Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/23/2019 11:38:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I've tried a few expensive cool guy belts, but I keep coming back to the inexpensive better BDU belt. I like the 1.75 width and have no problems with belt loops. If you go with the 1.5 it is still pretty stiff and would certainly fit through the belt loops of almost any pant.

https://www.amazon.com/Spec-Ops-Better-BDU-Belt-width/dp/B004WF4WSK
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Amazon Product
  • Hybrid COBRA® buckle fits through belt loops unlike other COBRA® buckles
  • Two layers of rigid 1.5" nylon webbing
  • Comfortable yet rigid enough for everyday carry

Love mine. Had it for about 2 years and its great.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Beltman or Hank's
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used one from Crossbreed holsters for several years now in OWB use. Usually a 1911 or Sig /220 or 229. Has held up fairly well, not ridiculously priced.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any issues getting the Cobra buckle through holster loops?
View Quote
For cobra buckles you generally take the buckle off and feed the belt thru pant loops and holsters/gear as required, then put the buckle back on. I find it kinda tedious.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Beltman or Hank's
View Quote
Beltman.  Don't get the liner.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For cobra buckles you generally take the buckle off and feed the belt thru pant loops and holsters/gear as required, then put the buckle back on. I find it kinda tedious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Takes me maybe 30 seconds to put belt on. Just have to remember to not lose half a cobra buckle.

I bought a belt I did not think I would like after using cobra and riggers belts. It is same belt construction as cobra belts but a “g” hook type buckle.  It works great and low profile.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve got my bullhide gunbelts
And my tactical rigger style belts

...but I just got one of these Kore Essentials gunbelts and it’s awesome.

Kore Essentials

These have a click-adjust track built into the back. Almost infinite adjustment. Very slick. Belt is nice and rigid too (has stiffening liner).
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That blue alpha belt posted above has a smaller buckle that feeds through loops just fine. I like mine but prefer my horse hide belt from A Better Belt.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That blue alpha belt posted above has a smaller buckle that feeds through loops just fine. I like mine but prefer my horse hide belt from A Better Belt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new belts I bought have the smaller cobra buckle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Ratchet Gun Belts I love mine.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt, or their Instructor belt, five stitch model.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’ve got my bullhide gunbelts
And my tactical rigger style belts

...but I just got one of these Kore Essentials gunbelts and it’s awesome.

Kore Essentials

These have a click-adjust track built into the back. Almost infinite adjustment. Very slick. Belt is nice and rigid too (has stiffening liner).
View Quote
Another vote for KORE. I have worn the black nylon gun belt for about 18 months or so. It is great for carry or just an everyday belt. I even wear it at work with dress slacks and black tennis shoes. It goes nicely. Nice firm belt and the ratchet style buckle is great.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I hate big buckles and Velcro on my belt. I find the Recycled Firefighter edc belt to be the best I’ve used so far. And it’s reasonably priced. I think they are 20% off right now too.
https://recycledfirefighter.com/collections/accessories/products/edc-belt
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Armourbelts.com
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
As a couple posters mentioned, the buckle on the hybrid is only 1.5" and will fit through standard sized belt loops with ease.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Those look super nice!
View Quote
I just got a Kore belt.  Meh.  One thing no one tells you is that the buckle is larger than other belts because of the belt to buckle attachment system.  A lever locks the belt to the buckle for sizing.
The part of the buckle where you insert the back end of the belt is square and has pointed edges.   Also the release lever will poke you in the gut as well if you dont point it downward.

So I learned the hard way to try the belt with different pants and shorts and sit down a lot in different scenarios.  Unfortunately I cut the belt first so no returns.

Also I realize that the belt's edge profile matters a lot.  MY belts have a tendency to ride up over the top of my pants edge and contacts my skin directly.  
This can cause discomfort in some situations.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I just got a Kore belt.  Meh.  One thing no one tells you is that the buckle is larger than other belts because of the belt to buckle attachment system.  A lever locks the belt to the buckle for sizing.
The part of the buckle where you insert the back end of the belt is square and has pointed edges.   Also the release lever will poke you in the gut as well if you dont point it downward.

So I learned the hard way to try the belt with different pants and shorts and sit down a lot in different scenarios.  Unfortunately I cut the belt first so no returns.

