Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2022 11:20:21 AM EDT
Just got a 92X and put about 500 rounds through it, wonderful shooter but the sights are slightly off.

Easy fix right? I have a sight pusher so I will just scoot it over a mm and should be good to go.  

Yeah, right.  Pusher won't move it... Big ass hammer and vice won't move it, just deformed the brass punch.

Before I resort to a steel punch and mini sledge or cutting the sights out, does anyone have any hints?

There is no need for this crap, manufacturers should know better.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just got a 92X and put about 500 rounds through it, wonderful shooter but the sights are slightly off.

Easy fix right? I have a sight pusher so I will just scoot it over a mm and should be good to go.  

Yeah, right.  Pusher won't move it... Big ass hammer and vice won't move it, just deformed the brass punch.

Before I resort to a steel punch and mini sledge or cutting the sights out, does anyone have any hints?

There is no need for this crap, manufacturers should know better.
View Quote

Heat it up before try to move it
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I had to take mine to a gunsmith to push the rear sight a bit one way.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you sure it doesn’t have a tiny set screw in the top?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you sure it doesn't have a tiny set screw in the top?
View Quote
No set screw
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The front sight and slide are the same piece. As in made together.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a 92X, both are dovetailed.  Rear sight is the main issue.  Probably going to just buy a new set of sights and take it to a gunsmith.  This is just stupid.  Wouldn't even move with the vice, big hammer, and steel punch.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Might have a drop of locktight under it.  Try heat?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Gently heat the slide/sight base and put a couple drops of penetrating oil on while warm, the heat will draw in the oil and loosen any loctite under the base.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had to use sight pushers on all my Beretta's. Some are really really tight even with a pusher. All of my Berettas have gone on left to right fyi if you do decide to remove it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to be laughing at your expense.

I bought my first 92 series over 30 years ago.

This is a fraction of them.

Many brass punches will be sacrificed in the name of adjusting or replacing sights should you continue to buy 92/96 series guns.
Many a sight pusher will lie naked in bed next to a disappointed Beretta as he tells her that the inability to perform has never happened to them before.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
The MGW pusher will get it done.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Truth right here.
Wasted many brass punches, "universal sight pushers" and ruined many sights before I went with the MGW tool specific to the beretta, no problems anymore.

Imagine all that time and money that I could have saved....
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have the tool.  There are some special models from certain years that are still just too much to get started.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:04:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The front sight and slide are the same piece. As in made together.
View Quote
On the 92X this is not the case. The front sight is a separate piece from the slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top