Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/8/2022 10:17:23 PM EDT
Several people like it. It has not been out long enough to be proven. Looks like a generic Glock. thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sample size of 1 that I had a chance to shoot at the range:

Magazine would pop out of the gun while shooting. Happened with multiple shooters, different grips, one or two handed, etc.

Felt great in the hand and seemed like a good value but not something to trust your life to.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one. So far better then a Glock and half the price. Comes with steel suppressor hight sights, steel guide rod, longer slide release and Decent trigger and no dumb Glock grip angle. All for $350

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Dagger slide on a Glock G23 frame. So far it has been just fine. It's the cheapest aftermarket complete slide I could find. It seems as nice as other Glock style slides I have.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Dagger slide on a Glock G23 frame. So far it has been just fine. It's the cheapest aftermarket complete slide I could find. It seems as nice as other Glock style slides I have.
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Tried this a while back. Someone will be along soon calling everyone a moron for not just buying another Glock.
I like mine, it’s been reliable for hundreds of rounds and I shoot it well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome fellow firearms enthusiast.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Palmetto-State-Armory/56/
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Dagger early last December.  It shot fine but the first time I cleaned it I found the barrel bore had terrible machining.   I contacted PSA CS who provided a shipping label.   Apparently PSA got a bad batch of barrels and started sending people new barrels.   It took a couple weeks but I got my Dagger back with a new barrel.   I guess I got a bad barrel pretty early before they knew how many bad barrels had been sold.

So far no malfunctions, decent trigger, good sights and good accuracy.   My Brother bought a Dagger shortly after me and he got the Tru-Glo Night sights.  His barrel is fine and his pistol has been reliable and accurate.   I think my Brother got a better deal for the small price increase for the Night Sights.  We both bought our Daggers while PSA had free shipping.

I read the issue with magazines being dislodged during firing was traced to out of spec locking blocks.  Supposedly this permits the feed ramp of the barrel to contact the magazine and jars it loose during recoil.    I’ve have read where some people replaced the PSA mag catch with a Glock mag catch and solved the problem.    There is a do it yourself fix to the PSA mag catch which has helped some people where the magazines were falling out during firing.   There is a thread in the PSA section which discusses the dropped mag issue and fix.

PSA has tried to address the problems which have been reported.   I actually like my Dagger better than I thought I would.  As of right now I have no intention of selling mine.   I have several pistols which I routinely carry but as of right now I would carry my Dagger for defense.   I mainly bought the Dagger out of curiosity, as a loner pistol or a range toy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:40:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine's good.  600 rounds downrange so far and 100%.  Yeah, that's not a tremendous amount of rounds, but ammo is expensive these days and this is a backup gun.

It has better ergonomics than a factory Gen 3 G19.  

Trigger is definitely in the typical striker fired category of "meh".  The trigger is perfectly useable but it's nothing to write home about.  Which is pretty much my experience with most striker fired pistols out of the box.  

I only use G19 OEM mags in mine, so I can't comment on the MagPul mags.

I have a G19 an a lot of mags, so I bought the Dagger to try out as a secondary gun to use the same pool of mags.  I'm satisfied with my purchase.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I like mine so far.  Only have about 450 rounds of white box "training ammo" and Remington Range through it, but no issues with any of that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: Several people like it. It has not been out long enough to be proven. Looks like a generic Glock. thoughts?
View Quote
The Compact DaggerTM is celebrating its one year anniversary this week.  The Compact DaggerTM first went on sale September 18, 2020.  Due to several issues, the pistols sold in September 2020 didn't start shipping until almost eight months later, the week of May 10, 2021.

For general information on the entire line of DaggerTM pistols including the upcoming Full-Size DaggerTM (P45 and P17), Micro DaggerTM (P43X), and .22 LR DaggerTM pistols, refer to,
Palmetto State Armory DaggerTM
Quoted: I got one. So far better then a Glock and half the price.
View Quote
Half the price may be a bit of a stretch.  If you take into account the value of the magazines, a brand new OEM Glock G19 gen5 sells for about $125 more than the Compact DaggerTM base model.  Features such as an MRDS cut (especially rear iron sight forward) and lightening cuts certainly increase the value of the Compact DaggerTM.

Comes with steel suppressor hight sights, steel guide rod, longer slide release and Decent trigger and no dumb Glock grip angle. All for $350
View Quote
The Compact DaggerTM has the same grip angle as a Glock,
Grip Angle
Changes to the backstrap may make the Compact DaggerTM feel as if it has a different grip angle.  However, the grip angle is the same.