Also I realize that the belt's edge profile matters a lot.  MY belts have a tendency to ride up over the top of my pants edge and contacts my skin directly.  
This can cause discomfort in some situations.  YMMV.
View Quote
How would the release lever not be at the bottom? You would have to run the belt the opposite way around your body for that to happen.......
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thats so cheap I ordered one just for a regular belt. :-)
View Quote
It's a nice, stiff, but comfortable belt. I think you'll like it. One thing I did do was order rubber tail keepers from Klikbelt. They come in a package of three and keep the tail nicely tucked. Email or PM me your address and I'll drop one in the mail for you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm looking for a new leather belt and am considering A Better Belt but I've never had a 3 piece belt before. Do you think the 3 piece design would work well carrying heavy revolvers owb? I would obviously choose the owb reinforced option and likely double stitch as well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Ares Gear Aegis.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Classics are classic for a reason.
100 year warranty on a Hank's.
I got 2 for different colors.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a new leather belt and am considering A Better Belt but I've never had a 3 piece belt before. Do you think the 3 piece design would work well carrying heavy revolvers owb? I would obviously choose the owb reinforced option and likely double stitch as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A k frame isn't that heavy but I wouldn't?hesitate to carry my Blackhawk.
Attachment Attached File

It's my normal edc belt as well.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Simple, hard, and works very well: https://specops.us/ocp-better-bdu-belt.html
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, Wilderness 1.75 inch CSM original instructor belt is my daily go to!
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Got a Wilderness 5 stitch 1.5” a few weeks ago.  It’s ok and inexpensive enough to give it a try. It’s decent enough though when I try to snug it up tight it’ll slip in the belt loops unless I hang onto it.  It does a good job of supporting my BHP and a double mag pouch with zero worries about sweat damage when I’m out in the field.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I’ve been wearing and carrying with a Bullhide Belts leather belt for over six years now.  I highly recommend them.  1/4” thick single cut bull hide.   Looks good with slacks, jeans or shorts.  Supports a handgun and spare magazine very well.  I’ve lost 70 lbs since I originally bought it and instead of dropping money on a new belt I just trimmed the end and punched in new holes for the buckle.   It’s money well spent.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
www.amazon.com/dp/B072YVR1YHLove mine. Had it for about 2 years and its great.
View Quote
This is what I have. Excellent belt. No need to remove the buckle, it just slides through.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#36]
This is what I wear

KORE
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#37]
old school... I shot a Milt Sparks fancy stitched belt for about 5 years with a 1AT basket weave holster for USPSA... retired the leather for kydex, and wore the belt for 31 years as a classroom teacher...
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just ordered a 5 stitch Frequent Flyer to replace my now too-large Instructor belt, I really like the option for fine adjustments.
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 5:22:57 AM EDT
[#40]
The last 5 years I’ve been wearing a Magpul belt. I love it.

Had a Frequent Flyer before. Loved it also.

I never liked any of my belts with cobra buckles. I have 2.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#41]
No love for the Volund Gearworks Atlas G Hook belt? I really like mine. Maybe it's not as popular as I originally thought.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#42]
I have had a 5.11 reinforced leather belt for a few years. Looks nice and has held up to carrying a full sized. Not expensive either.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hate big buckles and Velcro on my belt. I find the Recycled Firefighter edc belt to be the best I’ve used so far. And it’s reasonably priced. I think they are 20% off right now too.
https://recycledfirefighter.com/collections/accessories/products/edc-belt
View Quote
I tried one of those.  I don’t really like the buckle that much.  It is hard to adjust when you u get close to tight....but I think the single thick scuba webbing would be about the perfect stiffness for something light like the 43x
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Buy the Kore and done.  In fact get several different colors, buckles.  Their dress gun belts, look nice, fit perfectly, and hold up a full complement of duty gear in plain clothes.  Wish I had learned about these years ago.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wilderness ... Instructor belt, five stitch model.
View Quote
This is what I've used for the last five or six years.
I'm going to buy a second one here soon.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I like to use the cobra belts for concealed carry most of the time. They are very strong, and I've never had a problem getting the buckle through my belt loops. Sometimes I'll just use a normal leather belt when I'm carrying a smaller gun, but usually, my belt will sag a little under the weight.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Beltman.

The very best I've found so far.  I also have 2 Looper belts but their website and I think company has changed.....

I only use Beltman products now.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No love for the Volund Gearworks Atlas G Hook belt? I really like mine. Maybe it's not as popular as I originally thought.
View Quote
It's the shit!
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
I really liked the one I had, I'll replace it as well.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Trayvax Cinch Belt. Simple and works for me so I have it in two colors.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top