Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/29/2021 10:42:21 PM EDT
I picked up a VP9 OR in a trade today and grabbed an SRO for it on the way home.

I was freaking stoked...until I went to look for mount plates.

Have they been readily available in the past or are they always unobtainium? Anyone have any leads on RMR footprint plates that aren't the ludicrous one on eBay?

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#1]
C&H just sent an email a few days ago about fixing to make a run of mounts for the VP 9 2020.  I ordered one back in November and am waiting but it should be done soon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I need 2 myself.  Not sure what the problem is, but there's literally hundreds, if not thousands of people waiting on the #2 RMR plate.

C'mon HK - what is your problem?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Roger from Forward Controls Design said on TOS that he may make them, I will hold out for the FCD as my Glock plates have been great with tolerances rivaling my ATEI pro-cut slides.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I am glad I saw this thread. I have one new in the wrapper that I thought was worth $24.95. Bought it last summer and never bothered to buy the RMR.

No, you cant have it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
They're not HK and I can't (yet) speak to quality but these are advertised as in stock, for anyone else looking. It'll have to do until I'm done sucking and HK no longer hates me.
https://www.egwguns.com/trijicon-rmr-sro-holosun-407c-507c-adapter-mount-for-hk-vp9-optics-ready
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Roger from Forward Controls Design said on TOS that he may make them, I will hold out for the FCD as my Glock plates have been great with tolerances rivaling my ATEI pro-cut slides.
View Quote

I'm quite confident he will be making them in the near future.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They're not HK and I can't (yet) speak to quality but these are advertised as in stock, for anyone else looking. It'll have to do until I'm done sucking and HK no longer hates me.
https://www.egwguns.com/trijicon-rmr-sro-holosun-407c-507c-adapter-mount-for-hk-vp9-optics-ready
View Quote

@dtux
Everything that EGW makes is a quality part. I have never had an EGW part that is anything less than perfectly machined.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]
My EGW RMR plate for the VP9 showed up today.  It certainly looks like a quality part, fit and finish are excellent.  I believe it will do, until I can get a factory steel plate (my only gripe, it's aluminum).  Nice low 1/4 co witness on the OR slide with the factory XS suppressor sights.

I'm really hoping it's not a long wait for the CHPWS 509T plate.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#9]
EGW RMR plate for the VP9
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#10]

What are your thoughts on the EGW plate?  Acceptable alternative to the factory plate?  My patience is wearing thin.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Edit below-
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What are your thoughts on the EGW plate?  Acceptable alternative to the factory plate?  My patience is wearing thin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It works -   Good fit and finish-      Mounts up solid-    

Joe
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess I was lucky.
Everything was in stock last month when I ordered mine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I guess I was lucky.
Everything was in stock last month when I ordered mine.
https://i.postimg.cc/ZnR4fWYv/36-B82136-31-C1-4153-B6-DD-EA8-CE4-EB7091.jpg
View Quote

Optics plate #2 was in stock last month?

Where??? I've been looking for seven months for one.

ETA: @Thump_rrr
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got eleventy-billion stock alerts set up and have gotten NOTHING for months...
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

In Canada.
As you can tell by the pricing we are getting screwed.
EDIT: I'm not sure if it's the same plate.
The part numbers aren't the same.

I've dealt with the first 2 companies in the past.
I bought everything from the second store.

They won't ship to the USA due to ITAR.
https://www.gotenda.com/product/hk-sfp9l-or-optic-plate-trijicon-rmr/

https://g4cgunstore.com/product/hk-sfp9l-optic-ready-plate-for-trijicon-rmr/

https://www.firearmsoutletcanada.com/heckler--koch-sfp9l-or-optic-plate--trijicon-rmr-254838-.html

https://www.reliablegun.com/en/heckler-koch-optics-accessories-mounts-trijicon-rmr-plate-for-hk-sfp9l-optic-ready-sku-262506
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seven months and you still haven’t found one ?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Seven months and you still haven’t found one ?
View Quote

Yup. Purchased VP9 OR in September and haven’t been able to find an rmr plate in stock. Not sure why HK isn’t making them. Can’t really call it an optics ready pistol if you can’t put an optic on it. May have to go with one of the aluminum plates posted above.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yup. Purchased VP9 OR in September and haven’t been able to find an rmr plate in stock. Not sure why HK isn’t making them. Can’t really call it an optics ready pistol if you can’t put an optic on it. May have to go with one of the aluminum plates posted above.
View Quote

Let me check tomorrow. I think I can get you one . And I mean just one as in that’s all they have at the LGS .
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#20]
CHPWS makes an RMR plate for the VP9.  It's spendy at around $75, but it's solid.  The plate is aluminum, bit it uses steel T nuts to secure the RMR.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got in an EGW plate for the RMR. It was about $50.

It fits nicely and seems well made out of 7075 aluminum.. Comes with 2 flat head mounting screws, which need a Torx tool to tighten. I used my orange Trijicon tool that came with the RMR that sits on a Glock slide.

I have to buy another optic for this VP9 slide.

I waited 6 months before giving up on HK.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't really think that there is any advantage at all to having a steel plate over a 7075 aluminum one, particularly in this application.
Isn't the body of the RMR made of aluminum as well?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't really think that there is any advantage at all to having a steel plate over a 7075 aluminum one, particularly in this application.
Isn't the body of the RMR made of aluminum as well?
View Quote

What are the screws that attach the RDS to the plate to the slide made out of (you guessed it...steel).  Yes, it's a concern.  Steel screws > aluminum plate = stripping out the more you tighten/untighten = i.e battery replacement.  