Quoted: I bought a Dagger early last December.  It shot fine but the first time I cleaned it I found the barrel bore had terrible machining.   I contacted PSA CS who provided a shipping label.   Apparently PSA got a bad batch of barrels and started sending people new barrels.   It took a couple weeks but I got my Dagger back with a new barrel.   I guess I got a bad barrel pretty early before they knew how many bad barrels had been sold.
View Quote
The Compact DaggerTM Barrel Defect potentially effects all 40,000 barrels (non-threaded and threaded) shipped prior to January 19, 2022.  If your Compact DaggerTM barrel exhibits bad rifling (e.g., uneven rifling, chatter marks, pitting, ...), contact PSA founder Jamin McCallum for a free replacement barrel,
Barrel Defect
You do not need to return your defective barrel.

Quoted: Sample size of 1 that I had a chance to shoot at the range:

Magazine would pop out of the gun while shooting. Happened with multiple shooters, different grips, one or two handed, etc.

Felt great in the hand and seemed like a good value but not something to trust your life to.
View Quote
Quoted: I read the issue with magazines being dislodged during firing was traced to out of spec locking blocks.  Supposedly this permits the feed ramp of the barrel to contact the magazine and jars it loose during recoil.    I’ve have read where some people replaced the PSA mag catch with a Glock mag catch and solved the problem.    There is a do it yourself fix to the PSA mag catch which has helped some people where the magazines were falling out during firing.
View Quote
The Compact DaggerTM has now shipped with at least three different barrels (six different barrels if you consider non-threaded and threaded),
Compact DaggerTM Barrels
The Compact DaggerTM Barrel Defect involved what we refer to as Barrel #1.

After the Compact DaggerTM Barrel Defect came to light in mid-January 2022, PSA started shipping two replacement barrels which we refer to as Barrel #2 and Barrel #3.

Barrel #3 with a flat crown, round muzzle exit, and stamped "9x19" on the side (without "W" stamped on the bottom) caused magazines to fall out.  In addition, aftermarket barrels including, but not limited to barrels from Swenson, CMC, Grey Ghost Precision, and Zaffari Precision have also caused magazines to fall out.

On April 11, 2022, PSA acknowledged that the root cause of magazines falling out is the locking block.  The locking block is allowing the feed ramp of certain barrels to hit the magazine, disengaging the magazine release, and causing the magazine to fall out.  PSA said there was an issue with a batch of locking blocks that were out of spec.  There's no evidence this issue was limited to a batch of locking blocks.  PSA has shipped at least two different Compact DaggerTM locking blocks,
Redesigned Locking Block
Some community members have reported that an OEM Glock G19 gen3 magazine release fixed the Magazine Falls Out Issue. PSA Customer Service is mailing customers Barrel #2 and a new magazine release (and spring) to work around the root cause of the Magazine Falls Out Issue. If the root cause of your Magazine Falls Out Issue is the Compact DaggerTM locking block, a new magazine release alone likely will not fix the issue. There may be other cases in which the locking block is not the root cause and a replacement magazine release may be a viable fix.

Barrels from Zaffiri Precision seem to be especially problematic.  Several community members have returned their Compact DaggerTM pistol with a Zaffiri Precision barrel for warranty repair of the Magazine Falls Out Issue and the replacement locking block didn't resolve the issue.  It would appear PSA needs to make a more significant design change to the Compact DaggerTM locking block in order to resolve the Magazine Falls Out Issue with Zaffiri Precision barrels.

Refer to,
Magazine Falls Out
and,
Locking Block Defect
PSA has tried to address the problems which have been reported.
View Quote
Over the last year, PSA has quietly redesigned Compact DaggerTM part after part.  The overall quality of the Compact DaggerTM continues to improve.

Obviously, there's far too much to discuss in a single post.  Again, please click on the following link for more information,
I'm not affiliated with Palmetto State Armory or any other company under the JJE Capital Holdings, LLC umbrella.  I don't profit from the information I've shared in any way, shape, or form.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I almost ordered one but for the price (inclusive of shipping, X-fer fees and taxes) then adjusted for the value of TWO extra mags that come with a Glock 19, the cost was close enough that I just bought another factory Glock.  

I am still reading of bugs that need to be worked out (walking trigger pin, loose mags, et.al).
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted: I almost ordered one but for the price (inclusive of shipping, X-fer fees and taxes) then adjusted for the value of TWO extra mags that come with a Glock 19, the cost was close enough that I just bought another factory Glock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted: I almost ordered one but for the price (inclusive of shipping, X-fer fees and taxes) then adjusted for the value of TWO extra mags that come with a Glock 19, the cost was close enough that I just bought another factory Glock.
I'd say the street value of the one Magpul PMAG that comes with the Compact DaggerTM is around $10.  The street value of the three OEM magazines that come with an OEM Glock G19 gen5 is around $60.  So yes, the OEM magazines alone carry a $50 premium.  Some guys consider a Magpul PMAG to be worthless (I'm not one of them).

