Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2021 4:04:48 PM EDT
Subject pretty much says it all - anyone have any suggestions?

I know GGP offers one, but they’ve been out of stock for months, and I haven’t been able to find one through any of their resellers. Not really interested in swapping slides or removing the LCI if it can be avoided.

Anyone else I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Now that I've got that out of the way.

Fullsize threaded barrels have been extinct for the last 6 months at least. Its depressing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now that I've got that out of the way.

Fullsize threaded barrels have been extinct for the last 6 months at least. Its depressing.
View Quote

SIG has 'em for sale and instock on their site. M13x5LH. On Grabagun and other places as well.

I don't recall ever seeing threaded barrels in the full sized flavor with the LCI cutout. But I just remove the LCI. I find it a bit annoying anyways and distracting from the normal height sights.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Nobody wants that gross European threading

(I bought one and a PNM comp. I was tired of waiting)

Thread title says 1/2x28
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I pulled the LCI and put it with the spare P320 parts. The aimsurplus barrels show the lci cut out. However the barrel I received did not have the cutout. That's why I just removed it. Wasn't going to send it back and whine about it. The gun has two LCI's anyway.

Just for the hell of it...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
My concern with removing the LCI is that I run a dot on this pistol, and even with the indicator in place, it gets dirty quickly. Remove that plug, add some bonus backpressure, and I can only imagine how much worse it’s going to get.

Looks like the waiting game is the only option at this point - thanks, all.

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My concern with removing the LCI is that I run a dot on this pistol, and even with the indicator in place, it gets dirty quickly. Remove that plug, add some bonus backpressure, and I can only imagine how much worse it’s going to get.

View Quote

You won’t see a measurable difference.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I use the standard Sig barrel in my M18 and removed the LCI. Got tired of chasing or waiting for the LCI cut barrel.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I use the standard Sig barrel in my M18 and removed the LCI. Got tired of chasing or waiting for the LCI cut barrel.

You guys aren’t seeing a big increase in blowback crap on your optics? Interesting, and not what I expected - maybe I need to rethink removing the LCI and going with regular barrel after all.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You guys aren’t seeing a big increase in blowback crap on your optics? Interesting, and not what I expected - maybe I need to rethink removing the LCI and going with regular barrel after all.

Thanks!

View Quote

I haven't noticed a difference in crap between when the LCI was installed vs after threaded barrel/LCI removal.  The Romeo1 Pro still gets crap on it either way, the LCI never stopped it.  After say a pre COVID 500/1000 rd range day I'm not gonna lie it was dirty, but either way the dot still works, just blurred/occluded, I really don't GAF.  Not even worth the bother to me to worry about it getting dirty.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will be fine. I have a suppressed M18 with the LCI removed. The plate I bought from Bobro did not have the LCI cutout so I just ditched the LCI. I get a little bit of soot on the bottom front of my RMR but not much on the glass and even after 1,000 rounds it really isn’t noticeable.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I haven't noticed a difference in crap between when the LCI was installed vs after threaded barrel/LCI removal.  The Romeo1 Pro still gets crap on it either way, the LCI never stopped it.  After say a pre COVID 500/1000 rd range day I'm not gonna lie it was dirty, but either way the dot still works, just blurred/occluded, I really don't GAF.  Not even worth the bother to me to worry about it getting dirty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

This.

I have a non LCI plate paired with a non-LCI barrel on an M18 to try to “seal” that area up and stuff still finds away out. I’ve tried every configuration. I wish the LCI didn’t exist. At any rate, OP will see stuff but the optic will still function.

I keep a couple of wipes in my pocket to clean the lens. 200 count is only around $15. Canned air helps too.

https://www.amazon.com/Zeiss-Lens-Cleaning-Wipes-200ct/dp/B0191YLW34
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:40:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Bar-Sto makes a M17 barrel with LCI notch and threading of your choice

https://shop.springerprecision.com/p320-m17-match-grade-barrel-9mm/

Not cheap, but that’s your option
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Just cut a notch in the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#14]
The new Romeo 2 sight has a blast shield built in.  Might be worth waiting for.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Just a quick bump for anyone looking - Rainier just got some GGP threaded barrels in:

https://www.rainierarms.com/grey-ghost-precision-p320-full-size-barrel-black-nitride/

They had 2 left as of this post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top