Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2018 1:35:52 AM EDT
Well actually I have three old guns.

Over thanksgiving I went hunting on my cousin's ranch. When it was time to go they gave me a garbage bag and said there was guns in it.
Get home find three rugers. Two Blackhawks 357/44 and the 22.

The Blackhawks were made in 1967 and I assume they are called three screws. Value?

The 22 was made in 1963. It came with original box and papers. Again value? Collectable?

I plan to test fire them then decide on what I am going to do with them.

Oh who am I kidding?  I'll keep them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:17:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow!

Nice score, indeed...........
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Wish I has cousins like that.

The 22lr should be a Mark 1, but there are a lot more experienced here than I am, and when I see them at pawn shops they are usually going around $150-$200, since the newer Mk II magazines don't work with them.

The two Blackhawks, if working and in good shape, should both run anywhere from 300-500, depending on your area.  I know a guy I work with who paid 450 each for a pair about 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The .22 if it has fixed sights which it appears to would be referred to as a Ruger standard auto. The early target versions were Mark 1, after that they used the mark 2/3/4 designations on both fixed and adjustable sight versions. I understand later version magazines can be used in the first series guns by reversing the position of the load assist button on the side of the magazine.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you sure the middle gun in the pic is .357?  Out has the unfluted cylinder and squared off Dragoon style trigger guard that is typical of .44 Mag Super Blackhawks.

Congrats,  btw.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#7]
General serial# by year here: https://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory.html

I spent the extra $10 per gun and Ruger mailed me certificates with the year and where the pistol shipped, plus the manuals. They're from my Pops, so I won't sell, but to know the history is awesome. If MY heirs sell, maybe they get more with certificates/manuals?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you sure the middle gun in the pic is .357?  Out has the unfluted cylinder and squared off Dragoon style trigger guard that is typical of .44 Mag Super Blackhawks.

Congrats,  btw.
View Quote
The middle one is the 44.

I took them to my lgs and the blackhawks are valued at 500 to 700 bucks. They are three screw guns with collector values.
The 22 is valued a 200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top