementioned holsters actually allow for decent concealment and tucking in of shirts? I've looked at the Enigma, but that seems to be rather involved for day-to-day wear. Belly bands could work, if I found one that didn't look/feel like some generic "universal fit" rig.

5'8", somewhat stocky at 175 lbs, very slight belly (working on reducing that)
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Lighttuck FTW, couldn't be happier.
Doesn't exactly look it, but it's very comfortable and conceals very well with just an untucked t shirt.

With most IWB holsters, it's best to go untucked.
IMO, IWB holsters for tucked in shirts aren't a wise solution.  Bellyband, pocket, or ankle carry are likely better options in said scenario.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't exactly look it, but it's very comfortable and conceals very well with just a t shirt.
View Quote

t-shirt tucked in? Would you know of any photos that shows what it looks like while carrying?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:10:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

t-shirt tucked in? Would you know of any photos that shows what it looks like while carrying?
View Quote

I have Vedder for all my handguns.

If you can hang on for a bit, I'll take photos of all the IWB/OWB profiles tomorrow.

Glock 19
M18
P365
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top