Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#1]
@BGENE, I saw your post in the Industry Forum and wanted to tell you that my mag release seems to have improved a bit with use.  I do lots of dry fire and mag change drills.  Yours might also improve with time, also.

With my stubby fingers I have to shift my grip slightly to eject the mag anyway.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@BGENE, I saw your post in the Industry Forum and wanted to tell you that my mag release seems to have improved a bit with use.  I do lots of dry fire and mag change drills.  Yours might also improve with time, also.

With my stubby fingers I have to shift my grip slightly to eject the mag anyway.
View Quote

@Clown_Gun

Thanks, going to spend more time to today working with it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the root cause of the stiff Compact DaggerTM magazine release and a work-around that cuts the force required to depress the magazine release approximately in half,
Compact DaggerTM Stiff Magazine Release
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's the root cause of the stiff Compact DaggerTM magazine release and a work-around that cuts the force required to depress the magazine release approximately in half,
Compact DaggerTM Stiff Magazine Release
View Quote

@wickedbeernut

Thank you for the post and link. PSA should not be sending these out with this issue. I literally have to turn the pistol sideways and push with all my finger/thumb power to get it to release, can't believe this is acceptable from a QC standpoint. Yesterday, after about 5 presses, I switched to leather gloves to do a few more, that is how bad it feels.

I am going to keep doing a few more before I resort to the hack, thanks again!

ETA

Wonder if the Glock Magazine Release Gen 1 - 3 is a drop in match, would like to have a test part before I start bubba-ing my factory part, unless PSA wants to send me one. I did not find the part on the PSA website.

@Jman_JJE

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/magazine-release-parts/magazine-releases/magazine-release-prod22997.aspx
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: Thank you for the post and link.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
You're welcome.

PSA should not be sending these out with this issue.
Well, certainly, the Compact DaggerTM frame needs to be redesigned as quickly as possible (assuming this process hasn't already begun).

I literally have to turn the pistol sideways and push with all my finger/thumb power to get it to release, can't believe this is acceptable from a QC standpoint. Yesterday, after about 5 presses, I switched to leather gloves to do a few more, that is how bad it feels.

ETA

Wonder if the Glock Magazine Release Gen 1 - 3 is a drop in match, would like to have a test part before I start bubba-ing my factory part, unless PSA wants to send me one. I did not find the part on the PSA website.
$1.99 ...
PSA DAGGER MAGAZINE CATCH - BLACK
Of course, shipping is $8.    You might want to take the opportunity to stock up on other Compact DaggerTM spare parts.  I have three complete sets.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
ETA:  I think it would be appropriate for PSA to make a new version of the magazine release (with the hack already incorporated) available for free to the 50,000 owners of Compact DaggerTM frames with the design issue.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You're welcome.

Well, certainly, the Compact DaggerTM frame needs to be redesigned as quickly as possible (assuming this process hasn't already begun).

$1.99 ...
Of course, shipping is $8.    You might want to take the opportunity to stock up on other Compact DaggerTM spare parts.  I have three complete sets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You're welcome.

PSA should not be sending these out with this issue.

I literally have to turn the pistol sideways and push with all my finger/thumb power to get it to release, can't believe this is acceptable from a QC standpoint. Yesterday, after about 5 presses, I switched to leather gloves to do a few more, that is how bad it feels.

ETA

$1.99 ...

Thanks, I am always ordering something I will throw this in the cart unless I hear back from them and they send me one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Picked up my new "American Glock" from the FFL yesterday.  I still need to order a couple more mags.

https://i.imgur.com/zpgt4gql.jpg
View Quote

very nice, did the dagger come with the three magazines? Im looking at the very same setup, I have it saved on my wishlist.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted: very nice, did the dagger come with the three magazines? Im looking at the very same setup, I have it saved on my wishlist.
View Quote
One Magpul PMAG GL9 magazine.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: very nice, did the dagger come with the three magazines? Im looking at the very same setup, I have it saved on my wishlist.

+1
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a pair of dagger frames that have dropped magazines. How is it being handled? Is there an updated locking block?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted: I have a pair of dagger frames that have dropped magazines. How is it being handled? Is there an updated locking block?
View Quote
PSA is mailing out a replacement locking block.  However, the replacement locking block doesn't always resolve the issue.  Refer to,
Magazine Falls Out
and,
Locking Block Defect
Which barrel are you running?

E-mail Jamin McCallum.  I can provide you with contact information if you don't have it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted: Just so everyone is clear, @wickedbeernut is not associated with PSA in any way. Please do not send him your info, like order numbers etc. He is not in contact with any PSA employee and cannot help anyone get taken care of by passing your information along. Please contact myself, @jman_jje or customer service and we will take care of our customers.
View Quote
And just so everyone is clear, I've never asked anyone for their order number or any other personal information.  I've never suggested that I was in contact with a PSA employee.

I asked @GaryM which barrel he was running.  We know that one Compact DaggerTM barrel and aftermarket barrels from Swenson, CMC, Grey Ghost Precision, Rival Arms, and Zaffari Precision have been linked to the Magazine Falls Out Issue.  I didn't offer to pass @GaryM's information along to PSA.  In the past, Jamin (@jman_jje) has offered to handle barrel-related issues.  I offered to provide @GaryM with Jamin's contact information if he didn't have it.  That's it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:00:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Got my Dagger frame back from PSA for repair of the magazine drop out issue.  There is definitely a gap between the feed ramp and the mag lip now and I feel the issue is likely solved at this point.  Just need a range trip to confirm, but between work, the weather and finances, it'll be a while until I can get out.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#17]
FDE OR Threaded blems for $299 at PSA if anyone is interested, cross posted in Industry/PSA

PSA
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top