Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2020 10:23:09 PM EDT
Ok so with all this time I've had with the quarantine I've finally been able to get some perspective. My job keeps me busy 60 hours a week, but now I've finally been free to play with my baby boy and I have motivation to get my fat ass moving and losing weight for my family.

All that to say, I am looking for a temporary edc belt while I am losing weight. I've got a nice belt that doesn't fit right now, and I need something to use in the mean time. It's got to be at least in the 50 - 52 inch range (actual belt size with gun, not waist) and black nylon. Amazon had been tempting me with cheap unknown brand belts since this will just be shortish term. Any suggestions to keep me from buying the Amazon chinesium sweet-shop stuff? Obviously I don't want to spend a ton on this, but I'm not trying to be a cheapskate either.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Kore essentials belts

many here will agree with me. Wish I would've got into them sooner
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
A Mean Gene belt with the aegis buckle is basically adjustable down to anything. You can keep adjusting it and when you hit your goal just trim it to where it works best. It also doesn’t look tactical.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok so with all this time I've had with the quarantine I've finally been able to get some perspective. My job keeps me busy 60 hours a week, but now I've finally been free to play with my baby boy and I have motivation to get my fat ass moving and losing weight for my family.

All that to say, I am looking for a temporary edc belt while I am losing weight. I've got a nice belt that doesn't fit right now, and I need something to use in the mean time. It's got to be at least in the 50 - 52 inch range (actual belt size with gun, not waist) and black nylon. Amazon had been tempting me with cheap unknown brand belts since this will just be shortish term. Any suggestions to keep me from buying the Amazon chinesium sweet-shop stuff? Obviously I don't want to spend a ton on this, but I'm not trying to be a cheapskate either.
View Quote

I’ve had good luck with my 5.11 belts. I have the Traverse Double Buckle and the TDU. They are in different widths to accommodate different holster loop sizes. Both are infinitely adjustable as you trim down. They also stay locked in place really well and haven’t shown any tendency to roll over while I’m carrying. I’m assuming you could even cut them down if the tail gets too long as you drop weight.

I’ve actually been dropping a little weight during the shutdown without trying to. Cutting out the fast food has really made a difference.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Almost forgot...

If you need a leather belt, the Dickies double prong belt is a good one. The double prong model has the holes that run the entire length of the belt.

While not as infinitely adjustable as the 5.11 type, the holes are spaced close enough together that you are unlikely to be sized in between holes. I have used one of these belts for years, it has held up that well. And I have actually cut it off as I lost weight. And being leather, you can actually get away with pairing it with a bit dressier clothes than just BDU, cargo pants and jeans. You can dress it down or dress it up as needed. And it’s thick enough to support a smaller CCDW pistol like an LCP or Shield.

As it wears, I think it ages well. It never looks like it’s wearing out, just breaking in like good leather will. It’s a bargain for the price.

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I just kept wearing the old belt.  I used a drill/drill bit to make new holes about every inch or so as I need to take up space.

The end of the belt now goes all the way around under the left side belt loop in the pants but I don't want to cut it off till I'm sure I'm done losing weight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Go on Crossbreed's Seconds website and find a full quality belt inexpensively.  No need to 'settle' if you can get a great leather belt for the cost of a cheap make-do belt.

I've bought three- never could find a blemish on any of them.

https://www.crossbreed-seconds.com/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I use an Uncle Mikes velcro closure under belt for their LEO duty rig... very stiff, and allows easily adjustable waist sizing

https://unclemikes.com/ultra-inner-duty-belt/
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm using a Blue Alpha low profile...
once you get used to the velcro, it
works out really well, should give
plenty of adjustment and reasonably
priced.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Try to find one of the Ratchet style belts that works for CCW. The great thing about one is that you can just cut it down to size (as long as you keep heading down). Then if you need smaller, you just unlatch the buckle, cut it down some more, and re-latch the buckle onto the belt.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Same thing I recommend every time: Wilderness Gear Frequent Flyer belt. Neatly infinitely adjustable.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kore essentials belts

View Quote
I have a Kore belt and I love it. I lost 30 lbs over the last 4 months and the belt has been a blessing because it's basically like a big zip tie.
You can ratchet it wherever you want- you don't have to 'choose a hole' that might be too tight or too loose.
Last week I cut three inches off from where I originally cut it when I bought it so the tail of the belt isn't so long.

The one I got.

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Lots of good advice. I'll be sure to check out all these ideas. I really appreciate all the help.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you currently use a leather belt? It's very easy to shorten them from the buckle end with a couple basic hand tools.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah my current belt is 2 layers of leather with spring steel reinforcement.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice prices on crossbreed seconds belts. I just ordered 2. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm leaning towards kore. The custumer service seems on point. I emailed them a question and got a response back in 11 minutes. Really impressed me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nice prices on crossbreed seconds belts. I just ordered 2. Thanks guys!
View Quote

I was looking at some of those, but they didn't have any nylon belts in my size.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Kore essentials belts

View Quote

FPNI. as you lose weight, just pop off the buckle and clip off another inch or two.  Re attach buckle, rinse repeat until you’re at your goal weight.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I recently picked up a nexbelt nylon gun belt, really like it so far. Similar to Kore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top