Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2022 10:15:12 PM EDT
So if I have two different barrels for my Langdon tactical 92. The one it came with and a second threaded one. Is it a good idea to swap them back and forth? For example use the threaded one for suppressed use and the regular for range/ class use?
Would it cause weird or bad wear?
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say unless you are shooting thousands of rounds a year or have an expectation match accuracy...you are OK.

I bought a M9 slide off of ebay and just swap top ends  between one with a RDS, and threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn’t know if there would any weird rail or locking block wear from swapping back and forth between barrels. It’s a $2000 beretta I wanna keep nice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If it were me I'd keep one barrel new instead of putting wear on two individual barrels. You will likely never outshoot either and I'd rather have a new part in reserve than a slightly used part. If you do store the other barrel just keep it oiled.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't believe any harm will come from swapping them back and forth, but if it were mine I would just leave the threaded barrel in it all the time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:26:14 AM EDT
[#5]
ive been swapping alot of barrels and taking notes on same from beretta forum. if any barrels are bruniton painted like m9a3 etc you will see odd paint wear patterns at rear from just swapping barrels and slides at random. youll eventually get a combo thats not cycling right also. 2 things to check are headspace and barrel angle once installed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top