View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Sig P365
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]Quoted:[

Or should I get a 48 AND a 43?
View Quote

I bought a 43 years ago, then when the 48 and 43X were announced, picked up the 48.  I pocket carry a 43 99% of the time as waistband carry isn’t available at work. No, I’m not a stripper—think slacks and a tucked in dress shirt.

After picking up my 48, I called Glock and asked them specifically if I can mate my 43 slide to the 48 frame and make my own 43x. His exact words were “we have not tested that configuration.’  I tested it, and it works. My only criticism is the lack of foresight to make mags interchangeable in all three pistols.

I have a Tulster AIWB for the 48w/light which fits the 43w/light. Add some Shield 15s to the 48 or 43X and you’re already at the capacity of your 19.

Years ago I picked up another 19 with the intention of passing it on to the kid. Turns out small hands are better suited to a 43/43x/48 over a 19. So there’s that as well.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't need an MOS to mount a light. Streamlight TLR-6 works perfectly. That, some night sights, and some Shield mags and you're good to go.

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Constantly need to check to make sure my 43x is on my waist.
It’s that good.
View Quote

Mine rides nice and tight in a Raven Mini Phantom
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Any suggestions for a comfortable IWB holster that will fit a G43X MOS with a threaded barrel? I figure it will most likely have to be a holster made for the G48 MOS but I am hving trouble finding manufacturers that have incorporated the rail into their designs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm very pleased and impressed with my 43X when it comes to CCW. Currently it rides in a G-Code INCOG ECLIPSE IWB w/spare belt clip magazine holder (G-Code). I still would like to find an affordable OWB holster since at times I like to carry it now in the winter months. Yes, it's much lighter than my G19 & G26 and prints less but those two are going nowhere. Plus I'm still not sold on the S-15 magazines. Pro's & Con's I guess according to forums & family members. If I need more than 20rds when carrying my 43X & spare magazine then I should of brought a rifle instead. And I added Novak Fison Night Sights.
https://www.novaksights.com/

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#7]
42, 43, 43x, and 48 owner checking in...

If I'd bought the X first, I probably wouldn't own a 43 or 48...

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
You all have swayed me from the 48 to the 43x, just need to find an MOS in stock and a left handed holster, anyone know of a company that sells one?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You all have swayed me from the 48 to the 43x, just need to find an MOS in stock and a left handed holster, anyone know of a company that sells one?
View Quote

If I did not already have a P365XL, the G48 MOS might have won over my G43X MOS.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shoot both. And decide how you carry.  

The 48 is noticeably less flippy than the 43X.

I carry a 43 in a longer holster to keep it from tipping out and to spread the pressure.  It’s just as long as a 48 holster.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I do love my G43X but I don’t conceal well. I find the grip is a little long and shows at time. However it’s worth it to have a carry gun that fits my big ass hands.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Shoot both. And decide how you carry.  

The 48 is noticeably less flippy than the 43X.

I carry a 43 in a longer holster to keep it from tipping out and to spread the pressure.  It’s just as long as a 48 holster.
View Quote

That’s what I have heard before. I was figuring if you are using a g48 holster why not just get a g48. I have a g19 as my carry now, so a g48 would still feel smaller.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#13]
My G48 holster is 34 length. My body type prefers longer holsters. My grips tip out otherwise.

Why are some of you preferring the 43X despite more recoil? Either way I’d carry mine in the same size holster.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I do love my G43X but I don’t conceal well. I find the grip is a little long and shows at time. However it’s worth it to have a carry gun that fits my big ass hands.
View Quote

I find the same thing. I sold my S&W Shield for the 43x, and while I love everything else about it, it doesn't conceal as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Try out a longer holster with a wedge.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m a major G19 fan. I’ve talked people into buying a lot of G19s over the years since I think they are the best all around handgun you can own. (I don’t sell guns but friends and family ask for my input)

I now edc a 43x with shield arms mags and dont miss my g19 at all. I am a little faster with the G19, but for edc its a no brainer.

ETA: I carry in a tier 1 with a spare shield arms mag.  So 31 rounds in a setup I can clip onto gym shorts with no belt. I got the tier 1 with ulticlips.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I find the same thing. I sold my S&W Shield for the 43x, and while I love everything else about it, it doesn't conceal as well.
View Quote

IWB 3:30 you’ll get a bit of base print just like the G19. Also like the G19 nobody but other gun geeks who made you as a CCW due to your cargo shorts and grunt style t-shirt will actually notice, but it’s there. I got the 43x because I’ve always been lazy about actually carrying my G19/26 and figured it’d help with the bulk excuse. It mostly does... but if I’m going to be wearing a hoodie or something I may as well just throw on the G19.

