Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2022 3:04:30 PM EDT
I have a UPS 9 and was looking to get a holster and possibly a light for it. I know there are different versions and mine is a DA/SA with safe and a decocker. I currently have an OWB leather holster that is actually for a compact. I am not looking for a concealed holster but something for 2 gun or that type of shooting.

I originally wanted to get a Safariland ALS holster that would accept a light that would go on a Esstac belt. While there are adapters for lights, getting the right combination seems to be more difficult then I thought it would be that would for a holster. and there are no ALS holsters for the USP 9 with a light. The 6004 holster seems to accept the USP 9 but I can't find the right light/adapter combination because most lights or adapters seem discontinued. I guess I would be okay with a 6004 but don't want to pay all the extra money for the drop holster portion either on top of a light and rail adapter.

The best holster that might work would be the 6377 ALS, but it would be without the light. I woudl also remove the belt look and add the QLS system. Anyone have any experience with the 6377? I included some screenshots of the Safariland holster matrix below that show which holsters Safariland has for the USP 9.

Is there a similar type plastic holster for the USP 9 that I should look at? Am I missing something? I didn't think this would be so complicated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You’re probably going to have to get a custom made holster. Between which rail adapter and light you decide to use, it will need to be made specifically for your combination. Those guns aren’t being adopted by any large Departments these days so none of the big holster companies are making anything like that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It can be tough finding a combination of pistol, light, and holster. Even tougher for guns that don't have a large market share, and less popular lights. I am the master of picking obscure firearm/light combos that no one makes holsters for.

Try these guys: https://www.daraholsters.com/light-bearing-level-ii-duty-holster/

https://www.daraholsters.com/Level-II/

Neither of those links are exactly what you're looking for, but they could be a starting point for a custom. It's worth a call to see if they can build a custom holster for you. Their retention system's activation is similar to ALS.

A friend modified a safariland to accept a light. If you can find a local custom holster shop, they might be able to help. It might not be pretty but it would work.

ETA: These guys offer a lot of options. https://otghex.com/

I was able to find a holster for a glock 20 with surefire x400v:

https://otghex.com/products/mkiii-outside-waistband/?navselect=group3

It's a well built holster but I don't like the blade tech style retention as much as the ALS style.
View Quote

I do believe that OTG makes a light bearing holster for the USPc and fullsize with light, and even a RDS if need be. They also accommodate for different mounting systems, G-code/Safariland/ Bladetech, ect.

I ordered from them years ago (2007 or 8) with no problems, but read later on on a review page their CS and turn around times went to shit, maybe?

There were all kinds of customers waiting several months for their holster setups, and OTG had a dozen excuses as to the why.

When I ordered mine I got it pretty quick. 20-30 days, can't remember for sure.

Holster was for my USP full size 45 with TLR-1 HL.

Did you get yours from them recently? How was turn around?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Checking email traffic:

Looks like I ordered late January, 2020. They estimated 14 days to ship.

24 days later I sent them an email asking for an updated ship date.

4 days after that they stated they were backlogged, and would provide a tracking number the following week.

I emailed them again in March, reminding them it had been 7 weeks. There's no email with tracking, I think the thing just showed up.

I'm really not a fan of the bladetech retention they use. I found that if something is pressed against the holster, for instance if I'm sitting in my driver's seat and my leg is pressed into the center console, or lying on my side as if in a fight, I cannot release the thumb catch.
View Quote

Yeah I didn't like the Bladetech retention either myself. I ended up selling the holster here. I was thinking of doing one for my HK45 and 45c without, but sounds like they are still having issues getting product out to people in a timely manor.

Cool thing is I found out that the Safariland 6390 RDS Holster for SIG P320 RX FULL or COMPACT will perfectly fit both the 45 and 45c with x300u's and mounted RDS's.

I did have to insert OT-defense foam spacers in where the light sits for the 45 and I just add one extra when I use the 45c.