I am still reading of bugs that need to be worked out (walking trigger pin, loose mags, et.al).
The Compact DaggerTM Walking Trigger Pin Issue was first reported almost one year ago, within days of the Compact DaggerTM first shipping.  While we still hear a report of the Walking Trigger Pin Issue from time to time, reports are few and far between,
Walking Trigger Pin Issue
At a minimum, PSA redesigned the trigger pin and the slide stop in an attempt to fix the Walking Trigger Pin Issue.

In terms of "loose mags" ...

There is a certain "wobble" to magazines in a Compact DaggerTM frame.  However, I'm not convinced it's any more or less than with an OEM Glock G19 frame.

It has been shown that an OEM Glock and certain aftermarket G19 gen3 magazine releases engage a magazine better than the Compact DaggerTM magazine release.

As I mentioned above, the biggest issue is that the Compact DaggerTM locking block is allowing certain Compact DaggerTM and aftermarket barrels to come in contact with the magazine causing it to fall out.

One community member noted that with the Compact DaggerTM magazine wobble, applying significant pressure to the bottom of the magazine with your pinkie pushes the top of the magazine forward, closer to the barrel feed ramp, possibly exacerbating the Magazine Falls Out Issue. Shooters with smaller hands or a different grip may not incur this compounding factor or may not experience the Magazine Falls Out Issue at all.  The same community member worked around the locking block design issue by affixing a small, hard, plastic spacer on the back inner side of the magazine well to decrease the magazine wobble.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a gen 4 glock 19. Will the slide of a dagger basically work on it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it’s based on the 3rd Gen models
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm seeing a lot of this. works on gen 3 models not 4. Not sure why.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Gen 3 slides can work on Gen 4 frames with an adapter to fill the gap at the dust cover.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted: I have a gen 4 glock 19. Will the slide of a dagger basically work on it?
View Quote
Yes, a Compact DaggerTM slide will work on a G19 gen4 frame and G19 gen5 frame,
Compact DaggerTM Slide on Glock gen4 and gen5 Frame
although the fit has a tendency to be extremely tight.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you change out your trigger mechnasim housing for a 9mm one?

I just ordered a dagger slide (with rmr cut, threaded barrel and suppressor height sights) that was on sale and plan on using it on my Glock 32 frame.
I was just planning on buying a threaded 9mm conversion barrel but for like $25 more, I got the whole slide, barrel, sights and optic cut.  Made sense.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I shot a mag through one once and it was great, I'll probably pick one up.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a Dagger slide on a Glock G23 frame.

Nope, the frame is completely stock G23 gen3 with the .40 ejector. No issues at all so far. For a carry/duty gun I would change to 9mm parts for peace of mind, not necessary for a range gun/trainer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:41:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock Gen 3 design has been on the market long enough it is no longer under patent protection.  So anyone can copy a Gen 3 without fear of being sued.  Gen 4 is still under patent protection.  

There a reason Glock keeps making generation updates that are not completely backwards compatible, and it’s not “perfection”.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#24]
I have used dagger slides - they work well.  Like all DIY builds need some adjustment.  For some reason they don't run reliably supressed even with a lighter spring probably need more working in.

I like OEM because I've never seen my real Glocks fail - Psychology builds confidence.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Glovebox gun.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I liked mine well enough but not enough to keep it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted: Glock Gen 3 design has been on the market long enough it is no longer under patent protection.  So anyone can copy a Gen 3 without fear of being sued.  Gen 4 is still under patent protection.
View Quote
What's exciting about the upcoming Micro DaggerTM is that it's based on an OEM Glock G43X which most people consider a gen5.  PSA is reverse-engineering as many OEM Glock G43X parts as possible, however, in some cases, PSA is having to work around active Glock patents,
Micro DaggerTM
The Micro DaggerTM is also exciting in that it actually improves on the OEM Glock G43X.  Of course, PSA has developed a 15-round polymer magazine (that is also compatible with the G43X and G48) ... no need for a steel magazine catch as with the Shield Arms S15 magazine.  PSA has said the Micro DaggerTM will be offered with native Trijicon RMRcc and Holosun HS407/507K X2 footprints, rather than having to mill the slide or use an adapter plate as with the OEM Glock G43X.

Hopefully, PSA will start offering form factors not offered by Glock ... innovating, rather than just cloning.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#28]
For me, it was how it was going to feel in my hand, and then, how it did feel in my hand.  It looked like it should feel awesome.  And it did.  It did feel awesome. I cannot wait until they start selling the full FDE version with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#29]
The only complaint with mine is that the chamber is too tight.   Loads that function well in my other pistols will not work in my Dagger.   Other than that it is a good gun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Dagger slide came in. Fit and finish is great.
Now to decide which suppressor to run with it and gotta find where I left the spare RMRs.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dagger slide came in. Fit and finish is great.
Now to decide which suppressor to run with it and gotta find where I left the spare RMRs.

https://i.postimg.cc/h4zyp5Hj/1-B6-E74-B6-8-B1-B-4-B08-BDB6-4-DF6-EB29-DA67.jpg
View Quote

My slide just came in the mail today. It will be my first venture into an RDS (Burris FF3) on a handgun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Please PM me your order number. I can get you taken care of that tight chamber for you.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

Josiah,

Thanks, PM sent.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a Dagger lower with a AIM parts kit, slide, and barrel.

