Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2019 3:13:40 AM EDT
All of the full size and the compact SR series striker fired guns are back on their website.

Apparently they're now a distributor exclusive through Sports South.

I'm not sure if they're making new pistols or if this is old inventory they're trying to get rid of.

Still though I just might have to buy a full size SR9 to go with my PC Carbine

link
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
But the links on that page mostly land on "page not found".   My guess it's either a website content management error, or NOS being sold for a limited time.

I bought a Ruger PCC to go with my full size SR9.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I interested in a SR45.

Try this.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Sportsmans Warehouse has Ruger SR9, SR9c, SR40 & SR45 for $199 right now, stainless or black.

Clearance page with $199 Ruger SR's

Free ship to store or they will also ship to other FFL's.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sportsmans Warehouse has Ruger SR9, SR9c, SR40 & SR45 for $199 right now, stainless or black.

Clearance page with $199 Ruger SR's

Free ship to store or they will also ship to other FFL's.
View Quote
Says $249.99 for me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#5]
When I posted the link all the SR's were $199.

There AD says $50 off regular price Ruger handguns over $200 til Dec 16. $249 is a sale price so maybe it was a glitch that it worked?
Link Posted: 12/13/2019 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/1z3N79j/IMG-1641.jpg

There AD says $50 off regular price Ruger handguns over $200 til Dec 16. $249 is a sale price so maybe it was a glitch that it worked?
View Quote
I guess they only had a few at $199.   They sold those in 15 minutes.   Then bumped the price up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I guess they only had a few at $199.   They sold those in 15 minutes.   Then bumped the price up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/1z3N79j/IMG-1641.jpg

Aw Hell, I probably shouldn’t have, but I ordered one anyway.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I got one of the Stainless/black sr45s.
Picked it up today.
Other than the trigger, this thing seems solid.

Looking forward to testing this beside the M&P 45.
Already 86ed the mag safety.

Anyone have any kool tricks for these?

Link Posted: 12/19/2019 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#9]
You could probably find the American Pistol at a similar price.  They were $299 on CDNN last month
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Sportsmans Warehouse has SR guns in all flavors for $249.99 now.  Smoking deal.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got one of the Stainless/black sr45s.
Picked it up today.
Other than the trigger, this thing seems solid.

Looking forward to testing this beside the M&P 45.
Already 86ed the mag safety.

Anyone have any kool tricks for these?

View Quote
What was the issue with the trigger?
Was there any trigger improvement with the removal of the magazine safety?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 1:17:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What was the issue with the trigger?
Was there any trigger improvement with the removal of the magazine safety?
View Quote
Not that I could perceive.
Just one more doohicky that is easy to remove and doesn't need to be there.
Plus I might want to cook one off with out the magazine in place.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You could probably find the American Pistol at a similar price.  They were $299 on CDNN last month
View Quote
SR > American
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I know this is a day later but just shot my RAP 9mm
Absolutley love this pistol shoots great trigger is
like a standard Glock trigger.  Picked it up for about
$345.00 I think.  I have small hands but with backstraps
it fits like a glove for sure.  Heavier than a Glock 19
but about the same size.  Love Glocks and Glocks are
great.  But this is a very good gun that is about $150.00
cheaper.  Just my 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to Sportsman's Warehouse to do the transaction and start the waiting period. ()

I noticed that the trigger is gritty with considerable overtravel.  I suppose years of 1911s and an Apex M&P spoiled me.   I’ve heard that it smooths out with a 200-250 cycle break in and a cleaning of the striker channel.   Does anyone have experience to that affect?
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#16]
they are nearly identical to a Glock trigger setup.  Remove the mag disconnect safety and do the $.25 trigger job and it should be good results.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Went to Sportsman's Warehouse to do the transaction and start the waiting period. ()

I noticed that the trigger is gritty with considerable overtravel.  I suppose years of 1911s and an Apex M&P spoiled me.   I’ve heard that it smooths out with a 200-250 cycle break in and a cleaning of the striker channel.   Does anyone have experience to that affect?
View Quote
Yes.  I just ordered another SR9c so I have a backup.  I found the trigger got nice after about 4-500 rounds, but I'm guessing that, like stock Glock triggers, it's pistol specific as to just how much it improves.

I removed the magazine disconnect, and never shot it (or even squeezed the trigger) with it installed, so I don't know how much that improves it in terms of grit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Got it home tonight and the trigger is already much smoother.  Better than my pre-Apex M&P (G1) in fact.  That overtravel still feels funky however. Maybe I’ll get used to it when shooting, but I understand there are aftermarket solutions.

