Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 11/29/2018 11:21:50 AM EDT
Ever since I got my tan SiCo Osprey .45 can I’ve always had two requirements for handguns I buy; is it tan or can tan accessories be added to complement the suppressor? And can it be suppressed. So the question is this, what drop in threaded barrel options are there for a colt 1991a1? I have an opportunity to snag one for $400 and I know I can change the grips and add a light adapter rail. Are there instances where the barrel must be fitted? Or can I grab a storm lake or Ed brown drop in and call it a day, and if so is it assumable that the government profile is correct for a full size 1911? Thanks in advance, btw the is my first non EE arfcom post ever.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Whenever dealing with a 1911 the expectation should be some fitting and tinkering will be needed to make your gun run. Regardless of what a barrel maker may want to say rarely is any 1911 part a drop in fit. You might get lucky but I would never bet on that
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Fair enough, I’m used to the whole massive aftermarket for tactical Tupperware pistols. Although this wouldn’t be my first 1911, I’ve never owned one with a threaded barrel or shot one with a suppressor. Any recommendations for a good aftermarket barrel for the money?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Fair enough, I’m used to the whole massive aftermarket for tactical Tupperware pistols. Although this wouldn’t be my first 1911, I’ve never owned one with a threaded barrel or shot one with a suppressor. Any recommendations for a good aftermarket barrel for the money?
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top