Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2020 10:01:20 PM EDT
I know there are millions of Glock 19s out there. But this one is a bit of a time capsule. Made during the AWB and untouched since.

I got it from a friend that bought it new and barely ever shot it. He never bought any standard cap mags after the AWB sunset. So it just came with the 2 original 10 rounders. All the internal parts are original.

I have only changed the thin slide lock spring to the updated thick one and added a Glock extended slide release.

Glock says the date of manufacture is 11-19-99. The gun has a Gen2 extractor in it.

Anyway I thought it was pretty cool to find a Glock 19 from that era that is completely untouched.

I can only link pics so if someone wants to drop them in this thread I would appreciate it.

G19

Gen2 extractor

Slide lock spring

Ejector

Recoil spring
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You got a good one.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one I bought about the same time.  Traded actually, a SIG P229 in .40 S&W for the Glock with night sights.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Made before MIM small parts, nice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice. I have a Gen3 G19 with F** starting serial circa 2004. It does not have the Gen2 extractor, but it’s got the classic frying pan finish. My first gun. Happy I still own it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, I have an early model gen 3 G23 I found at a gun shop. Per Glock it was manufactured in 1998 (I have the month and year written down somewhere). It was a PD trade in and looks like it was carried a good amount but the internals looked almost new.

It’s one of the few early gen 3 guns that a dealer can sell to civilians here. There’s plenty of ways to buy Glocks but this one can be sold by a dealer.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a G2 19 that is still going, it has had 4 rsa's and night sights. I don't like finger grooves, so no more for me until I got a 43. I do have a couple of poly 80's though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry one that was made in 2001 and is actually a 2-pin frame.  Not sure if they are considered rare.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty cool.
Need more internal lock!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty cool.
Need more internal lock!
View Quote

Internal lock?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Internal lock?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty cool.
Need more internal lock!

Internal lock?

Some glocks have internal lock. I posted some pictures a few years ago before photobucket took a dump.
Ill get some up tomorrow.
Bought mine right after awb was over
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top