Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/24/2022 9:18:27 AM EDT
Seems I am looking for a rare bird, as these seem the be almost impossible to find.
USP 9mm FULLSIZE with a stainless steel slide.
Seems I can find the compact ss 9mm's, as well as the 40's and 45's, but the fullsize 9mm ss seem to be quite scarce.

From what I can find, the SS slides were discontinued sometime around 1999. I'm guessing they had much lower production numbers on them too.

I found a fullsize ss 40 cal at a local store a few months ago, but passed as I have no want or desire for a 40. I found a fullsize ss 45 at another local store, but I already have three 45's, and they wanted $1200 for it, so I passed.
However I have yet to see 1 ss 9mm fullsize for sale anywhere online (or local) in the past few months that I have been searching.

The Match models are probably the most rare USP variant, but it would seem the ss 9mm fullsize is a close 2nd.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah I think i'm more or less done with USPs but I do have a weakness for the 9mm ones.
I don't think I've ever seen a stainless of any caliber in the wild but I'd be awfully tempted to snap it up if i did.

9mm in general seems hard to find. Most USPs I see around here are in 40 followed by 45
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Most people that have the stainless-shiny/satin slide models, don't sell them as they are not as common as the standard black slide USP counterparts. Of course that means they are harder to find and the premiums they want for them when they do sell them, to me, is insane. Of course, the heart wants what it wants and if you are willing to pay the price, it is for you to decide. I love the full size USP models as they are amazing shooters. The USP I had was much nicer to me than the P30 models out now in many ways. The trigger pull was better, recoil-even though it is only a 9mm-was still lessened comparatively and the grip was nicer,although I love what HK did for the P30 and VP9 grip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 2:21:48 AM EDT
[#3]
nothing to add other than I regret selling my USPc with stainless slide in 9mm......my first pistol I ever bought.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Agreed. I sold my SS USP9F to put me over the top to buy an engagement ring for my now ex-wife.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
With lots of looking, I finally found one. All I gotta say is they are very hard to find and expensive if you do find one.
It is a KH date code (1997). Came with the original box and manual and 6 mags (three 10 round and three 15 round).
It has a very low round counts and I bought it from the original owner who bought it new.

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Good on you. I'm also looking for one. Nice find.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top