Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2020 1:07:36 PM EDT
I am going to set up a duty style pistol that is likely going to be sitting on a gun belt for range use/unlikely shtf. Any pistol I am considering I am going to run an rmr, a light and a suppressor from time to time.

I have an HK USPc that is obviously very different , being hammer fired. I like it, I like the quality, I’d trust the gun all day.

Does anyone see a reason to go with a. Glock 45 or something over a VP9T? With just the barrel and sight change out on the Glock, the cost is going to be near as makes no difference and the vp9 will have a nicer trigger and grip (for my hands)... the sacrifice I see is aftermarket parts... but how many am I really going to burn through
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am going to set up a duty style pistol that is likely going to be sitting on a gun belt for range use/unlikely shtf. Any pistol I am considering I am going to run an rmr, a light and a suppressor from time to time.

I have an HK USPc that is obviously very different , being hammer fired. I like it, I like the quality, I’d trust the gun all day.

Does anyone see a reason to go with a. Glock 45 or something over a VP9T? With just the barrel and sight change out on the Glock, the cost is going to be near as makes no difference and the vp9 will have a nicer trigger and grip (for my hands)... the sacrifice I see is aftermarket parts... but how many am I really going to burn through
View Quote

Parts availability, spare mag price and availability, holster availability.  

At this point in our world you have to think about that long term as well.  What do you think you will be able to find more of surplus Glock mags or surplus HK mags?  

Holsters same.  the 45 will fit a 19 or 17 or even 34 holster and same for mag pouches... the VP 9 is just by itself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Holster availability is difficult for VP9 with RMR. If you’re looking for safariland duty holsters with retention
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Parts availability, spare mag price and availability, holster availability.  

At this point in our world you have to think about that long term as well.  What do you think you will be able to find more of surplus Glock mags or surplus HK mags?  

Holsters same.  the 45 will fit a 19 or 17 or even 34 holster and same for mag pouches... the VP 9 is just by itself.
View Quote

As if any of us are going to outlive a handgun with tens of thousands of rounds' worth of lifespan.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking at similar holster style for my HK45CT, & from researching it, KTMech seems to be very accommodating vis-a-vis Safariland, which seems to have a take-it-or-leave-it market approach, especially for HK users.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top