Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2023 11:03:24 PM EDT
I have a Grey Ghost Precision G17 Gen 4 upper that I purchased with a GGP barrel and slide completion kit. OEM weight/brand RSA. For the lower, I bought a Lone Wolf Distributors TWF frame. OEM lower parts kit, but I did drop in an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger and OP OEM minus connector.

When I rack the slide and gently release it, the trigger resets just fine. When I full on sling shot it, it gets stuck back.

I have put an OEM G34 slide on the LWD lower and it does the same. I've also put the GGP slide on an OEM G34 lower and it doesn't have an issue. So I don't believe it has anything to do with the GGP slide.

I put an OEM trigger and connector in the LWD lower with the GGP upper and it does the same.

It's weird that there's a problem only when sling shotting the slide. I've had issues in the past where gently releasing the slide that the trigger bar fin had issues clearing the firing pin safety plunger, but would work fine when sling shotting the slide because it had more inertia to get past the plunger. This is the opposite.

I'm stumped.

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the striker is jumping over the cruciform sear surface. I wonder if it isn't a tolerance issue in the trigger housing. Do you jave an OEM one on hand to swap it out with? Could also be a frame tolerance issue. Do you have an armorors plate for the rear of the slide?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like the striker is jumping over the cruciform sear surface. I wonder if it isn't a tolerance issue in the trigger housing. Do you jave an OEM one on hand to swap it out with? Could also be a frame tolerance issue. Do you have an armorors plate for the rear of the slide?
View Quote

I have tried using another trigger housing, along with an OEM trigger bar and shoe. Same issue, so it does seem to be something to do with the frame. I do have an armorer's plate, but admittedly I don't 100% know what to look for. I wasn't aware that the striker could jump over the sear surface, so I'll take a look at that later when I get home to see if I can see issue happening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top