Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2020 11:13:17 PM EDT
My LGS got some in last week.  

American style mag release, different looking 13rd mag & a PERFECT trigger on a striker-fired gun!

So new that H&K doesn't even list them on their web site.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
??

They had the button release ones awhile ago?

I almost bought one when they first came out to convert it to 357 but wanted the paddle release. Yeah. I’m strange. All my HKs have the paddle release.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:38:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I've gotten used to the paddle on my SK and find it to work fine, but it's not ideal having to deal with a fundamentally different manual of arms when going from any of my other pistols to my carry pistol.

If I were buying today I'd go with the B model. The VP9 is damn good in every other regard and is easily the best factory striker gun I've shot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chowser:
??

They had the button release ones awhile ago?

I almost bought one when they first came out to convert it to 357 but wanted the paddle release. Yeah. I’m strange. All my HKs have the paddle release.
View Quote

He's probably talking about the small batch of VP9BSKs that came in, with the new higher capacity magazines (from what I hear).
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#4]
VP9SK?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Chowser:
??

They had the button release ones awhile ago?

I almost bought one when they first came out to convert it to 357 but wanted the paddle release. Yeah. I’m strange. All my HKs have the paddle release.
View Quote

I prefer paddle release too. Faster for me.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M4arc:
VP9SK?
View Quote

Technically, yes. But a different design on many things.

One 13rd mag, two 10rd mags.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Is there an OR version of the B?
View Quote

Not that I'm aware of. Keep in mind the "B" model just hit the stores.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:07:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Weird, they launched the B in 2018
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:11:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MNSwede:
Weird, they launched the B in 2018
View Quote

Then why isn't it listed on H&K's web site?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BobCole:

Then why isn't it listed on H&K's web site?
View Quote

Try google, maybe it's just not on the US site. The B model with button mag release, long slide model, and the OR model have been around in Europe for awhile.  They've just been taking their sweet time getting them here in the US.  Unfortunately the only OR models I've seen online here are full size black frame only.  

The change in magazines is for all 2020 VP9 models.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#12]
The VP9-B model has been available in the US for over a year.  It is pictured on their website in the regular VP9 section, and kind of mixed in with the other full-size VP9's (regular and longslide), there's even a "Push button instructional supplement" on that page for the VP9-B.
https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9/

I'm wondering if what the OP saw was the VP9SK-B since he mentions them coming with 10 and 13 round mags.  The VP9SK-B is listed specifically as a new release/limited production run on HK's website, and would fit the 10rd and 13rd mag description.
https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9sk-b/
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MyWar:

I'm wondering if what the OP saw was the VP9SK-B since he mentions them coming with 10 and 13 round mags.  The VP9SK-B is listed specifically as a new release/limited production run on HK's website, and would fit the 10rd and 13rd mag description.
https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9sk-b/
View Quote

You are probably correct there, IMO.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top