AIWB it does totally disappear, I just don’t carry that way generally.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#19]
the 43x is by far my favorite glock even before i got the SA mags. the grip angle seems smaller than other glocks in my hands, not sure of the actual measurement.

i was surprised to find that it is less snappy than my 365xl.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:34:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
the 43x is by far my favorite glock even before i got the SA mags. the grip angle seems smaller than other glocks in my hands, not sure of the actual measurement.

i was surprised to find that it is less snappy than my 365xl.
View Quote

How's accuracy between the two?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:50:04 AM EDT
[#21]
The 43X gets you nothing but a shorter sight radius, less velocity and less stability in AIWB carry.

Get a 48.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The 43X gets you nothing but a shorter sight radius, less velocity and less stability in AIWB carry.

Get a 48.
View Quote

Have the x and almost picked up the 48 mos but got something else that day.  I think I'll definitely grab the 48 next hopefully mos if I see one and give the SA mags a try.

Hell I'll probably grab a few of each

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I prefer the 48 by a pretty large margin. Not sure why, but it seems to have a very different feel when shooting.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Owned the 43, 43x, and 48.

Don't own the 43 and 48 anymore.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Glock 43x replacing Glock 19 for EDC. Talon Pro grips and Amergilo Spartan night sights. Shield Arm S15 mags - til they were lost in the boating accident.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I really like my G43X MOS, but the SiG P365X and P365XL conceal better AIWB for me. The only thing that the G43X MOS needs, is better grip texturing. It is as smooth as a baby's butt, I have a Pachmyr grip sleeve on it now, and will probably order Talon "Pro" grip wrap.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/201503/G43XMOS_5_jpg-1741537.JPG
View Quote

How’s the fit on your CHPWS adapter plate? I can’t get mine on without forcing it and even then it doesn’t fit flush:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How's the fit on your CHPWS adapter plate? I can't get mine on without forcing it and even then it doesn't fit flush:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23562/FC974C03-6F96-4601-B90D-A470EF614109_jpe-1817359.JPG
View Quote

Mine dropped right in.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Personally I have the 43 and the 48. My opinion stick with the 48 all day long! It’s just as easy to carry / conceal but the real kicker is you can get a 15rd flush fit mag for the 48 from shield arms.

Full size capacity from a sf model. Hard to beat that
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Personally I have the 43 and the 48. My opinion stick with the 48 all day long! It’s just as easy to carry / conceal but the real kicker is you can get a 15rd flush fit mag for the 48 from shield arms.

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's your opinion between the 43x and the 48?

Same grip, different slide length.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How’s the fit on your CHPWS adapter plate? I can’t get mine on without forcing it and even then it doesn’t fit flush:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23562/FC974C03-6F96-4601-B90D-A470EF614109_jpe-1817359.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really like my G43X MOS, but the SiG P365X and P365XL conceal better AIWB for me. The only thing that the G43X MOS needs, is better grip texturing. It is as smooth as a baby's butt, I have a Pachmyr grip sleeve on it now, and will probably order Talon "Pro" grip wrap.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/201503/G43XMOS_5_jpg-1741537.JPG

It probably needs a little filing to make it fit. The plates are made to exact standards where as the slide cuts and the optics can have slight variations in tolerances.

What Forward Controls Designs says about their plates. I like the FCD plate better an went with it. Mine fit great first try luckily.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe I don't know the full score but my pal just got a 48, sounds like the light and holster options are lame, so it's a hard no for me. And fuck no, I'm not waiting around for new shit to be released when companies can barely keep up with current shit.

G43 for summer, G19 the rest of the year.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Can't speak on the 43 or 48, but for me the 43x is my daily off duty carry. With a good holster/belt combo and Talon grips (a must IMHO) its hands down a better option. Sold my G26 to fund the 43x purchase and am very satisfied. That being said, everyone is different and taste/comfort for you is the ultimate deciding factor.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe I don't know the full score but my pal just got a 48, sounds like the light and holster options are lame, so it's a hard no for me. And fuck no, I'm not waiting around for new shit to be released when companies can barely keep up with current shit.

G43 for summer, G19 the rest of the year.
View Quote

Why I got the 43X... uses all of my 43 holsters.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Why does everybody like the 43x better?  

Seems to me that the extra length on the 48 doesn’t really have a downside so why wouldn’t you want it?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Seems to me that the extra length on the 48 doesn’t really have a downside so why wouldn’t you want it?
View Quote

I think it's 50/50 I grabbed a 43x but when I called the shop they said they only had the 48 but they had a 43x which I got. I guess some guys carry different as well but I hear the 48 shoots nice.

I'll probably grab either one that I find in stock at the time I decide to buy in the mos configuration.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks better and easier to AIWB carry. depending on your build and holster that shorter slide may be the difference between stabbing yourself in the nuts while tying your shoes or not.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#38]
43X over 48 for me all day long. Thing is built for appendix carry, in that it’s thin and short-slide w/ a long grip. I thought the 43X was dumb relative to the 365, and I still think that, but the 15rd mags completely change the equation.

