Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2018 4:31:20 PM EDT
I'm kind of intrigued by this pistol.  There's a TacOps available locally for $700, comes with Hogue grip and 2 mags.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They're great just like the rest of the classic line. But, for like 1/3" more in each direction you get the double stack P229. When it came out, it was a Sub-Compact. These days, Sub-Compacts have shrunk. So there's smaller options now. And they're discontinued, so parts will be increasingly more difficult to find.

If you really like it, you won't be disappointed. Though $700 seems kinda high to me unless it's really pristine.  ETA: and tacops in a P239 seems kinda pointless.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
If you didn't know it already, the P239 line has been discontinued.  Magazines for the pistol are going for a premium and who knows how long other parts will be readily available.  Just something to consider.  Also did want to throw in that the P239 is an excellent pistol, but a tad heavy with all of the  newer polymer framed subcompacts out there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one in 9mm and carried it for 3-4 years.. single stack, alloy frame..perfect ...

I felt like I was under gunned/caliber and traded it for a Glock 23... I regret it to this day.

I never did get another and now carry a 9 Shield which is similar.

Would Fo if I didn’t have a current carry piece. I don’t think I would really care about a rail or any “tactical” features though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]
They are great pistols. Accurate, reliable, and feel good when handling.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are talking a used 239 with the rubber Hogue grips, it's way too high at $700. If you are talking G10 grips and the gun is in good shape and comes with more then one or two mags, then it's a good deal.

The 239 has a strange shape grip. It was not for everybody so I suggest you pick it up a few times to make sure the grip does not bother you. If it has the rubber grips, then you will not notice the grip issue.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a .40. It is a little larger and more top heavy than the 9 but will shoot 9mm and .357 with only a barrel change. Same mag for all 3.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Great pistol cared one for 12 yrs IWB appendix. I payed $650 NIB, 12 years ago. You will never look back. I will be retiring my P239, to carry a P227 carry.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The P239 was in higher demand during the Assault Weapon Ban of 94-04.    SInce handguns were limited to 10 rounds anyway the 7/8 rounds magazines weren’t that much of a limitation.   By today’s standards you can have a handgun the same size that holds twice the ammunition.

I have a P239 that I bought in 2002.    I carried it daily for fifteen years and put thousands of rounds through it.    It never malfunctioned.    Now it mostly sits in the safe but I still have it.

2Hut8
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are talking a used 239 with the rubber Hogue grips, it's way too high at $700. If you are talking G10 grips and the gun is in good shape and comes with more then one or two mags, then it's a good deal.

The 239 has a strange shape grip. It was not for everybody so I suggest you pick it up a few times to make sure the grip does not bother you. If it has the rubber grips, then you will not notice the grip issue.
View Quote
it has the rubber hogues on it and comes with the regular sig grips, but $700 seems like a lot for a used, no longer supported firearm. it felt nice when i handled it though.

Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure I would pay $700 for that gun unless it was something you really wanted. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top