Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2021 3:53:20 PM EDT
I recently was given my father in laws Gen4 G26.  He was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia a few years ago and last year he was getting to the point where he was not very mobile and was having visual hallucinations and changes in alertness and attention.  He and my mother in law had a talk and he decided to give his guns to his kids and son in laws.  I cleaned it up and replaced a few items on it.  It was his carry gun and the sweat and pocket lint had rusted the slide stop and replaced the slide plate (he had a side clip on it).  Gun shot well.

I was never really a Glock guy.  I had fired them before and I shot them well, but I had small kids and I liked the manual safety and grip angle of the 1911.  I carried and still do sometimes carry my SR9C.  I had built a AR9 wthat used Glock mags and had finally gotten my YHM Sidewinder 9mm can.  I bought a G19 threaded barrel for the G26 to try subs through it.  The RSA on the G26 and longer barrel of the G19 did not play well with subs, but it cycled regular 115grn without any issues.

With slow joe and the hoe in office I decided I wanted a Gen4 G19.  Bad timing as price skyrocketed.  I stareded looking at the G17 as well because of availabilty.  During or a little before the Tx Snowpocolypes I found a G17 from a Arfcommer on the EE and the price was right so I bought it.  About 2 days later, a Gen5 G19 MOS also became available and I decided I'd rather buy it now then look again for one later.  I had done a little searching before and found out the Gen4 G19 threaded barrel I had bought for the G26 would also work on the Gen5 G19.  I bought a handful of Factory G19 and G17, KCI, and Magpul mags for all of them.  I had a holosun for the G19, a threaded barrel, as well as a couple of weapon lights.  I have been carrying the G26 with a FastfireIII and it's been a accurate and fun gun to shoot.

So I admittedly felt a little buyers remorse, but realized I could always sell them later if I had to......... until I went out and shot them this morning.   G19 cycles subs well.  The 147grn UMC was not 100% but the browning 147grn cycled with no issue.  All three brand mags functioned 100% and the mags dropped free as well.  I'll be looking for a G17 threaded barrel next.

I still love the 1911, but the Glocks are growing on me.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I absolutely loathe ugly plastic pistols, but to my everlasting embarrassment, I can hit better with one.

It irks the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice collection!  Don't feel bad, when I got my used Beretta M9, in no time at all I was online looking at other Berettas.  Next thing you know, I'm ordering a new INOX 92FS 9mm.  Then, I saw and wanted the CX4 Storm 9mm Carbine.  And I just recently got a used PX4 Storm 9mm.  It's like a disease.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The beginning of the disease. Next update you will have 5, then 10 and so on.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

G17 Gen2, G17 Gen3, G19, G19C, G20, G21SF, G22, G23, G27, G34, G35
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/TSdKDYc-50.gif

G17 Gen2, G17 Gen3, G19, G19C, G20, G21SF, G22, G23, G27, G34, G35
View Quote

GOT DAM!  

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice collection!  Don't feel bad, when I got my used Beretta M9, in no time at all I was online looking at other Berettas.  Next thing you know, I'm ordering a new INOX 92FS 9mm.  Then, I saw and wanted the CX4 Storm 9mm Carbine.  And I just recently got a used PX4 Storm 9mm.  It's like a disease.  
View Quote

Yeah, 1911s are almost as bad, just more expensive.

Now that you mention it, I don't have a beretta.... yet.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]
That's how it is when I get anything new and I end up being happy with it. It's easy to get carried away sometimes and I have to stop myself from going overboard.

1911s are works of art and they definitely can last generations and be rebuilt after you wear them out so it's a better collectable or heirloom gun but glocks are cheap and just run.

Look at the 43x/48 with the sheild 15 rounders next, I don't know if I would get another full size unless it's a G20.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top