Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2021 10:16:19 PM EDT
As title says, tritium is faded.  I called SACS and she said I could drop it off. They’ll inspect the sights and if they’re bad enough they’ll replace them for free. Or it’s $175 for new tritium.

I have came across Harrison Design and actually spoke with him great guy and seems like he knows his shit and has been around forever.

Rear sight: HD-006-S-T1 Square Notch Sight
$100
Front sight: Fiber Optic Front Sight- Springfield & Dan Wesson 103-DP-020-024

Should I even waste my time with SACS or just order the Harrison sights?  

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Harrison Design is awesome stuff. I'm a big fan.
For rear sights, I lean towards the 10-8 U-Notch, but I don't think they do Tritium.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
John has done right by me so many times I can't, in good conscience, tell you to wait on Springfield.

He's a great dude, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't take care of you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Harrison Design is awesome stuff. I'm a big fan.
For rear sights, I lean towards the 10-8 U-Notch, but I don't think they do Tritium.
View Quote

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-006-t1-night-sight

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#4]
They are probably Trijicon lamps. You can send the slide to Trijicon and they can re-lamp. I was just quoted 57 for a similar situation.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are probably Trijicon lamps. You can send the slide to Trijicon and they can re-lamp. I was just quoted 57 for a similar situation.
View Quote

SACS woman did say to try trijicon. I mean mine Are def visible but dim as fuck
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Send the slide to Harrison. Great guy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Send it to Mr. Harrison.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends, depends...depends on the following:

Are you happy with the SA Novak rear?

And are you happy with the POA/POI?

If your answers are yes and no, in that specific order, then send it back to Springfield. Last year I sent back my Operator, already dim, as I wasn’t happy with the six o’clock hold POA it comes with originally, as with the way I shoot/aim I was hitting several inches high at 25 yards. Springfield replaced the entire rear sight changing the POI; free of charge with fresh tritium in under a month.

Yes my front is still dim, but I plan on replacing it later on with an big orange dot style front sooner or later; more to my liking.

So if you want to keep a Novak rear, and save yourself some dough, as well as fixing the POA/POI if it’s not to your liking, shoot it off to Springfield and replace the front with whatever you like.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Before I sold my TRP I was going to do Harrison sights as I didn’t think the bomar style was as tough. Honestly it’s mostly just preference. Harrison has a great reputation for a reason.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Hard to beat John Harrison's stuff. Do it!
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the ledge style of the Harrison so that’s my vote...that said I also don’t rock the tritium sights either
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I went with a Kensight front and 10-8 rear.   Kensight base matches the curve of the slide and allows for custom heights.  Fit is near perfect and included new roll pin.  I'll try to post pic later.  All that said I'm a Harrison fan as well.   This same gun uses Harrison fire control parts.  

TRP front sight from Kensight

10-8 rear

ETA pics.  10-8 is tall option with wide notch.  Front sight is slightly taller than stock to give me POI I prefer.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I went with Harrison U notch rear paired to XS standard size (not big dot) night sight

Excellent sight picture day or night

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Harrison Design for every 1911 I will ever own.  I had him put Trijicon HD's on my newest non-rail TRP.  You can't do better than Harrison.  You can pay more, you can wait longer, but you can't get better work done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top