Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2020 10:39:25 AM EDT
I’ve been waiting YEARS for HK to release a factory VP9L. Looks like it’s finally going to happen although on a “limited production” basis. Comes with the optics cut and 20 round mags.

https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9l-or/

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone make a threaded barrel for the VP9L? That would make for a nice suppressor host I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Price?
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I love a long slide, no doubt.  My long slide are in 10mm.  

What tangible advantage does it have with a red dot sight?
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Dirt induction ports.  Yay!
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

That’s part of my question.  With a LS 9mm with a red dot, it’s gonna be a heavy slide.  Harder to cycle that amount of mass, unless the spring is lighter.  Which has its own issues.  

That’s why I don’t see suppressor use for this combination.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That’s part of my question.  With a LS 9mm with a red dot, it’s gonna be a heavy slide.  Harder to cycle that amount of mass, unless the spring is lighter.  Which has its own issues.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

On long slide pistols like this usually the holes in the slide are there for weight relief so that it is the same weight as the shorter standard slide.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On long slide pistols like this usually the holes in the slide are there for weight relief so that it is the same weight as the shorter standard slide.
View Quote

I wasn’t clear in my above post, but I know that (of course).  Have to save weight somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I've run an HK VP9L milled for a Trijicon RMR for over a year on duty.  Went through Modern Samurai RDS course with it and have 5,000 rounds through it with 0 issues whatsoever.

Long Slide cycles just fine.

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does anyone make a threaded barrel for the VP9L? That would make for a nice suppressor host I'm thinking.
View Quote

Jarvis-Custom
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've run an HK VP9L milled for a Trijicon RMR for over a year on duty.  Went through Modern Samurai RDS course with it and have 5,000 rounds through it with 0 issues whatsoever.

https://i.ibb.co/DG0ySNK/51911985-5-BCA-41-A1-81-CF-09-D4-C7-C53-D17.jpg
View Quote

This is the set-up I plan on rocking when I get one. Looks great
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure the main reason behind that was to keep the weight the same as the standard slide so nothing else had to be re-engineered.  Easy to market it as a "competition" thing too.  I would much prefer an intact, heavier slide and if that means it's not interchangeable with the standard.

I bought the long slide kit a while ago, and shooting it doesn't feel any different to me than the standard slide.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#12]
SVwweeeeet
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the main reason behind that was to keep the weight the same as the standard slide so nothing else had to be re-engineered.  Easy to market it as a "competition" thing too.  I would much prefer an intact, heavier slide and if that means it's not interchangeable with the standard.

I bought the long slide kit a while ago, and shooting it doesn't feel any different to me than the standard slide.
View Quote

I wish they had a closed slide as well using the same frame though. Seems like only the guide rod and spring would need tweaked...like the P30 and P30L

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Nice, I want one!  Looks like Buds has them listed on their site for when they get some in, but no pictures or price yet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nice, I want one!  Looks like Buds has them listed on their site for when they get some in, but no pictures or price yet.
View Quote

PSA had a few yesterday...sold out quick.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/DG0ySNK/51911985-5-BCA-41-A1-81-CF-09-D4-C7-C53-D17.jpg
View Quote

Vp9B L, wow, those must be super hard to find. I searched a long time just to find a vp9b.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Would have been nice if they bumped the capacity of the 20 round magazine to 22, when releasing this pistol. Oh well though, still nice to see the optics ready slide being offered on an additional model.

VP9SK OR hopefully soon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah saw that, they were $899. More than I was willing to spend for it personally
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah saw that, they were $899. More than I was willing to spend for it personally
View Quote

Stopped at a gun show in San Antonio today to pick up a gas tube and looked around to see if any in stock.  One dealer was 949 and another dealer that used to be the cheapest around had one at 1099. I left with only the gas tube.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I have an early long slide.
Where is a good place to send it, to have it milled for RMR?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've gotten to the point of detesting slide cuts.

Yeah I get they maybe "lighten" the slide or whatever but if I wanted "light" I wouldn't be buying a long slide now would I?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have an early long slide.
Where is a good place to send it, to have it milled for RMR?
View Quote
DP Custom Works
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I sold mine after the first day. Did not co-witness at all even with the XS sights. I decided I'm happy with
my uncut slide with supressor sights no red dot........
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah I get they maybe "lighten" the slide or whatever but if I wanted "light" I wouldn't be buying a long slide now would I?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s not just to make it lighter—it’s to make it roughly the same weight as a regular length slide. Changing slide weight might necessitate changing other things, like the recoil spring, when going to a long slide.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top