Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/23/2020 2:20:01 PM EDT
I am a previous owner of a USP .45. Needed to sell it after a deivorce. I have come across a used police duty gun for $300. Comes with 4 Mags and the duty light. I think it is a great deal. I know the person selling.

Before  purchase it, I wanted to know if anyone has purchased a used duty pistol - and what can I expect to replace/repair and roughtly how much?

I have a Deadair Ghost 45 M in NFA Jail for 251 days. I think this would be a great host with an threaded barrel.

~Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ll buy it if u don’t. Check out HK parts or HKs web store for springs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't think.  Fo.

That's a hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Most police turns are carried a lot but fired only a few times a year for qualification.

So most likely you'll need to inspect springs and all steel parts for rust.  Barrel should be in good contition once you get all the spider webs and holster lint out of it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold 1000's of use duty pistols, most HK, some had wear but not one had a major problem
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy it.

If you're that concerned send it to hk, they'll usually replace stuff for free or so I've heard.

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been trying to find a PD trade USP 45 locally for a while. No dice. Id be ALL OVER one for 300
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Pick it up - you can buy a new recoil spring assembly for $50 or so (highly, highly recommend that be your first purchase unless the seller can document when the assembly was last replaced, round count on it, etc).

Maybe buy some mag springs as well; on the 45 those are a known weak/wear point...USP45 mag springs go weak quicker than the 40 or 9mm springs do for some reason.

Check the sear spring; they can crack/break. If it's solid and in one piece, you should be good to go.

Check the HK Web Shop for part prices, and if you don't see what you need, call them. They stock a lot that isn't on their web page. Odds are you can buy it from HK directly for less than you can from other vendors online.

If you pick up a factory threaded barrel, you should also pick up the factory USP Tactical recoil spring assembly - yes, there is a different one that they use on guns that might be shot suppressed. There's enough differences to make it worth buying if you plan on shooting it with a can. Costs the same as a normal assembly and you can use it in the place of a normal assembly too...so if you know you're going to shoot it suppressed a fair bit, just buy a new USP Tac recoil assembly instead of the standard assembly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I've bought several police trade in pistols.  1 was a Smith & Wesson M&P, it was carried a lot and hardly fired.  The other was a Sig P226 9mm, it was carried a lot, and shot a lot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I would buy that in a heartbeat, especially at that price.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I would definitely get it if I had the spare money, they have sold on here for $500 or $550
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Is this an onLine place selling these?
Can you provide a URL?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought one for ~500 or so that was a SJSO trade in.  Haven't done anything except dropped in an LEM kit and it hasnt missed a beat
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Can't pass up that deal, hell the magazines alone are worth $100

The only issue I've seen on some of the po-surp guns are the bottom of the grip worn down, sometimes significantly. Guessing this is from seat belts but not sure.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top