Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2020 11:22:47 AM EDT
https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9/
Now it says 10 or 17 round capacity in the specs. Anyone know if they are flush-fitting mags?
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Better chance of getting an answer in the HK handgun section of the forum.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Handamp-K/29/
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#2]
From HK's vp9 page

“Updated for 2020:

The VP9 is Heckler & Koch’s latest, and most successful pistol design. We are pleased to announce that all 2020 H&K VP 9 pistols will be shipped with the following upgrades:

17-round magazines will replace previous 15-round versions
New sight configuration, which includes a high-visibility front sight and a “clean” black serrated rear
Optics-ready cut with cap. Adapter plates are sold separately and are available from the HK web store
Of course, the updated models retain all the existing features of the VP that have quickly made the VP series a class leader in ergonomics and trigger performanc”
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9/
Now it says 10 or 17 round capacity in the specs. Anyone know if they are flush-fitting mags?
View Quote
This is from what I read on the HK forum from someone who has had access to them.....

“The magazine body is identical (save for the extra holes). The spring, follower and locking plate have been modified (the base plate too, but juuuust barely). An old spring will not fit on a new follower, but I suspect it would fit with some dremel work. The follower ant-tilt tab at the back is shorter, as is the overall follower. The very top of the spring is also narrower where it seats into the follower.”
https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/506192-hk-17-round-magazines.html#post3635484

They should fit and appear identical or very close to it. No word yet if these changes will go across all mags to the 20 rounders or the SK line(fingers crossed)
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup, per hk rep at the alliance event today, vp9 now comes with flush fit 17 rounder. The new guns are already shipping with them, but it will be a bit before mags by themselves are available.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I can’t wait
Attachment Attached File

Photo stolen from HKPro
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish they'd offer an upgrade or trade in program. I have over 30 15rnd mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:38:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
According to a post I read on the HK Forum, HKs first priority is going to be supplying all 2020 sold vp9/P30 pistols with 17 round mags. Second is selling the 17 rounders by themselves....Third are kits to convert 15 rounders to 17.

After watching how HK does things, I’d expect to see mags and maybe kits popping up later in the year and selling out fast. It may be years before you can casually shop for them and find them in stock.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a heads up...for those of you having a hard time getting oem mags,

We make 17 and 12 round flush mags for the VP9 models. Plus they only cost about $16

ETS VP9 Mags
View Quote
But they are absolute garbage. They miss feed quite commonly and don't like to drop free...

Buy at your own risk and do not trust your life to these.

Have had nothing but issues with these. Goes beyond just my mags as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#10]
If I buy new magazines, it’ll be 17 rounders.

I’d upgrade my 15 round mags to 17 only if it was free.

I think I have a dozen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But they are absolute garbage. They miss feed quite commonly and don't like to drop free...

View Quote
Funny, mine fed 100%.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Funny, mine fed 100%.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, mine fed 100%.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

There not that good. This is the newest batch that they just replaced for me. I will say there customer service was excellent, but the magazine’s suck!
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
And how many guns that they can work in?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like I’m buying a VP9 soon...
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/280111/E6C59535-C409-4AE5-8E52-9C278F8B9E72_jpe-1262249.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/280111/94AE5AE3-B60A-4DB8-84AA-1E7E754CC8B2_jpe-1262254.JPG

There They're not that good. This is the newest batch that they just replaced for me. I will say there their customer service was excellent, but the magazine's suck!
View Quote
Looks like that magazine isn't doing so well at its one job.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/280111/E6C59535-C409-4AE5-8E52-9C278F8B9E72_jpe-1262249.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/280111/94AE5AE3-B60A-4DB8-84AA-1E7E754CC8B2_jpe-1262254.JPG

There They're not that good. This is the newest batch that they just replaced for me. I will say there their customer service was excellent, but the magazine's suck!
Either is my grammar. Thanks by the way. All the vp9 17 round magazines from ETS I have had have been like this. My g19 mags from ETS on the other hand have been flawless.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Have you loaded and ran it a few times? The reason I ask is we have seen a weird phenomenon where the first time or two it’s loaded it’s real sluggish then it never happens again. Also can you tell if there was oil inside the housing? There is supppsed to be oil from assembly.
View Quote
I've definitely ran mine more than a few times and I have experienced the same issues pictured above.