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the suggestions. After looking at some posts from HKpro I ordered the Safariland 6282-9221 and the gg&g rail adapt. It might work, might not. From some posts over there some ordered the 6282-9321 but said that they had to modify the strap a bit. I believe that holster is for a bobed hammer?

The holster is an SLS as opposed the the ALS but I can live with that if everything works. If this does not work out I will look into some uf the suggestion further but a custom holster would probably be the next best option.

We shall see and once everything comes in I will try and remember to follow up but it will be a few weeks before I get everything in.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a holster for my USP 9 w/ surefire x-300 from Other hex. It is an excellent piece of equipment. Carries very comfortably, especially for a large gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Checking email traffic:

Looks like I ordered late January, 2020. They estimated 14 days to ship.

24 days later I sent them an email asking for an updated ship date.

4 days after that they stated they were backlogged, and would provide a tracking number the following week.

I emailed them again in March, reminding them it had been 7 weeks. There's no email with tracking, I think the thing just showed up.

I'm really not a fan of the bladetech retention they use. I found that if something is pressed against the holster, for instance if I'm sitting in my driver's seat and my leg is pressed into the center console, or lying on my side as if in a fight, I cannot release the thumb catch.
View Quote

First off, good luck to OP with his Safariland. I'd be interested to see how it works out.

As for the Bladetech hood: I had the same issue with that hood. A while back I found out  Holsterbuilder sells a direct replacement that is more of a pivoting lever mechanism. It's cheap, works better, and is a simple swap. Link here
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#9]
@NY_crawler

Please be sure to post after you receive the Safariland holster.  I have found that a lot of their holsters are "very forgiving" in terms of cross sizing, but the GG&G adapter / WML could create an issue.

@Truegrave

What issue did you have with the hood?  

Just last week I received a very expensive custom kydex I had made for my USP45 Elite & Expert with a WRS Level II Hood Kit installed.  As someone that is use to using the Safariland SLS system the "push to side" of the WRS is taking a little retraining.  The "quality feel" is definitely not present on the WRS system.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Forgot to mention, I have a GG&G adapter on my Elite & Expert.  I had holsters built that allows the adapter and a TLR-1HL to be fitted.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:24:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]
@GaryT1776 that looks like a nice holster. I don't know anything about that hood kit but will keep it in mind.

I have the gg&g adapter and the light mounted to my USP 9 but I am still waiting on the holster. It will probably be a few more weeks until I get it. I will try and remember to update this thread on how everything fits once I get it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@NY_crawler

Please be sure to post after you receive the Safariland holster.  I have found that a lot of their holsters are "very forgiving" in terms of cross sizing, but the GG&G adapter / WML could create an issue.

@Truegrave

What issue did you have with the hood?  

Just last week I received a very expensive custom kydex I had made for my USP45 Elite & Expert with a WRS Level II Hood Kit installed.  As someone that is use to using the Safariland SLS system the "push to side" of the WRS is taking a little retraining.  The "quality feel" is definitely not present on the WRS system.
View Quote
I wasn't a fan of the push to side mechanism. It would be difficult to get the hood to release, depending on my body position. I often fumbled with the latch because there was so little room for error. Also, to disengage the hood with any consistency, I had to be sure to apply extra pressure. Even then, my draws were inconsistent.

The HolsterBuilder replacement still isn't perfect, but it releases reliably and with less focus needed to "hit it just right." The lever sits a little high when installed, so I have to disengage it on the down stroke before building my grip.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I received the Safariland 6282-9221 holster today and didn't have much time before I had to run out the door again but my USP 9 with GG&G adapter and TLR1-HL fits. The initial fits was pretty loose but after tightening down the retention screw it seemed to fit well.

The USP 9 fits with the hammer cocked so not sure if it will slide up and down much with the hammer down or if the strap has a bit of adjustment.

I will try and get pictures and more info up soon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Here are pics of the setup. I think the only thing I might change is either getting a QLS or at least the mid-ride belt loop instead of the high-ride loop it came with.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top