Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2020 9:59:02 AM EDT
I'm ok with ten or thirteen rounds for my carry weapon, and am interested in the VP9sk, as my friend's that I shot was a laser for me.

I carry a G19 or Walther PPS M2 AIWB just fine, but the HK is a little thicker.

Anyone find it "too big" for IWB carry?  I'll obviously be using a "good" holster (tier 1 or JMCK) to carry it.

I'm not fat (6' 190lbs)

CDNN has a color I want for $539.99:

VP9sk at CDNN
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m roughly the same size as you and carry the P30sk, it conceals very well on me. I find it to be a fantastic carry piece. Look at crossbreed for your IWB holster.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I absolutely love mine.  Carry aiwb with a g-code incog eclipse.  I’m about 6’2 195lbs.
I got the LE model with night sites and I carry the 10round magazine with the pinky rest and it fits my large meat paws just fine.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#3]
P30Sk here and I wear a lot of t-shirts and shorts in Texas.  No problems with the 13 round mag and concealment.  5'8" and 165 pounds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear guys.

I ordered two 13rd mags as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
So, I picked it up tonight, cleaned it, and put 250 rounds through it.  150 American Eagle 147g, 50 Blazer Brass 115g, and 50 124g HST (my carry ammo).

No malfunctions of any kind, and I even shoot it held "loose" in both my right and left hand with my carry ammo.

I'm thinking it will be an amazing carry piece.  It's not too big, but shoots like a full-sized pistol for me.  I actually liked the flat magazine better than the pinky-rest mag.

I especially liked how well I was able to shoot it in my left hand.  It didn't seem to roll nearly as much as my G26.

The only downside I noticed was the "wings" to help rack the slide looked odd when doing precise slow fire.  They were not noticable when shooting normal or fast.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
My SK has been my CCW for about a year now

Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
OMG, the 13-round magazine are amazing!!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I love mine.  The 13 round mags make it perfect.  I have very large hands, and this gun fits great.  Conceals under an untucked t shirt very well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#9]
After another range session, I ordered an axis slim holster, and two more 13-round magazines.

This thing is amazing, and hits a sweet spot between my G27 and G19 for carry.  As an added bonus, it isn't shaped like a brick with a trigger.

CDNN was under $82 shipped for two 13-round magazines.  IMO, that's not bad at all.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]
So, after 715 malfunction free rounds, I have a new carry gun.

The trigger, which was pretty nice out of the box, has smoothed out and is even better.  I love that the "wall" isn't mushy, and the break is clean and consistent.

I shot it at 15 yards as well as any of my other non-RDS handguns, and it's easy to shoot fast up close.

The 13-round magazines make it feel amazing, but I shoot it just as well with the flat ten-rounder, so I'm going to carry with both and see if there extra 1/2" makes a difference.

Either way, it is sized right for me to carry, and feels a helluva lot more like a "real" gun than my Shield 9mm or my Walther PPS M2.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 13 round mags make it perfect..
View Quote
I wish they'd make a USP-C size frame for the VP9, with the SK slide.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I quit carrying a g27 for a p30sk. The Hk slide is the same length and the grip is maybe half an inch longer. It just feels so much better in my hands. It also has the lem trigger. I like the fact that I can ride the hammer down as I re holster it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top