ETS has told me I need to lube my ETS mags. WTF kind of garbage fix is that? I've never had a quality mag that NEEDED lube to run proper. Oil in a mag is a bad idea. The oil could potentially penetrate and cause a dud round. Albeit rare, it's not something I will be risking and something ETS should not be suggesting, imo at least.

These ETS mags also cause failure to feeds in my otherwise flawlessly running 5 VP9s. I shoot more than 10k rounds a year in VPs. I'd venture to say I'm not limp wristing and that these mags cause random failures to feed. Something I do NOT experience when running OEM HK mags.

I talked to ETS at SHOT and relayed my distaste then too... That's when they said my that pictures look like the mags are rather dry and that they need a good lubing and perhaps they forgot to oil the mags before shipping(I have mags from more than one order, so that's a lame excuse). Again, wtf? Oil should not be necessary...

I have HK VP mags that literally have 10s of thousands of rounds without cleaning or oil. They run flawless.

I'll post more pics tonight or tomorrow showing failure to feed, stuck followers (like pictured in this thread), and probably few more unacceptable failures.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:04:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This has been explained at length many times before. And I’m sure to you as well. You don’t like our answer then fine. But if you refuse to follow our directions then stop crying about them not working.

I wish you would have spoken to me at the show. I would have also educated you on how oil does not hurt ammo at all, that’s a myth.

The short answer is that on steel mags they either have a dry film lube or are heat treated to prevent carbon from embedding into the steel and causing too much friction. In polymer mags we use oil because dry lube doesn’t stay put in polymer housings. The oil prevents the carbon from embedding into the housing. It also makes them easier to clean down the road.

It’s not a bandaid fix. Most people never shoot enough to ever have to clean or oil them ever again.

If you are unhappy with the mags then return them. We will take them back if you aren’t satisfied.

But we have thousands of happy VP9 owners that love them. [color=red]The only real complaint we’ve had is they don’t work in the P30.[color=red]  
View Quote
They don’t?

I used a couple 17s, a 21 and a 30 in a P30L with no issues over 3 range sessions. What issue do they have with the P30?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This has been explained at length many times before. And I’m sure to you as well. You don’t like our answer then fine. But if you refuse to follow our directions then stop crying about them not working.

I wish you would have spoken to me at the show. I would have also educated you on how oil does not hurt ammo at all, that’s a myth.

The short answer is that on steel mags they either have a dry film lube or are heat treated to prevent carbon from embedding into the steel and causing too much friction. In polymer mags we use oil because dry lube doesn’t stay put in polymer housings. The oil prevents the carbon from embedding into the housing. It also makes them easier to clean down the road.

It’s not a bandaid fix. Most people never shoot enough to ever have to clean or oil them ever again.

If you are unhappy with the mags then return them. We will take them back if you aren’t satisfied.

But we have thousands of happy VP9 owners that love them. The only real complaint we’ve had is they don’t work in the P30.  
View Quote
I'll stop crying about the crappy ETS mags that I've encountered in both Glock and VP9 platforms when you quit suggesting inferior ETS mags over dramatically superior OEM mags.

If you'd call them what they are, which are cheaper training/range mags, then I'd stop. Your inferior mags can get someone killed, quit touting them up to OEM quality when they are not.

Again, aside from having the same issues as pictured above and being accused of loading my mags "with extreme bias to one side", ETS mags magically make my VPs misfeed.

If you buy these, then delegate them to range use only.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Lol, bold move for a company to be aggressively hostile towards a customer.

If I didn’t already have a poor view of your companies products before this thread your attitude would certainly turn me off.

I hope I’m not breaking news to you but your company doesn’t have a very good reputation in my experience and certainly isn’t seen as OEM quality.

“Great for practicing failure drills” isn’t exactly what you want your product to be known for.

I’ve followed your company since you started selling mags, your customer service is great but as soon as you built a reputation your QC went to shit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Veered way off topic.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top