Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2017 10:21:55 AM EDT
I have an opportunity to pick up one of these at a good price.  What are folks thoughts on this HG?

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Can u shoot it first?  I'm trying to get rid of a kimber super carry custom hd.  I saw it at a local shop, lnib with less then 50rds through it for 1050.  I snagged it.  Pluses: it shoots very accurate, its damn good looking, and pretty ready out of the box.  Cons: it cannot get through a mag of 230ball, hst, gold dot without ftf.  I've tried the Kim pro mag, etm, 47d with new springs, a couple different nighthawk mags.  All in all 10 different quality mags, sometimes it's the 2nd rd from mag sometimes the 5th or6th or last rd.  I've tried new springs in mags, 18.5lb recoil spring, flgr, with and without shock buff.  The only thing that has helped was an egw raised mag mag release.  The problem with that is that mags won't seat, so I either need dedicated, modified mags or have the cutout in frontstrap milled. 020 higher.  I have 4 other 1911s, they all work with all my mags, I don't want modified mags that can only be used with this kimber.  I am going to trade this for a DW guardian 38s, I want a 38super and this kimber will always be sketchy in my mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top