Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2022 7:49:19 PM EDT
Factory threaded or Silencerco 92FS barrels are unobtainable.

My shop has a nice Italian made 92FS that I'm going to pick up this week and I'd like to throw my Gemtech GM9 suppressor on it.

I'm looking at sending my barrel to JP Grips and Machine, and I understand that the thread length will be much shorter than say a factory threaded barrel.

Other than the shorter length, are there any downsides to getting the OEM barrel threaded? I already know the guide rod won't hit my GM-9, as I've seen pics of the exact setup I'll have.

Just curious if there's anything I should know.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The threads will be unfinished. Can't think of too many other downsides. As you said the number of threads will be smaller.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Silencerco barrels pop up about every month on capital armory website. I just bought two about 5 weeks ago
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
my old 92F barrel was threaded by Josh @ AGW.  It's shorter than factory threaded but works fine with my Gemtech Tundra.

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my old 92F barrel was threaded by Josh @ AGW.  It's shorter than factory threaded but works fine with my Gemtech Tundra.

https://i.postimg.cc/RFZCbwLf/B4-zps8mcz8ate.jpg

View Quote

Excellent. Your Tundra uses the same pistons as my GM9.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't say anything other than I have had JP Grips thread a savage 93, three 10/22 barrels. I am super pleased with the quality of his work and would highly recommend. Got more stuff to send him soon.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]
So my best friend stopped me before I sent my barrel off.

He bought two factory threaded Beretta 92 barrels from Beretta last year and never used one of them.

He sold me the brand new in box spare for $175. Italian made M9A3 barrel for my Italian made 92FS. ??

Stoked to shoot this thing with some subs!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top