Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2022 4:19:50 PM EDT
Long story short, my main training pistol is a P229 Legion with an X300U, but I’ve been wanting to get into the red dot game. Someone offered me their 320 X Compact with a Romeo 1 Pro, WC grip and TLR7A. Looks like a good gun be it’s even shorter than a G19 it seems.

Thoughts on this being a main pistol?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it should be fine. If it ends up being too short for your liking, you could always get a threaded barrel and put a compensator on it.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
if the grip is too short, get some tactical Development floor plates, they extend the grip and you have 17 round magazines.

ETA I hate spellcheck
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Plus 1 on the Tactical Deleopment floorplates and 17 rd mags.

Many years ago I carried a 226 on the job.  I would have loved to have a 320 compact as my belt gun.  Itis not too small.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#4]
The X-Compact is a good size, being 15 + 1. The 17, 21 and 30 round magazines will work just fine, you’ll just have a small gap in the grip. As was mentioned previously, you can add a threaded barrel if you want a little more punch. I have the OEM Sig 4.3” threaded barrel on my X-Compact. It shoots very nicely with my Obsidian 9. With the red dot, it’s like using cheat codes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone. Good info. Here’s a couple pics of it. Since my X300 won’t fit it I guess I’ll have to sell it and pick up some extra mags.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everyone. Good info. Here’s a couple pics of it. Since my X300 won’t fit it I guess I’ll have to sell it and pick up some extra mags.
View Quote

Looking good! Hopefully the previous owner used the correct picatinny rail adapter on the TLR-7A. I had my TLR-7A set up for my X-Carry, and put it onto my X-Compact. Took it to the range and had the light fly off after about half a magazine. I didn’t realize it wasn’t engaging any of the slots. Swapped the adapter for the proper one when I got home, and now it works fine on both. Not my proudest moment.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Looking good! Hopefully the previous owner used the correct picatinny rail adapter on the TLR-7A. I had my TLR-7A set up for my X-Carry, and put it onto my X-Compact. Took it to the range and had the light fly off after about half a magazine. I didn’t realize it wasn’t engaging any of the slots. Swapped the adapter for the proper one when I got home, and now it works fine on both. Not my proudest moment.
View Quote

lol he did mention something similar but yes it has the correct adapter.

Anyone know the best place for 17/21rd mag deals right now?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have carried an X Carry for years, love it. They should be about the same size, I think the compact is a 15rdr.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#9]
If your x300 is the X300U-B (thumbscrew version), Tactical Development makes a rail key that will let the X300 work on Sig's X-Compact and X-Carry grip modules. I don't know if they'd work with the Wilson grip modules, or if they are even needed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If your x300 is the X300U-B (thumbscrew version), Tactical Development makes a rail key that will let the X300 work on Sig's X-Compact and X-Carry grip modules. I don't know if they'd work with the Wilson grip modules, or if they are even needed.
View Quote

Yea it’s the A. It won’t go back far enough. The TLR7A seems like a great light though, the the activation switch’s are so much better than the ones on the SF anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top