Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2021 4:44:07 PM EDT
I'm considering joining the USCCA, but wondering if it's worth $250 annually.

My primary concern is being prepared for a legal defense in the event I was ever involved in a use of force situation.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
After looking at both, I went with Texas/US Law Shield. Bail coverage, legal defense even if other than firearm is used, other factors. Good education on/offline.

And I don't get 25000 emails a day about them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got it for myself & the wife.  I don't think I or anyone could really know how good it is until you use it.  Neither of us have had to shoot anyone so I really couldn't say.  They've got a lot of nice perks with the magazine, online articles, etc. the higher level you sign up for the more perks you get too.  $29/month for both of us with the gold level membership.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After looking at both, I went with Texas/US Law Shield. Bail coverage, legal defense even if other than firearm is used, other factors. Good education on/offline.

View Quote

^ This.

All of the above plus "all state coverage" for a total cost of around $166/year.
And I have spoken personally with my program attorney, Mike Giaramita, the guy whose number is on my card in my wallet and who would be the one to actually represent me most likely.  Good guy and I have confidence in him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I mean who wouldn't sign up for a FREE $150 valued survival kit, stuffed with Chinese goodness.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

^ This.

All of the above plus "all state coverage" for a total cost of around $166/year.
And I have spoken personally with my program attorney, Mike Giaramita, the guy whose number is on my card in my wallet and who would be the one to actually represent me most likely.  Good guy and I have confidence in him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ This.

Excellent, thanks guys. Texas/US Law Shield sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, though I'm a little sad about missing out on the chinese survival pack.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#6]
After a good amount of homework,
I went with CCW  Safe a couple of
years ago.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I have US/Texas Law Shield. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a lot of money for a little piece of mind. Hope I never find out if the service is worth it or not.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#8]
US Law Shield here also. I like the fact that they offer actual legal representation, including for civil suits, rather than paying up to a specific dollar amount for somebody else to represent you. The price seemed reasonable,  also.

See if they will be doing a sales presentation anywhere near you. You can get your questions answered, they will offer a discount if you subscribe while you are there, and that will be the price for the rest of your life. (At least that was my experience.)
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m not a fan of USCCA
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#12]
CCW Safe is the answer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’m not a fan of USCCA
View Quote

Can I ask why not?  

2Hut8
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#14]
No one wants to be in a position where you have to use a weapon to protect yourself.   But I went with USCCA.    The detail that tipped the scale in favor of USCCA was that USCCA would also at least partially cover a civil judgement if their customer loses.   I didn't see the other services doing that.  

Looking at the different reviews of the different services, a lot of the reviews have conflicting details.   One will say the service covers you to 50K and the next review will say the service covers you to 250K.   It makes it hard to compare apples to apples.  

2Hut8
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No one wants to be in a position where you have to use a weapon to protect yourself.   But I went with USCCA.    The detail that tipped the scale in favor of USCCA was that USCCA would also at least partially cover a civil judgement if their customer loses.   I didn't see the other services doing that.  

Looking at the different reviews of the different services, a lot of the reviews have conflicting details.   One will say the service covers you to 50K and the next review will say the service covers you to 250K.   It makes it hard to compare apples to apples.  

2Hut8
View Quote

Some of the companies offer different levels of purchase, I know USCCA has at least 3.  Some might be quoting a lower level of coverage & the other a higher one.  Also, depending on when the reviews were published, the companies might have changed their amounts over time.  Also some articles I've seen they might have one of the companies as a sponsor, which can call into question their objectivity & do what they can to skew it in favor of their sponsor.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I have USCCA.   I got it after having to draw to end a felony assault and attempted kidnapping.

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

They  (Law Shield) came to our CCW permit class.  I had been looking at USCCA, and the price for the coverage was much better.  Also, TXLS had a deal that you locked in your annual price for life as long as you stayed up to date with payments.  TXLS also has no limits on coverage where USCCA had dollar limits.  And I don't get my inbox flooded daily.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm wondering if in today's political climate they would be pressured into not representing you after defending yourself
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Just like owning a fire extinguisher, hope you never need it, but if you do it could save your ass.  Not will, but could.  Almost any service is better than no service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top