The laser engraving on this example looks cheaply done.  Kind of like a wood burning pencil. Never mind, it was just residue from the fill in and wiped off.

It’s an excellent buy at $250 though if it’s reliable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It’s an excellent buy at $250 though if it’s reliable.
View Quote
Good luck.  My 9e and SR9c have both been reliable with a few different hollow points (HST is what I carry) and all sorts of assorted range fodder.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I paid $379 for mine years ago when they came out. For $249, you can't go wrong. How many mags do they come with?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think I paid $379 for mine years ago when they came out. For $249, you can't go wrong. How many mags do they come with?
View Quote
Standard compliment of two mags.  I managed to find a dealer clearing out SR9 magazines so I got five more for a good price too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought a backup SR9c since I shoot mine better than my G26.  The new one has been flawless just like the old one, and really seems to like 124g HST.

I have a 9e and some mags, and might pick up a full sized SR9 to make that a pair.  At $250 dollars, it's light years ahead of it's price point competition.

I removed the magazine disconnect, and have come to actually like the LCI, especially when taking new shooters out.

You can get a two pack of 17 round mags at Grab-A-Gun for $35.

2-pack SR9 mags
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I got my wife an sr9c for Christmas. Jumped on the $199.00 deal, and finally got to the range today. She loves it, and I am blown away by how soft shooting this little pistol is. Anyone thinking about getting one of these, I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Just picked up a SR45.  Trigger sucked at first but after cleaning the stricker channel and putting 150 rounds it is breaking in pretty smooth.  Only gripe is that the sights were way off in the slide right out of the box.  But 5 mins with a punch/hammer and it was good to go.  Also took out the mag safety.

Pretty impressed for the money.  Reliable so far and accuracy is pretty good as well.  Not alot of aftermarket support but I wanted something different from a glock, and again for the money its a very good deal.

Wanna pick up few more mags, cheapest I have found is $28 on grabagun.  Anyone got them cheaper?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just picked up a SR45.  Trigger sucked at first but after cleaning the stricker channel and putting 150 rounds it is breaking in pretty smooth.  Only gripe is that the sights were way off in the slide right out of the box.  But 5 mins with a punch/hammer and it was good to go.  Also took out the mag safety.

Pretty impressed for the money.  Reliable so far and accuracy is pretty good as well.  Not alot of aftermarket support but I wanted something different from a glock, and again for the money its a very good deal.

Wanna pick up few more mags, cheapest I have found is $28 on grabagun.  Anyone got them cheaper?
View Quote
There’s some sellers on GB that have them cheaper, but you need to buy them in lots which isn’t so bad.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There’s some sellers on GB that have them cheaper, but you need to buy them in lots which isn’t so bad.  
View Quote
Looked around but couldnt find a better deal than grabagun.  But wow they ship slow af.  Took a week plus to actually ship it and then "standard shipping 3-5 days" is actually gonna be 8 days after they actually shipped it before I get it according to the tracking.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Now they just need to offer an aluminum frame officer size .45acp 1911.  They offer the 9mm version with a lightweight aluminum frame but saddle the .45 with a steel frame.  Makes no sense at all.  Officer size 1911's are perfect for concealed carry so why offer a lightweight 9mm model and a heavy .45 acp model?  Those extra 4 ounces make a big difference on a small frame 1911.  Mind boggling.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 9:55:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Installed Trijicon HDs on my SR9.  
Rear sight required fitting, which took about an hour of trial and error with a stone.

Curiously, the set screw was not included.  It doesn’t really need one since it’s fitted, but that hole looks annoying so I got one at Ace Hardware.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Just bought a stainless slide SR9c.  Wow.  I really like it.  Hard to miss, comfortable to shoot, nice to hold.

What surprised me because they have been so hard to find is that the envelop with the spent casing was dated 2016.

When demand is so high, how can a new but 4 year old pistol sit on the shelf.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#30]
SR9 is my EDC now. Shoots well, VERY comfy and feels great.  Does not feel quite as good as a 1911, but far better than a Glock, to me anyway.

On a side note, I also decided to try a Foxx holster with it.  So far so good, but what makes it stand out is that the clip spacers make it much easier to tuck in a shirt than other brands.   To be fair, it may be possible to add such spacers to other brands, providing the screws allow it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I wish there were some better priced mags available for them.  I've got 5 for my wife's SR40c but would like to get a few more but at ~$40 each it's a bit ridiculous.  SR22 mags aren't much better.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:00:23 AM EDT
[#32]
SR9 magazines on clearance at Midway for $24.24:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1366247443
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top