I could see why some would prefer the 48 for appendix carry depending on physical build and holster setup. I have a very flat stomach and no muffin top, so the 43X carries perfectly flat, and I don’t benefit from the longer slide acting as a lever to keep the top half from flipping outwards. I could see how someone with more fluff (that’s not a dig) could benefit from that longer slide acting as a lever though.

I also carry in a sidecar setup which helps stability. I use the 43X as a step up from the 365. The 365 I carry solo as a 10 or 12+1 as a small carry setup. When I can carry more, I carry the 43X w/ backup mag as a 30+1 setup. Works for me, and both have their place for me. They’re different enough guns that I don’t feel the need to own one over the other. Get both.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Looks better and easier to AIWB carry. depending on your build and holster that shorter slide may be the difference between stabbing yourself in the nuts while tying your shoes or not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been my experience. Longer slides help fat guys keep the grip pushed into their gut, whereas a short slide would allow their gut to push the grip outwards. I don’t have that issue, so for me the long slide just means I need to wear my pants high af lest the slide digs into the crease of my hip any time I bend at the hip. I don’t wear my pants low like an OG, but at the same time it’d be nice to not wear them around the belly button like an old man either.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This has been my experience. Longer slides help fat guys keep the grip pushed into their gut, whereas a short slide would allow their gut to push the grip outwards. I don’t have that issue, so for me the long slide just means I need to wear my pants high af lest the slide digs into the crease of my hip any time I bend at the hip. I don’t wear my pants low like an OG, but at the same time it’d be nice to not wear them around the belly button like an old man either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm fairly skinny but the length of a 19 carried aiwb doesn't make any real difference in comfort to me.  

I ordered a JM 48 length holster and I'll try that with my 43.  Figure that's a lot cheaper and easier than buying the pistol and deciding I don't like it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Went to the LGS and held a 43X for the first time. compared to the shorter grip of the 43, the 43X is truly perfection. They also had a 48 mos. Couldn't help myself and brought it home. Opted for the shorter slide and no MOS because I like the lightweight, minimalist profile and will probably try pocket carry in the summer like I do with my Sig 938. Now to shop for holsters and pocket sheaths. My other Glocks may start feeling neglected.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I had a 43x, sold it and bought a 48. For me at least it feels more balanced
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I had a 43x, sold it and bought a 48. For me at least it feels more balanced
View Quote

The 48 is a great gun. But I’m keeping my 43X too
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The 48 is a great gun. But I’m keeping my 43X too
View Quote

Definitely keeping the 43x but I been eyeballing the 48.

The 43x is a shooter and I definitely need some practice with it but I can understand the longer 48 being more pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I have both a 48 and 43x. On the 43x slide I went all out with Suarez Int fitting a full size RMR on it along with their compensator and a zaffri barrel.  It is a sweet shooting slide and is the same length as a 48 slide.

On my 48, I am going to send the frame off for stippling and undercuts and it will eventually get the 43x slide on it for EDC. I love the fact you can switch slides and frames for the 43/43x/48.  

This platform along with the S15 mags have replaced my factory glock 19s as in....I don't have them anymore. I still have a P80 sized 19 just because.

I have used this platform and magazine combo at several training events and everyone is baffled that my round count and accuracy is better than theirs
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:56:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't have a dog in this fight since I carry a standard Glock 43.  But!!  If I had to choose between the Glock 43X or the Glock 48, I'd go with the 43X...  I looked at one today and thought about it for a bit.  The only thing that stopped me was that I didn't want to buy seven extra mags for it.

If Biden goes super stupid and laws are changed, I'd probably pick up a 43X later in 2021...  With that said, I took my ex-wife out so she could buy her own pistol back in September 2020... Long story.  ANYWAY!! We looked and looked, but everybody was out of new Glocks or other quality 9mm pistols, but went to the last business I knew of and there she was, a NIB Glock 43X!! And at $465.

Took her to the range and shot it several times.  The 43X feels and shoots good, but not enough to make me abandon my standard 43 or my Glock 26.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#47]
I have a 43 and 48, threw the 43 slide on the 48 frame to make the "43x". Didn't even shoot the 48 at the time. After a few mags I was contemplating hanging up the 43 as my edc and keep the 43x configuration. Just before ending my range session I put the 48 back together and ripped through a few more mags and was pleasantly surprised how much better the 48 shot. I'm definitely thinking hard about replacing the 43 with the 48. Maybe even replace my G19 with the 48 for hiking.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I was ready to buy a 92FS today, until I spied a G43X MOS in the case.

Now I need a 43X MOS holster, RDS, and Streamlight TLR-7 Sub for a Lil' Fauxland Special.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I was ready to buy a 92FS today, until I spied a G43X MOS in the case.

Now I need a 43X MOS holster, RDS, and Streamlight TLR-7 Sub for a Lil' Fauxland Special.
View Quote

Get the RMRcc and stay tuned to @duffy and get his OPF plate when its available.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#50]
We'll begin to test the OPF-G43x/48, RMRcc next week, and other related components to meet agency requirements.

Steel as always, we do not believe aluminum is suitable for the application.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top