Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2023 7:37:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RONIN45]
Thinking about picking up a 9mm Colt Defender, anyone have any input/ info on it? Thanks in advance

I’m my dumb ass posted this question in the wrong section. Any chance on mods moving to it the Colt section.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The .45 Defenders are nice little shortie 1911's. Replace mag springs and recoil springs early and they are very reliable. I do recoil springs between 500-750 rounds. I ONLY use Colt factory mags, don't use metal follower mags. I'd expect the 9mm to be about the same.

They carry very nicely, I use a Jit Slide holster.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi,

I have a Colt New Agent in 9MM.  i, too, use a JIT slide holster and think it is a great little 1911.  It has a trench sight and I carry in summer with shorts and a "T".
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have a Defender in 45 and it was great. I got rid of it when I got stupid and bored. Now I have a Dan Wesson Valkyrie in 45 that is actually better than the Defender was.  I think that a Defender or a Dan Wesson or a Springfield in 9mm would be excellent.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses.  I just found out that a LGS has a
Dan Wesson ECO in 9mm. My buddy called me and said he just took it in. Used in as new shape.
Should be able to get there this weekend and pick it up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 1:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you get the Dan Wesson?
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry for the delayed response. Yea I did. As new I. Box with an extra set of grips.
When I went to pick it up I looked at a few other 1911s he had available. Colt stainless Defender LW ,45 like new for $725
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top