Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2022 5:58:36 PM EDT
Anybody have both? From what I’m reading the Tisas 1911A1 is a really solid offering that is running half the price, or less, than the Springfield GI. How does the Duty B45R compare to the railed Operator? I could buy two Tisas pistols for the cost of one Operator. I could almost buy 3 of the Tisas 1911A1. That’s a lot of money I could put toward ammo or upgrades.

I’ve looked for head-to-head comparisons, and there doesn’t seem to be any out there that actually compares those two models.

Anybody have experience with both of these models?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work for Tisas USA, but I feel both are great guns. One of my first pistols was a GI Champion from Springfield.

I typically let the reviews speak the volume for our products, but I will say most users that own a Tisas, own several of them and seems to enjoy them. The 1911A1 is arguably one of those most popular WW2 type clones on the market... If you see a deal on one, buy it.. I will almost bet you'll go hunt for that Duty SR or SSR not long after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHHc_O7ly2Q
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. I've *almost* bought the 1911A1 on multiple occasions - there always seems to be something else that pops up that needs that $300 to $400 thrown at it instead. If I go the 1911A1 route, it will almost definitely be a Tisas. I have yet to come across a single review that states a Springfield mil-spec is worth twice the cost of the Tisas. For some reason the LGSs around here never have the 1911A1. Lots of Service Pistols though.

I'm actually pretty surprised I can't find an apples/apples comparison on the Tisas Duty vs Springfield Operator lines. They seem to be pretty close as far as stated specs, but all the reviews I find are comparing the Duty to non-equivilant (with regard to features) gun. Or they're comparing it to something that's already been heavily modified.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have much to add on a comparison but I had a railed Tisas for a few years.  I don't remember the exact model number but it looked exactly like the one in the OP's link.  I bought it on a whim when our SWAT team changed from 45 to 9mm and I had a pallet of 45 ammo to shoot up.  I have no idea how many rounds I put though it maybe close to 10,000.  At some point the firing pin safety lever tip wore down to where I would get some failures to fire.  I just threw in a 70 series firing pin and keep shooting it almost everyday a lunch for another year.  I used Metalform pro 8 round mags and really never missed a beat.  I put an 18 round recoil spring in because the Winchester ranger bonded felt pretty hot.  If you are looking for a blaster the Tisas worked for me.  The only Springfields I've had were the Loaded model and the EMP4.   David
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top