Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2018 4:16:09 PM EDT
Never owned a CZ. I like subcompacts and carry a G27. It is like holding a brick but I shoot it well. Held a Rami this week in LGS and it fit my hand like a glove. Give me the good, bad and the ugly. I have Sigs so I am used to da/sa.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they use the same basic internals as the CZ75B design, just with a re-worked external design.  They come in both the safety or decocker versions like the '75, and use the same pattern magazine as the '75 series, so they can use the 14rd. '75 compact and 15rd+ full size '75 mags, just sticking out of the grip.

The external design is based of a model CZ made decades ago for Colt, interestingly enough.  Colt contracted CZ to make them a full size pistol chambered in the then new .40 S&W round, called the Colt Z40.  The partnership was brief, but later CZ re-used the design and made it into a sub-compact model in their own line as the 2075 RAMI.

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one and loved it. It is chunky and gets heavy after carrying all day. Mine was the version with the safety, and I would DEFINITELY recommend the decocker version. I needed cash and it went away along with a couple other guns. I cut it loose, basically, because my PCR was lighter, felt better, shot better and held more rounds. That being said...the RAMI is great pistol. If I had a chance to buy another one, preferably used with the decocker, I would not hesitate. I think for the weight factor alone, I would recommend the SP-01 over the RAMI.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
My EDC is a RAMI BD.  I love the way it fits my hand and carries easy.  When I can't print, I carry it with the 10 round magazine.  With a jacket or out and about, I use the 14 round.  I always carry a spare 14 rd mag, so I love the compact package where I have 25 or 29 rounds.  It is a little on the thick side, but it is a double stack with grip panels.

I have the CGW ultralite kit installed and greatly improved the double action pull.  My HD pistol is an SP-01 (w/ ultralite kit) and I love it too.  I enjoy shooting both.  The RAMI weighs 30 oz with 11 rounds of 124 gr 9mm.  It carries well, but is enough to keep it controllable.

The 14 round magazines can sometimes cause issues with the magazine springs being weak even when new.  Mine had that issue (hollow points only) and caused HST's to snag on the bottom of the feed ramp.  I went to stronger springs and 124 gr +P Golddots that don't have a sharp leading edge.  That made it 100% with the 14 rd mags.   The 10 round mags were always 100% with all ammo.

I love my RAMI.  I have no plans on replacing it as my EDC.  It's just the right combination of features for me.  YMMV
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Love mine. I put a CGW Defense kit in it and use 147g +P in mine and runs like a champ.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, do NOT buy a Rami unless you're ok with buying 3-4 more CZ's down the road. GD things are like meth or crack. I'm now up to four, all CZ Custom Shop guns.

My .o2
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My RO let me shoot his RAMI one day and it was hard to believe an edc sized pistol could shoot so pleasantly.  I will say t was a hefty chunk of metal but t was an absolute joy to shoot. It was not he de cocker model but that does seem convenient.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Sort of on a whim, got one in .40 S&W.  I like shooting it better than the older G23 I sold.  Kind of think I'd go with the 9mm now, mostly for the mags/cap difference.  It's hard to find the .40 mags.  I was thinking of also going with a .40 Compact as well but those are now (and probably even then) almost unavailable.  But it shoots nice.  Isn't quite as comfortable shooting as the PCR or 97.   I think it's heft helps some in shooting.  But as to the "too heavy," etc., that seems pretty individual.  Some folks carry a a wide variety of larger/heavier/chunkier firearms so I guess that really comes down to what you want/like.  Much like deciding if you want to carry cocked and locked, hammer down or would prefer the decocker, etc.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sort of on a whim, got one in .40 S&W.  I like shooting it better than the older G23 I sold.  Kind of think I'd go with the 9mm now, mostly for the mags/cap difference.  It's hard to find the .40 mags.  I was thinking of also going with a .40 Compact as well but those are now (and probably even then) almost unavailable.  But it shoots nice.  Isn't quite as comfortable shooting as the PCR or 97.   I think it's heft helps some in shooting.  But as to the "too heavy," etc., that seems pretty individual.  Some folks carry a a wide variety of larger/heavier/chunkier firearms so I guess that really comes down to what you want/like.  Much like deciding if you want to carry cocked and locked, hammer down or would prefer the decocker, etc.
View Quote
I got you fam.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/cz-cz2075-rami-40-s-w-7-round-magazine.html

CZ thinks a lot of their repacked Mec-Gars though...
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, do NOT buy a Rami unless you're ok with buying 3-4 more CZ's down the road. GD things are like meth or crack. I'm now up to four, all CZ Custom Shop guns.

My .o2
View Quote
I gots the CZ's as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Its heavy....and wide. Its really to heavy to carry compared to other guns and its to small to be a good range gun. Mine also had feeding problems which seems to be common. I hit the eject button on mine.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Love my Rami BD it's one of my favorite guns.
" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top