Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/31/2022 7:01:23 PM EDT
Bored want something new. Vp9 tactical or usp compact 9mm. What would you choose?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a USP 9c (about 20 years old now) and new VP9.   As much as I like the 9c, I think I like the VP9 more.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both.  They are not apples to apples.  They serve different purposes.

So, get both.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
What would be the different purposes?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve had multiples of both and I’d take the VP9. Better ergonomics, easier to shoot trigger.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Have both as well, like the VP9 better. It's a more modern gun, I'm just not anymore into DA/SA triggers
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not a fan of the USP series.
I realize this is heresy for many here.

I have become a huge fan of the VP9.
Especially since they are now making a VP9-B model (US style mag release) that is optics ready.
One of the guys I work with has a regular VP9 (standard HK mag release paddles on the trigger guard) and has let me shoot it several times. I dont want to like it...but I do.

VP9 is a very nice pistol, and that's coming from someone who is a Sig fan.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get both and a P30
View Quote

I've got a p30, p30l, hk45 and a sp5. Just getting the hk itch.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I have both.  I like shooting the VP9 better, but the USPc is a lot better for carry.  Also, not sure if you are aware, but the USPc can take VP9 mags.  You'll have to get the xgrip adapter to cover the gap, but they work 100%.  

For carry its hard to beat a USPc that holds 17+1 rounds.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't have a USP 9C, but I have a USP 9, USP 9 Tactical, USP 45 (two actually), and a USP 45C. I also have a VP9.  As a carry gun,I prefer the P30 to all of those, except maybe the USP 45.

For the two you asked about, they are completely different guns.  The VP9 is not really all that different from a Glock.  The trigger is lighter with a more crips break in my experience, and it has an ergo grip if you like that.  I like the VP9 fine but it rarely comes out of my safe.

The USP is a hammer fired gun with a modular trigger system.  You can swap it from DA/SA with safety and decock, DA/SA with decock only, or SAO by just changing out the control plate which takes 30 seconds and is an $8 part.  You can also put a LEM kit in it for what I think is the best all around carry trigger system.  The only real drawback to a USP is that it does not have a standard rail.  If you want to mount a light, you can get an adapter, but that will limit your holster options. I rarely use a pistol mounted light, so that is not important to me, but it may be to you.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top