Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2020 8:25:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator]
Lots of small upgrades make for a very attractive package:

1. Nitride (Tenifer) finish slide
2. Visible 'port' replaces top of slide loaded chamber indicator
3. Front slide serrations
4. Upgraded trigger (same as G3)
5. Steel sights (Glock compatible rear and front)
6. Indentation on mag well and mag base plate
7. Three magazines vs. two

I predict the G3C will be a stellar seller. I wonder if the G2S will be given the same upgrades?

ETA: MSRP is $30 more than the G2C. Considering the mags retail for around $25-30+ it's attractive.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#1]

KYGUNCO's retail price is $289 when they become available.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
pic?

does this mean we'll see a reduction in g2c pricing for a sellout?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chowser:
pic?

does this mean we'll see a reduction in g2c pricing for a sellout?
View Quote

https://taurusg3.com/taurus-g3c

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#4]
it really does seem like Taurus is trying to get their shit straight

I've not heard a bad thing about the G2c or G3.

Quite honestly the TH9 I bought on a whim hasn't been a bad pistol at all.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:42:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#5]
Grabagun has G3C on sale for $269

KyGunCo had them in stock yesterday for around $288

Remember that the G3C comes with three mags not two.

One of our own is a transfer-only FFL (CAE Transfers LLC). He reports that he has transferred more G2C/G2S this year than all other brands/models of handguns last year combined.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I am glad I held off on picking up the G2c. Probably will pick one of these up soon as I can and run a few hundred rounds thru it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ-Dave] [#7]
so, I'll start by saying I hadn't bought a new Taurus in 20 years. In the 1990's, I found their revolvers and the PT92 series to be top rate, then as most witnessed, the company went to crap.

I was reading and hearing enough good things about the G2c for long enough, that I figured I could "gamble" with a $219 expenditure. It was in May and with the panic buying, the prices were not the bargain basement ones of a few months back but still worth a shot.

Bought it, ran several hundred rounds through it, and was impressed as hell with it. Bought a kydex holster and flush mag baseplates, and declared it a "sweat all over it" carry piece for our 110 degree summer.

In the meantime during June, I see the G3 in OD and decide to give it a try even though I'm "over-flowing" with mid-size 9mm's. Another winner for Taurus. The trigger is excellent, and fixes the only fault of the G2c, which is the little 'hitch' in the trigger pull.

Then they announce the G3c.... call constantly.... stop to check counters constantly.... but seemed slow to hit the stores in this area. Then Monday a call was successful... a store I frequent has them for $259. Drive straight over and pick it up. Already made one trip to the desert with it and it is ANOTHER WINNER. I was shooting it side by side with a Glock 19 gen 5... and I can say it was shooting tighter groups from a casual rest than the 19!!
Certainly not saying I'll ever get rid of the 19 because of that, but it did surprise me, for sure.
I put the G2c up for sale and had it sold in about a half hour (panic buyers are going nuts around here still!). Bummer is, because of the slide profile being without those relief cuts, it won't fit into a well molded G2c holster... so I guess it will take a bit for G3c specific holsters to catch up.

The G3 series is a definite low cost winner for Taurus. with the cost of BOTH guns being less than the cost of one new Glock or similar popular model, no reason to not get a few!
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 8:52:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beemerman] [#8]
Trying hard to find one ,maybe 2 myself. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#9]
The G3C has attempted to correct all the complaints I've seen/heard (broken trigger safety, bad finish, delicate rear sight) about the G2C.  The G3C I shot seemed pretty nice, especially for the price.  If Taurus adapts all the new features to the fullsize G3 and G2S, I don't think you could beat them for value.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rightwing87:
The G3C has attempted to correct all the complaints I've seen/heard (broken trigger safety, bad finish, delicate rear sight) about the G2C.  The G3C I shot seemed pretty nice, especially for the price.  If Taurus adapts all the new features to the fullsize G3 and G2S, I don't think you could beat them for value.
View Quote

Does anyone know if the G2C can be refitted with a G3C/G3 Trigger?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:11:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oswald01] [#11]
One of the clever ideas incorporated in both the G2C and G3C is how the dust cover and rail is extended downwards a bit to provide the indexing point for the support hand thumb while wrapping the index finger around the trigger guard. It is a very refined bit of ergonomics. While many pistols have the squared off trigger guard, the index finger does not integrate nearly as well and wants to pull the gun sideways as compared to the Taurus where the thumb, when indexed, counteracts the index finger.

Of course a weapon light on the rail throws this off but for daylight that should be removed. I think Taurus is ahead of everyone else in regards to an ergonomic grip.

