Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/16/2021 10:24:30 AM EDT
I have one of these sitting at my not-so-LGS. I'm picking it up next month & am pretty hyped about it. 20rd mags, the B-style trigger all = shooting excellence, IMO.

I didn't get either the OR nor threaded bbl version(s). I'm not an optics guy for handguns & have other H&K's that're threaded, so I'm covered there.

For those whom may be interested, CDNN has 20rd mags for sale. HKparts.net has holsters in stock, which at the moment are hard to find.

American Handgunner has an article on them in their current issue for anyone who wants to read it.

Obligatory pic:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Just ordered one yesterday!  Had a difficult time finding an L-B in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just ordered one yesterday!  Had a difficult time finding an L-B in stock anywhere.
View Quote

My LGS was putting five up on GB. He kept one back for me, not sure if the others have sold yet or not. He doesn't offer a "buy now" button on his auctions so the time has to run out on them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Drove to Nashville today & picked it up!!!  

Fuck me running, the B model triggers are SWEET!!!!!!!  Apparently the Sig 320 triggers jarred some minds over at H&K & they woke up to smell the coffee? The B trigger is nothing like a standard VP9 in any way, shape or form.

I'm going to try to get it out tomorrow for a small test run. My extra 20rd mags have already come in, so that's a good thing.

Nothing in the world feels as nice a new H&K!  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Correct me if I am wrong, but the B in the designation is for the button mag release, is it not?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, to my knowledge, the only difference with a B model is the button mag release. Triggers are all the same..

I’ve got a VP9 OR and just picked up a VP9 T OR - same great VP9 triggers as my very first VP9 trigger from years ago.

I’ve not heard the B models have anything different. All the parts places would show different parts, specifying B model parts, and they don’t.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah, to my knowledge, the only difference with a B model is the button mag release. Triggers are all the same..
View Quote

Played with many a VP9 in the LGS, all had a Glock-like trigger feel to them. My VP9-SK-B has the same feel in the trigger as the L model. It was the SK trigger that motivated me to get the L model. Were it to have the normal trigger, I would've passed.

Of course it could be a VP9 generational thing too that I'm not aware of? Did H&K improve their triggers or are they the same as the first models came with when introduced? I honestly couldn't tell you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweet! What did it cost you?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Played with many a VP9 in the LGS, all had a Glock-like trigger feel to them. My VP9-SK-B has the same feel in the trigger as the L model. It was the SK trigger that motivated me to get the L model. Were it to have the normal trigger, I would've passed.

Of course it could be a VP9 generational thing too that I'm not aware of? Did H&K improve their triggers or are they the same as the first models came with when introduced? I honestly couldn't tell you.
View Quote

Not sure what to say, all my VP9s (SK included) have great triggers - way better than any stock Glock.

I don’t think there’s been any generational improvements - the guys on HKPro forums would know for sure.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sweet! What did it cost you?
View Quote

$859 OTD.

I got a deal.  
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top