Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2021 11:14:05 AM EDT
I have been wanting to upgrade my 17 with an RMR and threaded barrel. So placed an order at Brownells.
1. Glock 17 with RMR cut.
2. Slide parts kit.
3. Barrel.
4. Trijicon RMR.

Everything but the RMR went together with no problem. I can set the RMR on the slide, with holes lined up to the studs on the slide, but there is a gap underneath. I am assuming I need an adapter plate. I assumed the slide would fit the rmr as it said it was rmr cut...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have been wanting to upgrade my 17 with an RMR and threaded barrel. So placed an order at Brownells.
1. Glock 17 with RMR cut.
2. Slide parts kit.
3. Barrel.
4. Trijicon RMR.

Everything but the RMR went together with no problem. I can set the RMR on the slide, with holes lined up to the studs on the slide, but there is a gap underneath. I am assuming I need an adapter plate. I assumed the slide would fit the rmr as it said it was rmr cut...
View Quote

if you can, post a picture of the gap you're experiencing.  may just need to install the sealing plate.

-t
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
before you buy anything else I need to see pictures of the slide cut and what is your rmrs designation?

Mine is rmr 06 type 2. whats yours?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I should have posted pics. The day turned crazy after I posted. At work till Sat morning, will post some up when I gat home for advice. Thanks for the advice so far.

I purchased This slide.

This RMR
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#5]
You want a standard RMR for your G17.  Your link is for the narrower RMR CC, which has a slightly different footprint than the regular RMR.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want a standard RMR for your G17.  Your link is for the narrower RMR CC, which has a slightly different footprint than the regular RMR.
View Quote

Well. I feel stupid...

Just ordered the Adapter. Also, ordered Suppressor height sights to co witness....  Lesson learned.

Thank you all. Will post a pic when everything is together.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well. I feel stupid...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well. I feel stupid...

If you ordered it from Brownells, where you linked to, they have a 100% guaranteed return policy, so you can return it for a full refund and order the standard RMR.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you ordered it from Brownells, where you linked to, they have a 100% guaranteed return policy, so you can return it for a full refund and order the standard RMR.
View Quote

Good to know. Going to see how it works and may do that... Hopefully I will like it as is...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]
What adaptor did you order?  I don't think you can adapt a RMRcc to a slide that is cut for a regular RMR.  I think they do make a dovetail mount to put the cc on a non-RMR cut Glock slide.  As mentioned Brownells return policy is very good.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Adapter plater

If the link isnt working.

892-100-031MB
Glock® M.O.S. RMRcc Adapter Plate
Mfr Part: AC32099

Frome Brownells.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]
That adaptor is used to mount the RMRcc to a Glock MOS slide.  It won't work on your Brownells slide since it has a regular RMR cut and not an MOS cut.  I know it's all very confusing.  

Quoted:
Adapter plater

If the link isnt working.

892-100-031MB
Glock® M.O.S. RMRcc Adapter Plate
Mfr Part: AC32099

Frome Brownells.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That adaptor is used to mount the RMRcc to a Glock MOS slide.  It won't work on your Brownells slide since it has a regular RMR cut and not an MOS cut.  I know it's all very confusing.  

View Quote

Well Damn....
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:54:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
before you buy anything else I need to see pictures of the slide cut and what is your rmrs designation?

Mine is rmr 06 type 2. whats yours?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well... I have Scottish blood in me. So I can be stubborn, or stupid at times...

I do appreciate the effort.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#15]
same here and I am just forgetful because im drunk
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#16]
And Plate/RMRcc are heading back due to my stubborn stupidity...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top