Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
We just had to do an update to our one M17 in the arms room this week. Interdasting.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We just had to do an update to our one M17 in the arms room this week. Interdasting.
View Quote
I started creeping other units on the ESR that have got them and M18s (especially those high use schoolhouse guns) to see what was breaking on the first fielded. Do you know the serial number range on your gun? <1000? MHS000500?

This is the most common description, if I remember I'll inquire with the civilians to see what it means for the T/I. (Note this is on m17s and 18s)
CODE "B" TURN-IN / GEN 2

My rolling list of parts I've seen come in the description so far:
LEVER, MANUAL SAFETY,LEFT

REPLACE REAR SIGHT, LCI ASSEMBLY, SCREW
REPLACE REAR SIGHT, LCI  CHAMBER,LOADED INDICATOR
REPLACE REAR SIGHT, LCI  REAR,SIGHT,PLATE ASSEMBLY
REPLACE REAR SIGHT, LCI  RETAINER,GUN COMPONENT

REPLACE EXT. CART., RET  CHAMBER,LOADED INDICATOR

REPLACE MULTIPLE PARTS  SEAR
REPLACE MULTIPLE PARTS  PIN,COILED SPRING
REPLACE MULTIPLE PARTS  SAFETY,SMALL ARMS

SIGHT SCREW  RETAINER,GUN COMPONENT
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
This story is a few months old, but I guess I’m a little surprised to see this issue still coming up. I’m strongly against the terrible Blackhawk holster that the detective in this story was using, but at the same time, I don’t see how the trigger could have been pulled while in the holster, if that’s how she was carrying it in her bag. Her pistol was the updated version, and her department concluded that it was an “uncommanded discharge.” The incident occurred in December 2020.

Lawsuit: Semi-automatic police service gun goes off by itself, nearly killing detective
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
army should have went with m&p 2.0 fde with thumb safety, they chose wrong due to political and economic reasons.

now m&p 2.0 is definitely moving towards civilian defense market with their newest guns all having design features that have been suggested by their civilian consumers.

i hope some other branch of military has enough sense to get the m&p 2.0 fde with thumb safety as their standard side arm

i don't feel safe with the sig 320 around me. if i see it at the range, i leave. it's a liability to all around it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
army should have went with m&p 2.0 fde with thumb safety, they chose wrong due to political and economic reasons.

now m&p 2.0 is definitely moving towards civilian defense market with their newest guns all having design features that have been suggested by their civilian consumers.

i hope some other branch of military has enough sense to get the m&p 2.0 fde with thumb safety as their standard side arm

i don't feel safe with the sig 320 around me. if i see it at the range, i leave. it's a liability to all around it.
View Quote
They didn't choose the Smith & Wesson entry because it didn't pass the testing. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

You are a moron…..
Cp
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 1:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top