Only thing I dont like is the flared lip at the bottom of the front strap for the magwell, it digs into my large hands.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Good review here.

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I have only 300 rounds through mine. It was purchased Nov 21'. It had the barrels with the pitting in them, and those were replaced. I noted that it will drop the Magpul mags on firing, but not the Glock mags.  Probably should send it in. For me it's working as a good ammo test gun :D
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I have had one a couple months, haven't shot it yet. Hope to soon.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:31:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Just put 400 rounds through mine with no issues using cheap magpul mags.  It feels better in my big hands than my g19.  I should have 1k through after this week and I'll report back with any failures.
I will most likely trust it enough to carry.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#39]
The normal Glock 19 size Dagger doesn't interest me since I already have several 19's. I'd consider getting one of their complete RMR slides w/ threaded barrel because the prices are decent on those, but not a full gun. I'm definitely interested and will buy the subcompact 15rd Dagger when it releases, allegedly this year.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I only had a chance to put 200 more rounds through the dagger.  I had 1 stovepipe and 4 fail to feed using Glock mags.   I also got brass to the face a few times.   I need to get back to the range.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Hope to shoot mine tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Ok, shot 150 rounds through it. 100% reliable using wolf ammo and Magpul G19 mags.

It's a very good copy of a G19. I liked the texture of the grip over a glock. Nothing but positive things about it. The only issue is the finish on the barrel sucks and is worn down already. Other than that minor issue, great glock clone for $300.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:  Ok, shot 150 rounds through it. 100% reliable using wolf ammo and Magpul G19 mags.

It's a very good copy of a G19. I liked the texture of the grip over a glock. Nothing but positive things about it. The only issue is the finish on the barrel sucks and is worn down already. Other than that minor issue, great glock clone for $300.
View Quote

That becomes a price that you can throw one in every glovebox.  Or under every spare tire if you're panicky.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That becomes a price that you can throw one in every glovebox.  Or under every spare tire if you're panicky.
View Quote

Yep. Its a great deal IMO. I see PSA, CDNN, offer Turkish made polymer framed, striker fired pistols for a few dollars less.

The Dagger uses all Glock compatible parts except the locking block, and I paid $12 each for 15 round mags.

And, not to mention, a great company that I have faith will stand behind it. Wish they made a .22 adapter for it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:  Yep. Its a great deal IMO. I see PSA, CDNN, offer Turkish made polymer framed, striker fired pistols for a few dollars less.

The Dagger uses all Glock compatible parts except the locking block, and I paid $12 each for 15 round mags.

And, not to mention, a great company that I have faith will stand behind it. Wish they made a .22 adapter for it.
View Quote

Will probably run any .22 Glock compatible slide.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Will probably run any .22 Glock compatible slide.
View Quote

True, but I am wanting one from PSA
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Will probably run any .22 Glock compatible slide.

I swear, PSA could introduce a unicorn shipped to your house & some of you would ask why they didn't put wings on it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted: The Dagger uses all Glock compatible parts except the locking block
View All Quotes
Quoted: The Dagger uses all Glock compatible parts except the locking block
And the trigger pin, trigger housing pin, and locking block pin.  The tip of the Compact DaggerTM firing pin that extends through the breech face is slightly wider than an OEM Glock G19 gen3 firing pin.  An OEM Glock or aftermarket G19 gen3 firing pin may be compatible with a Compact DaggerTM, but not necessarily the other way around.  With the unique ergonomics of the Compact DaggerTM frame / grip, magwells and grip plugs intended for an OEM Glock G19 gen3 will not fit the Compact DaggerTM.  G19 holster compatibility is hit-n-miss with the Compact DaggerTM.

A .22 LR Compact DaggerTM is in the works,
.22 LR Compact DaggerTM
For more general information on the complete line of DaggerTM pistols including the Short Full-Size DaggerTM (P45 = gen3 G45), Long Full-Size DaggerTM (P17 = G17 gen3), and Micro DaggerTM (P43X = G43X), refer to,

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wish they made a .22 adapter for it.
View Quote

I’d like a .22 on a g42/43 frame.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted: I’d like a .22 on a g42/43 frame.
View Quote
Anything is possible.  Jason Pittman was the lead designer of the TX 22 for Taurus.  Jason joined PSA in July 2019.  Jason was the lead designer for the 5.7 Rock.  We can only hope that Jason is involved in the .22 LR DaggerTM.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top