Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2020 9:47:04 PM EDT
As the title says. I’m thinking of selling my hk45c. It’s a sa/da version and I’m not sure I want to spend the time and $ to convert. I’ve really grown to love striker fired guns.

The problem is I’m sure at this point I won’t get much for it as HKs seemed to have dropped in price.
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my HK45C, and I'd never consider selling it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What version do you have?
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The MSRP for the P30 was lowered dramatically, but the HK45s are the same. It should bring 80% or more of new price, unless it’s beat to heck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 5:34:45 AM EDT
[#4]
IM me some pics of said firearm.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#5]
you'll be sorry

Spend some time to master the DA/SA thing and you'll never look back

Of course you could carry it C&L if ya want to get around the DA/SA issue
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Cocked and locked baby!
That's how I carry my HK45c.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my VP9...
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Sold mine after the initial big drop in price and lost quite a bit of money. I did miss it for a bit, but I personally got over it when I realized I had much more confidence in other guns in the metrics I care about (I only buy guns that I'll carry now so fast & accurate).
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I appreciate all the responses. I’m really not sure what I want to do. On the one hand it’s my only .45. On the other hand I don’t carry it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I would convert it to LEM and try that. It makes it very similar to a striker and is only a hundred bucks/not hard to do. You would be crazy to sell it, especially at a loss IMO.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I had one, sold it.

It was accurate, reliable, and fairly concealable. The problem wasn't any of that, it was the size relative to its capacity. 8 rounds of .45 ACP is nothing to sneeze at, but in a carry gun of that size, I want more rounds on tap. My USP9C and G19 carry way more rounds and are just as concealable if not more-so, and they are easier to shoot well too.

The HK45C/T is an extremely versatile pistol, but it wasnt for me. I opted to keep my USP45 as my big bore shooter, and stick with the USP9C for carry stuff.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the light LEM HK45C. Love it. My go to 45 when I decide to go 45.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one, sold it.

It was accurate, reliable, and fairly concealable. The problem wasn't any of that, it was the size relative to its capacity. 8 rounds of .45 ACP is nothing to sneeze at, but in a carry gun of that size, I want more rounds on tap. My USP9C and G19 carry way more rounds and are just as concealable if not more-so, and they are easier to shoot well too.

The HK45C/T is an extremely versatile pistol, but it wasnt for me. I opted to keep my USP45 as my big bore shooter, and stick with the USP9C for carry stuff.
View Quote
If I was willing to split field and CC roles I’d probably do similar. The 45CT can do both jobs reasonably well, but focus on optimizing either one and you’ll end up with a different gun. The USP with longer sight radius and higher capacity does field use better, a high cap 9mm of similar size is easier to shoot quickly and a lot more rounds.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I was willing to split field and CC roles I’d probably do similar. The 45CT can do both jobs reasonably well, but focus on optimizing either one and you’ll end up with a different gun. The USP with longer sight radius and higher capacity does field use better, a high cap 9mm of similar size is easier to shoot quickly and a lot more rounds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had one, sold it.

Pretty much.

I carry the USP 45 as a sidearm when at my ranch or hunting hogs, and under a jacket at church on Sundays. I carry the USP9C most of the rest of the time, when I need a little more concealment. Same manual of arms, trigger, etc make for a pretty consistent training regimen across the two guns. I keep a G43 and LCP for those times that max concealment/discretion is required.

I initially approached the HK45C/T as a 'do it all' solution, but quickly discovered that it was a decent 'do-anything' gun, but didnt excel in any category. I easily outshot it with the USP45, and the USP9C and G19 (that I had at the time) also bested it in terms of shootability and capacity.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Why don’t you carry? Or are you saying that you don’t carry your HK45c?

Otherwise either sell your HK45c to me (IM me) or keep it as one of the best carry pistols of ever.

I have so many HK pistols that I’m looking at selling a few to help feed my Nighthawk 1911 needs but HK45 and HK45c are keepers in my book. P
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I carry my G19 or my G26 usually. If I need something small my G42 works fine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
If you decide you don't want to keep it, I would try to trade it off.  You can usually keep some value that way.

Quoted:
I carry my G19 or my G26 usually. If I need something small my G42 works fine.
View Quote
I am sure the OP has heard of Glocks but like most of us that own an H&K, we don't want to take a step backwards.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Upgrade to USP TACTICAL 45.

Link Posted: 3/14/2020 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had one sold it
This is my last Hk
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I was just looking at them online. I am in the downriver area, if you decide to sell please send me a PM with your asking price.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would convert it to LEM and try that. It makes it very similar to a striker and is only a hundred bucks/not hard to do. You would be crazy to sell it, especially at a loss IMO.
View Quote
This. HK45c in lem is my carry.
I looooooooooooooove it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I had one, sold it.

View Quote
The elephants foot mag gets you to 10+1.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hes looking for a CARRY gun, Mr Shwartzeneggar.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had one, sold it.

Well right, but at that point its no longer nearly as carryable and I might as well strap on the USP45T
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Maybe we can work out a deal, trade or something. I have a new V7 LEM, not a fan of LEM.

Sent you a PM/E-Mail, I'm also here in Michigan!

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Sent you a text
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sent you a text
View Quote
Well damn!

Thanks for getting back with me. Yeah I'm kind of in the same boat you were but I got the V7 LEM and I don't really care for LEM, would rather have DA/SA. Wish I woulda caught you before you sold it!

SO HEY! If anyone wants to trade their DA/SA parts for my V7 LEM parts out of a new HK 45 CT, let me know! ;)
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I never cared for SA/DA unless the DA is very smooth and under 10lbs. I have a USP and a HK45 both variant 1. I keep them cocked and locked.
I tried a sig 226 and the single action was amazing however the DA was dog shit so I ended up ditching the pistol.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#29]
If HK put the HK45 compact slide on a P30 frame, it would be my carry piece.

I tried a HK45 compact in a Milt Sparks VM2 and Raven Phantom holster over 1200 rounds running various drills. I even had it converted to variant 9 at one point and stippled the grip. Regardless, I could never get as good of a grip on the gun drawing from a holster and shooting consecutive shots running drills as I could with a Glock 19 or 1911 commander. The P30’s grip is far better than the HK 45 compact, and fixes my gripes other than the trigger. I gray gunned the trigger and I still prefer my Glocks when shooting fast.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top