Link Posted: 8/31/2020 8:43:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwhitehorne] [#12]
So I picked up a G3C last week on an impulse. I got  a G2C a few years ago in a trade and didn't care for the trigger or the rear sight.  This G3C is exactly what I want in a carry gun. Not to thin like my P365 but smaller than my G19.  I don't know if I happen to get a good gun but my trigger is perfect for me with the light take up and a really clean break. I put 200 rounds of a mix of various brands of HP ammo without an issue. It shoots like a bigger gun for me.  The only thing I've done is get a flat floor plate for one of the mags.  The pinky extension is great but like the P365 I had it pokes into my seat of the car.   The flat floor plate it right under the middle of my pinky in my grip but make the pistol feel much flatter in the holster to me when seated.  I'll get an ameriglo front sight at some point.  Don't overlook the Taurus because it checks a lot of boxes. David
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Note, the G3C does not come with a magazine loader. A magazine loader is a necessity.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 3:07:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Donith] [#14]
I picked up a G3c today, $248 + tax from Sportsman’s Warehouse. With the current panic prices, I figured I could sell it at a profit if I didn’t like it.

I also have a couple of the G2 model that I like. The first one has a trigger that is very smooth while the second’s trigger was very gritty that I had to work over. It also had trigger safety issues until I managed to break it. No longer an issue.

Here’s my comparison between the two models.

Trigger
G2 (and I’m assuming G2c) has a long, light take up on the trigger, then a spongy but light break. Very little over travel.
G3c has the same light take up, but a crisp yet heavier break. Also has a more over travel.

Double strike pull feels heavier on the G3c and is a little gritty feeling. Not as smooth as my old G2 but not as bad as the newer one. I’m not going to worry over it, as I think it’s more of a feature for less experienced shooters. (If a round doesn’t go off, get it out of the gun. Don’t waste time pulling the trigger again on the hope that it may fire with a second strike.) Taurus should add a de-cocker on a future G4 to take advantage of this feature.

The Trigger itself (and the safety dingus) are wider and more comfortable on the G3c. I haven’t detail stripped the G3c, so I can’t say if the triggers are compatible between models, but I can say that the trigger safety from the G3 definitely will not function if you can install the trigger into a G2/G2c. Taurus has added material to the frame for the G3c safety dingus. I’ll update this later after I detail strip both models.

Slides
G3c slide will go onto the G2 frame, but not the other way around. G3c frame rails are slightly thicker. Though it goes on, G3c slide has more slop on the G2 frame. I don’t know if this could cause a safety issue.

The G3c uses Glock dimensioned sights. I’ve got a set of night sights I took off a G19 that I may put on. The sights that come with it are steel. They are a front dot, blacked out rear. Personally, I liked three dots on the G2 which is another reason I may put the night sights on.

Without the front scallops of the G2, the G3c weighs .45 oz more.

The hinged loaded chamber indicator has been removed on the G3c. The cut out on the barrel from this feature on the G2 remains to serve as a window to visually inspect.

Like the G2c, the G3c has thankfully continued to omit  the key lock found (and mostly ignored) on the G2.

Frame

Rails are a bit thicker, maybe .010”. I’ll put some mics on after detail stripping.

Texturing is similar on the G2 but is somewhat deeper on the G3c. They have also updated the logo.

The grip has been extended on the G3c just a bit to close up the gap that was between the grip and magazine base plate on the G2.

They’ve switched from solid to roll pins on the G3c. As mentioned previously, material has been added for the new trigger safety.

There is also now  a window on the side of the frame where the serial number, etched in a second location, can be viewed when accessories are obstructing the number on the accessory rail/ dust cover. This number appears to be part of the rail/ trigger group, which is removable. So... which is the serialized component? The plastic grip like the G2 or the trigger group like on the Sig P320? Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, there is my quick break down of the obvious difference that I’ve found thus far between the G2 series and the G3c.

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked up the G3C a couple of weeks ago. I have about 650rds down the pipe so far. A mix of S@B, Winchester white box, and Tula. I shot 250rds of Tula yesterday, Dam! This trigger is getting better every outing. I have had ZERO malfunctions with the three mags that came with the gun and the two G2C mags I bought.
I like the sights and trigger, size of the gun, and so far the reliability. I just ordered a IWB holster from Skydas Gear, along with the PL Mini2 from Olight.
I will continue to shoot the crap out of this gun and keep checking this thread for more info. Thanks..... Sully
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been looking hard at the g2c or g3c. Under $300 locally. I'm not a taurus fan, I've got 2 used pt92s, but I bought a revolver at one gun show and traded it off at the very next show. It was that shitty! Then there was the recall... The only reason I want it is because I think it's cool that you can get 32rnd mags. I look at it as a good alternative to a mac-11 for a range toy. Not that I need it, I've already got Glocks with 33rnd mags and a XD9 with 32rnd mags.

