Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2023 10:56:59 AM EDT
1.  It's frustrating combing through all the general, accessories and pistol specific subforums looking for info on pistol optics or lights & lasers.  Just an observation.

2.  I have a Viridian CL5 (green) laser / light combo on my G19.  Apparently holster makers never really cottoned to it, so holster choices are limited (especially with a MRDS and threaded barrel).  I have a Viridian branded Galco King Tux Deluxe kydex IWB that fits it but (if memory serves) it was a close out and I got it for a steal because the 'instant on/off" feature was missing (a magnet, I'm not even sure where it's supposed to go).

So I saw the Holosun P.ID Dual.  Apparently, it fits the TLR-1 footprint.  I have a TLR-1 and I'm really not seeing it.  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
There is already a section for lights and lasers. Scroll to the bottom of Discussions.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#2]
"Pistol optics" subforum would be cool as well as a "flashlights (handheld)" subforum in General forums by "blades" or whatever.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Pistol optics" subforum would be cool as well as a "flashlights (handheld)" subforum in General forums by "blades" or whatever.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I brought up the idea of a dedicated optics on pistol forum to Aimless.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There is already a section for lights and lasers. Scroll to the bottom of Discussions.
View Quote

@cmc201

You are going to have to help me out here.  Handgun Discussions is this subforum, under Handgun.  There's no "Discussions".  There's a "Lights and Lasers" under "Equipment" in the AR15 section, but it's carbine oriented.

And that's the only "Lights and Lasers" subforum on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@cmc201

You are going to have to help me out here.  Handgun Discussions is this subforum, under Handgun.  There's no "Discussions".  There's a "Lights and Lasers" under "Equipment" in the AR15 section, but it's carbine oriented.

And that's the only "Lights and Lasers" subforum on ARFCOM.
View Quote

Lights and Lasers should be under accessories but we really do need a Handgun Optics forum dedicated to just handgun optics.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lights and Lasers should be under accessories but we really do need a Handgun Optics forum dedicated to just handgun optics.
View Quote

Under "Accessories" you have to thread through all the holster and magazine posts - and there's holster posts and magazine posts on multiple different pistols..

Another solution would be to (as some forums do) have specific holster and magazine sections (sub-subforums?) under each pistol heading.

Lights and lasers tend to be non-pistol specific (with a few exceptions like guide rod lasers).  Holsters are very specific (you can like a certain manufacturer or style, but does it work with / is it available for a certain pistol?).

Magazines are too (except when it takes Glock magazines, etc.).
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Under "Accessories" you have to thread through all the holster and magazine posts - and there's holster posts and magazine posts on multiple different pistols..

Another solution would be to (as some forums do) have specific holster and magazine sections (sub-subforums?) under each pistol heading.

Lights and lasers tend to be non-pistol specific (with a few exceptions like guide rod lasers).  Holsters are very specific (you can like a certain manufacturer or style, but does it work with / is it available for a certain pistol?).

Magazines are too (except when it takes Glock magazines, etc.).
View Quote

Nothing will change unless we get some site staff on board.  Aimless did not seem very interested when I brought up just a Handgun Optics forum.  Just getting Optics out of Handgun Discussion and accessories would clean up a lot of the topics.  Lights and Lasers could be a forum of its own but I am not sure what kind of traffic it would draw.  The flip side of light and lasers is a lot of the topics center around holster choice/availability.  Optics though is a big topic with how much it is becoming very mainstream now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#9]
@goatboy

Would this be something you would be willing to implement?  Or some sort of restructuring or expansion of the subforums in Handguns?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to see that sort of sub forum as well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#12]
The handgun > accessories subforum gets clogged with the multiple items (discussion out different platform magazines, different platform holsters, optics, optic mounting, lights, lasers, grips for different platforms).

It's difficult to find any thing and posts get lost in the confusion.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like the Pistol Optics sub-forum is now live...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Optics/58/
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Awesome. Thanks to all that made this happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top