Less chance of stripping out the threads when made of steel unless there's a helicoil in place.  I'm holding out for FCD's steel plate for my own peace of mine.  Plus it will have the "fences" to keep it from moving around in addition to the screws, much like a milled gun.  Most shooters don't put 1k rounds downrange monthly for it to matter, but for some of us, it does, because we do.  

CHWS owner, Buck alluded to the same argument...."but, it's attached to a plastic gun, you don't need steel, etc..."  Then he came out with what, version 4 (Glock) to correct his deficient (versions 1-3) 6061 series aluminum plate with the steel inserts now.  His plate did not pass go.  Some pics of it also failing (version 4) in the Glock forum here.  His argument was more threads.  Problem was... thinner screws to fit in a post that was meant for a bigger screw.    

I see a lot of plates with gaps front and back of the RDS and slide (CZ, HK, Glock, FNX/FNP, IMI, and now Walter).  Looks terrible and will fail over time with more hard use (mainly not the, I get it out of the safe twice a year crowd, but folks that carry, go to classes and go in harms way).  

@Duffy
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I just ordered a steel OR #2 plate from HKparts for $50.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just ordered a steel OR #2 plate from HKparts for $50.
View Quote

Gone!!! Argh!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#27]

They need to say in their ad that those plates are their own make and not factory HK .
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They need to say in their ad that those plates are their own make and not factory HK .
View Quote

Under "brand"at the bottom, it says HKPARTS.

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I wouldn't pay that much when Forward Controls plates are $68.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#30]
VP9 plates will be worked on soon, now that we're done with OPF-M17/M18, RMR and OPF-G43X/48, RMRcc.

We have been interested in doing a plate for VP9 since last year, I think we'll get to it this month, pushing it ahead of the M&P plate.

All of ours are steel, neither we, nor Tangodown with whom we often partner on plate development believe aluminum a good application for optics mounting plates for pistols.  As to thread engagement, we published a whitepaper on our site, look under the FAQ section.  Numbers and physics aren't wishful thinking.  

As long as the sight is allowed to reciprocate in recoil. no additional thread engagement is ever going to solve a single thing.  To wit, our plate has the same thread engagement as the OEM Glock OEM plate, whereas the OEM plates loosen and shear screws, ours do not.  We never believed thread engagement was anything to be addressed as long as it met minimum thread engagement. Screws and thread engagement are the constant, different designs are the variable that meant the failure of success of the plate.  I'd post a direct link but don't want to get in trouble with the site admins.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
VP9 plates will be worked on soon, now that we're done with OPF-M17/M18, RMR and OPF-G43X/48, RMRcc.

We have been interested in doing a plate for VP9 since last year, I think we'll get to it this month, pushing it ahead of the M&P plate.

All of ours are steel, neither we, nor Tangodown with whom we often partner on plate development believe aluminum a good application for optics mounting plates for pistols.  As to thread engagement, we published a whitepaper on our site, look under the FAQ section.  Numbers and physics aren't wishful thinking.  

As long as the sight is allowed to reciprocate in recoil. no additional thread engagement is ever going to solve a single thing.  To wit, our plate has the same thread engagement as the OEM Glock OEM plate, whereas the OEM plates loosen and shear screws, ours do not.  We never believed thread engagement was anything to be addressed as long as it met minimum thread engagement. Screws and thread engagement are the constant, different designs are the variable that meant the failure of success of the plate.  I'd post a direct link but don't want to get in trouble with the site admins.
View Quote

Hot damn!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 2:59:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s great news. I have two slides awaiting your plates!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#34]
FCD's plate are the real deal.  Roger stands behind his products.  Fit and finish is superb.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#35]
HK VP9 RMR plates in stock:
https://shootingsurplus.com/heckler-koch-vp-or-mounting-plate-2-trijicon-rmr/

The also have the HK VP OR Mounting Plate Noblex/Meopt available.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
HK VP9 RMR plates in stock:
https://shootingsurplus.com/heckler-koch-vp-or-mounting-plate-2-trijicon-rmr/

The also have the HK VP OR Mounting Plate Noblex/Meopt available.
View Quote

Thanks.

Ordered!
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Will these work on a sk? Add is a little fuzzy on that
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Will these work on a sk? Add is a little fuzzy on that
View Quote

No, those are for optic ready VP9 or VP9L models only, the ones that have a removable plate milled into the slide from the factory.

For SKs I haven't looked to see if there would be enough room on the slide for an optic ready model to be made.  I think the only current options are to get them milled maybe affecting the rear sight or maybe one of the optic plates that fit in the rear sight dovetail and sit higher?
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, those are for optic ready VP9 or VP9L models only, the ones that have a removable plate milled into the slide from the factory.

For SKs I haven't looked to see if there would be enough room on the slide for an optic ready model to be made.  I think the only current options are to get them milled maybe affecting the rear sight or maybe one of the optic plates that fit in the rear sight dovetail and sit higher?
View Quote

I'm currently in the process of having my SK milled and there is just enough space to keep the rear sight in place with the mill job, at least for the Trijicon/Holosun cut.  The SK still uses the exact same slide layout as the first model VP9s and those were able to be milled in the same way with no issues by a few companies, though I think some others don't work on them.

But I think they'll have to update the sight setup to the newer VP9 style if they ever want to do an official OR version of the SK, since the plate requires more space.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

AWESOME! Thank you for the link
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Thanks!  Finally snagged one after all this time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Awesomeee!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top