Are they safe? Worried after the recall of other taurus guns. I've heard stories about brazilian cops accidently shooting people because their guns "just went off, for like no reason".

I'm pretty sure, but does the g2c and g3c take the same mags? Which sig mag do they use again?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:00:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AASG:

I'm pretty sure, but does the g2c and g3c take the same mags? Which sig mag do they use again?
View Quote

Yes. The mag bodies are the same. The only difference is the baseplates on the G3C's have an indentation on each side to make it easier to pull a magazine out.

Don't know about SIG mag interchangeability.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a G3 and a G3C, I have to admit if it weren’t 2020 I probably would have passed on the Taurus pistols.  I’ve had a few in the past and all gave me problems.  But these two, and a TX22 have been great.  Lakeline has some accessories for these, sights, recoil springs, RDS bases, etc.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:07:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lanza] [#19]
About 3 years ago I held a 111 G2 at an Academy, and it felt so 'perfect' I bought it immediately.  Unfortunately, it had 'The Curse of Taurus' even after a trip to Miami.

Last year I saw a G2C at the same Academy and decided to try again.  This one hit the jackpot.  Shoots everything, even Russian steel case, and I'm as accurate it (if not more so) as my Glock and CZ (so was the 111 G2, actually, between malfunctions, haha).

The other day, I handled a G3C & tried the trigger.  When I got home I checked the trigger on my G2C.  I'm no expert, but I didn't notice any real difference, other than the size of the trigger, itself.  YMMV, or course.

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#20]
The title says "g3c (formerly the g2c)" and I also originally thought it would replace the g2c, but it appears they are still making g2cs in full production. I still see more g2cs in local stores than I do the g3c. Strange. I wonder if they plan to keep it going forever? There is really no reason to keep both, the g3c only sells for $20 or $30 more where I am and it comes with an extra mag that's worth more than that, so there no need to keep the "econo" g2c in production.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#21]
The title says "g3c (formerly the g2c)" and I also originally thought it would replace the g2c, but it appears they are still making g2cs in full production. I still see more g2cs in local stores than I do the g3c. Strange. I wonder if they plan to keep it going forever? There is really no reason to keep both, the g3c only sells for $20 or $30 more where I am and it comes with an extra mag that's worth more than that, so there no need to keep the "econo" g2c in production.
View Quote

I would imagine they have the mold machines for both the G2C and G3C grip frames and magazine bases running 24/7 with the current gun shortage.  Probably same with the G2C slide milling and finishing equipment.  It might have meant to replace it but 2020 changed that plan to supplementing it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Local gun store is selling the G3C for $260 with three magazines.  I checked this thread, went to the store to handle one, and bought one as a carry option for when I want something lighter than a CZ PCR.

Suggestions for holster options?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Shane333:
Local gun store is selling the G3C for $260 with three magazines.  I checked this thread, went to the store to handle one, and bought one as a carry option for when I want something lighter than a CZ PCR.

View Quote

Make sure you run some of your carry ammo through it.  My full size G3 absolutely choked on Silver Bear 147 JHP ammo.  It will not feed a single round into the chamber.

Never tried any of it in a G3C, and never had a problem with any other ammo.  But the shape of that bullet just flat didn’t work in the G3.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Warhawk:

Make sure you run some of your carry ammo through it.  My full size G3 absolutely choked on Silver Bear 147 JHP ammo.  It will not feed a single round into the chamber.

Never tried any of it in a G3C, and never had a problem with any other ammo.  But the shape of that bullet just flat didn't work in the G3.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Warhawk:
Originally Posted By Shane333:

Never tried any of it in a G3C, and never had a problem with any other ammo.  But the shape of that bullet just flat didn't work in the G3.
Point well taken.  
After cleaning and lubing the G3C, I hand-cycled two different brands of 124 gr hp ammo today and it struggled with one of them.  I want to break-in the gun and mags at the range with some basic fmj ammo and then try different types of hp to see what feeds reliably.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I just picked up a G3C locally for $219!
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I just picked up a G3C locally for $219!
View Quote
Nice deal!
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

Yes. The mag bodies are the same. The only difference is the baseplates on the G3C's have an indentation on each side to make it easier to pull a magazine out.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

P226/228
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 4:20:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I got my G2C back in 2019 for $179 + a $20 Taurus rebate. Got it as a cheap throw around truck/farm gun. Over 300 rds of steel, aluminum , and brass without a cleaning and zero malfunctions.  Can't complain for $160 pistol that goes bang every time and shoots where you point it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top