Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2018 3:18:35 AM EDT
The grip angle is a concern for me. Like the Glock?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have only held one in the lgs, but feels better than a glock to me.  The trigger is easily better.  These are on my radar too.  Waiting to see how the optic ready versions work out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:32:07 AM EDT
[#2]
When exactly is the new model hitting the market?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 4:20:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Which new model? The Full Size, "F" model is in limited release right now, the Subcompact "S" model is due any minute, and the Semi Compact "SC" isn't rumored anywhere in the US yet, just Europe. The new generation if you will, is already here, with some corrective action for things people complained about with the first editions. The only difference with the new F, S, C, and SC is optics ready or not and of course the new magazine release, which is reversible, not ambi, and the older mags don't interchange. If you want an "F", start hunting - they're out there. The new "C", "S" or "SC" not quite yet, but VERY soon.
Funny thing is my first gen FDE, (so first gen it came without night sights), still going strong and flawless, and my White Nitride is my EDC.

Unfortunately both the P-10C WHite Nitride and my BREN 805 rifle are gone from this catalogue.

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Prepper's has em for $365+sh
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Ew!

The P10C might be a record for me on how quickly I dumped a gun. Didn't like anything about it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#6]
P10c is my daily carry. I got one of the first ones sold in the US straight from KC. Switched from a 1911 and didnt look back. I tried to Glock MOS, but didnt like the ergos of the 19 at all.

P10c is comfortable (especially with rubber Talon Grips), conceals well, has a good stock trigger for a striker-fired, and is accurate.

Go find a place you can rent one and shoot it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]
The P10C grip doesn’t remind me of being anything like a Glock grip feel. The CZ side panels are rounded and there is no pronounced hump on the back strap like the Glock.  So they don’t point the same. I’ve got a talon grip on my P10C also and love it.

I was first issued a Glock in 1994 and have had multiple versions ever since. The CZ slide sitting low on the web of your hand is probably the only similarity I can think of. Maybe the grip texture on the side panels is a similar design to the Gen 4. I currently have a 19X and a FDE P10C. I definitely prefer the CZ. David
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't had a chance to shoot a 10C but the one's I've handled have a nice trigger.

I'll definitely be picking up a 10F to go with my P-09 since they use the same same magazine, which can also be used in my P-07
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Triggers nice, fit and finish wasn't nearly as good as my P07 or my SP01 was.

I dumped mine before even shooting it because mine had a crazy stiff mag release and mine actually locked up on me a few times while just field stripping it.

I sold it before taking it out so I didn't lose any money.

I would wait until either gen 2 or the mag prices are more reasonable. It does nothing better than my M&P's, which are awesome in reliability.

Fun fact: It fit in my VP9 safariland 6xxx series with light holster.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I really like the way the p10 feels and shoots but i have dumped three of them due to quality issues.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like the way the p10 feels and shoots but i have dumped three of them due to quality issues.
View Quote
I had such high hopes for the P10C as a possible Glock killer.

The trigger was really nice, but mine was a lemon, and I sold it.

Sad...
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
i have dumped three of them due to quality issues.
View Quote
That seems to be the consensus.  Enough of one for me to have no interest anyways.  What a shame.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I have shot one of my buddies pretty extensively.  We trade pistols a lot when we go to the range.  The mag release is a bit hard to push but other than that the pistol is great.  He did not like the texture on the back strap it chewed up his lotion hands but I liked it. I took some 600 grit sand paper to it for him to tame it back a bit.

If I were to get a P10 I want a full size not a compact.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The grip angle is a concern for me. Like the Glock?
View Quote
No it's not.  Noticeably better IMO.

No QC issues with mine, and its was in the first batch that made it into the US.  Have not sent it back for any upgrades that have been reported.

Mine has run 110% in practical shooting matches with the standard barrel and also with the suppressor barrel.

The mag and slide releases have gotten much better.

Mine has replaced my G19 for carry.

You might get better feedback if you go to the CZ board here vs this general forum.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I would wait until either gen 2 or the mag prices are more reasonable. It does nothing better than my M&P's, which are awesome in reliability.
View Quote
You waited a while - the new ones coming out right now could be called Gen 3. Take another look, mag release has been changed to a swappable release, not ambi, and the upgrades from the "2"  are, of course, incorporated, non rotating striker, etc.. I have had no issues with my very early 1st gen P-10C FDE with several thousand rounds through it so far. The White Nitride is my EDC.
I forgot to answer OP about the ergos - to ME, the ergos are far superior to the Glock anything. That is for me. The grip texture is VERY aggressive - your hand could be dripping in oil, sweat, blood and lube and it won't come out under recoil.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I too dumped mine. It was a first gen. My eyes are still looking out for the "gen. 3s" though. That is how much I liked the pistol...before it locked up completely (slide release spring jumped out of its recess and into the slide rails during firing). I have paid close attention to all the design changes since. I hope the Gen. 3s do well. One thing I did not particularly like is the small exposed firing pin block spring. For those that do not know any better, it easily can get knocked out of place during cleaning and is so small that many may not realize it is out of place.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Found a few minutes to get out and shoot mine.

Wasn't trying to be accurate, just wanted to put a quick 200 rounds through it.

Extremely happy with my purchase so far.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I liked mine OK but they needed some refinement.  The mag release and slide release were way too stiff, the trigger safety seemed like it was fitted too tightly, and the trigger guard was narrow enough to annoy me like the Glock trigger guards do.   Accuracy was good as was reliability.

I may revisit the platform when the full size hits the market.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Good to hear they are constantly improving.  It is a complete new pistol from the ground up upgrades or revision of parts is to be expected.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#20]
$399 shipped with night sights for the FDE/Black model at CDNN now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought about replacing my P09 with a P10f as my first line/war belt pistol, but I really like having the DA/SA. Call me weird, but I like the striker fired P10c for CCW, and prefer the DASA for "duty" type use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top