Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2019 9:30:43 PM EDT
I’ve tried four makes of ankle holsters for three makes of handguns, and this is by far the best combination:

A S&W Airlite J-frame in a Kramer horsehide ankle holster.

The gun and the holster are both expensive, but they are so worth it.

The Kramer holster is so comfortable that I forget it’s on. And after a year of almost daily wear, it still looks almost new. I wear it at about "Two O'clock" in the inside of my "support" leg.

The S&W 342 only weighs 10.8 ounces - less than 13 ounces loaded. Weight counts on your ankle. Anything much heavier makes your leg feel like a pendulum.

Nothing shootable is easier to conceal, nothing is lighter, nothing is more snag-proof, nothing is more forgiving of an imperfect grip, nothing has a safer trigger, nothing is easier to retain while grappling. All that contributes to a fast draw.

And the draw can be consistently under two seconds. You don’t have to kneel, you don’t have to take your eyes off your target. Just lift your leg, lift your pants leg, and draw. There is no balance issue if it’s done at normal speed. if you have balance good enough to take a normal step, you have balance good enough to draw by lifting your leg.

Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Definitely a good option. I prefer the S&W 332  chambered in .32 H&R magnum. It’s lighter (10.8oz), more shootable, and holds one more round. I carry Buffalo Bore .32 long hard cast wadcutters in mine. I carry mine in a Renegade ankle holster. I couldn’t ask for anything more in a back-up ankle gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The .32 H&R Magnum is a better caliber than .38 Special ballistically, but it's expensive and difficult to find. I practice a fair amount with my snubbies and go through a couple cases of .38 per year.

I carry Federal 130 grn "HST JHP Personal Defense Micro" in Airweight revolvers.

In the even lighter Airlites, that's a bit too much recoil, so I carry wadcutters. Precision One, Winchester Super Match, Remington Target, Federal Gold Medal and Magtech have decent velocities out of a snubnose.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:  The S&W 342 only weighs 10.8 ounces - less than 13 ounces loaded. Weight counts on your ankle. Anything much heavier makes your leg feel like a pendulum.

Nothing shootable is easier to conceal, nothing is lighter, nothing is more snag-proof, nothing is more forgiving of an imperfect grip, nothing has a safer trigger, nothing is easier to retain while grappling.
View Quote

6.6 oz, bro.  Isn't this the 2nd time I've called you on your math?
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.keltecweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/P-32-right_DSC2898-1.jpg

6.6 oz, bro.  Isn't this the 2nd time I've called you on your math?
View Quote

Reading comprehension, bro.

"Nothing shootable is easier to conceal, nothing is lighter, nothing is more snag-proof, nothing is more forgiving of an imperfect grip, nothing has a safer trigger, nothing is easier to retain while grappling."

The NAA .22 short revolver is even tinier and lighter than your Keltec .32. It is not a practical and effective defensive tool either.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  Reading comprehension, bro.

"Nothing shootable is easier to conceal, nothing is lighter, nothing is more snag-proof, nothing is more forgiving of an imperfect grip, nothing has a safer trigger, nothing is easier to retain while grappling."

The NAA .22 short revolver is even tinier and lighter than your Keltec .32. It is not a practical and effective defensive tool either.
View Quote

Put your caveats in your OP, bro.

You don't like my 12" of penetration?  Fine, let's try .380 hollowpoints that penetrate @ least 12" & expand reliably:

Oh, wait!  You're using WADCUTTERS!  LOL.

We're still @ 7.7 oz, and have two more shots than your .38.

I get you love your revolver, and revolvers still have a place in purses and winter coat pockets, but quit making up advantages they don't have.  Your airweight revolver isn't the lightest suitable defensive handgun.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Put your caveats in your OP, bro...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Reading comprehension, bro.

Put your caveats in your OP, bro...

Maybe read it again.

I even cut-and-pasted it and enlarged it and highlighted it in red for you in the post above, bro.

Quoted:
... Your airweight revolver isn't the lightest suitable defensive handgun.

I don't think Airweights are, but I do think Airlites are.

But you draw your line wherever you like.

Take a weekend course at Thunder Ranch or the Sig Academy with your Keltec .32 and then we can have a more intelligent dialog about its suitability.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:  Maybe read it again.

I even cut-and-pasted it and enlarged it and highlighted it in red for you, bro.

I don't think Airweights are, but I do think Airlites are.

But you draw your line wherever you like.

Take a weekend course at Thunder Ranch or the Sig Academy with your Keltec .32 and then we can have a more intelligent dialog about its suitability.
View Quote

You paying?  Sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top