Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2018 7:23:11 AM EDT
DWs line confuses me.  How do the 3 basic models compare and what are their differences?  Thx.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Valor is DW Top of the line production gun. It receives a little more TLC than the others.
Outside of features (checkering, sights, finish) they all are built the same with the same parts.

I hate adjustable sights and I like Checkering, so the Valor was my choice.

20171017_124510
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The Valor is the Nicest one will have the best blending and attention to detail. All of them are made from the same quality parts and are equally as accurate. It comes down to features you want or can live without and the price you want to pay. That said I would go with the Valor if talking about a 45 if 9mm the the Valor or the pointman 9. If going to carry it type Valor would be my choice do to the sights if was a range gun the PM9 would be my choice again due to the sights.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what's confusing about DW's product line.   They are all priced similarly but they aren't very clear on how much hand fitting the various models get.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what's confusing about DW's product line.   They are all priced similarly but they aren't very clear on how much hand fitting the various models get.
View Quote
I believe that ALL of DW's guns get significantly more hand fitting than a Kimber or Springfield production gun.  They're honestly fantastic deals for what you get.
For me the Pointman is an automatic non-starter because I don't want/need an adjustable rear sight on any of my guns.
Between the Heritage and the Valor the Heritage has polished flats on the slide and no front strap checkering. The Valor has front strap checkering and can be had in black. That's my vote.
Slight sight differences between the two as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top