Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2020 6:30:23 PM EDT
1) Have at least 5 lifter springs as spares at all times. I had 3...now I have none
2) Have a powerful magnet handy, preferably a long bar; it makes sweeping the floor for launched lifter springs easier
3) The main spring retaining pin works as a slave pin, but only if both the sear cage and the slave pin actually fit...sometimes, they don't, and you really want to find this out before you're in the middle of removing the sear cage and trying to punch in the slave pin...
4) If the slave pin doesn't fit right, it can bend that lifter spring! ...yeah, see #1, then #2

On the upside, I'm really, really good at dis- and re-assembling decocker sear cages now
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
You know, I'll take that complexity over possibly losing my transfer bar spring during a mag change. That said, I know your pain. First time I had to watch a video to put a gun back together. v_v
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top