Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2020 9:10:23 PM EDT
I’ve finally got my first CZ but have some questions. The frame of my pistol is marked CZ 75 Compact but the frame is like that of the P01 with a safety instead of a decocker. I’m happy as the rail of the P01 was 1 of the things that had me leaning towards it.  When I looked at CZ’s website I didn’t see this style listed so hoping I can get answers from some here or possibly direct me to where to look. 1st questions would be what holster should I be looking at?  I’m assuming the railed frame would mean look for a P01 holster. Also, the sights are Dawson Presicion 310-221. From the CGW website, these shouldn’t fit the compact and are for the P01 instead.  I don’t have any plans to change these but if I did I’m assuming I should stick to the P01 instead of compact sights. Guess I’m a little confused as it seems that I have a steel P01 with safety that is marked as a compact.

*Really like the pistol I just don’t want to buy wrong parts

**Edit- I guess this is the model 99021. Still unsure of what other parts would be P01 instead of compact.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:48:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe they share some parts with the Shadow2 (fatter frame). I put a Shadow2 safety on one of mine.

Super good shooting pistol and I believe is like an ounce heavier than an SP-01.

I believe they imported approximately 1500 of them. Another one almost identical is the 99041 of which they only imported about 500. The 99041 is marked as a P-01 instead of a 75 Compact on the slide, but they're the same pistol. I believe CZ sent a new run in in the last couple months. I want to say it is a 99061, but can't remember for sure. Same exact thing as the other two.

I want to say Cajun Gun Works has a slot on their sight where you can choose "P-01 steel frame".
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 2:12:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe they share some parts with the Shadow2 (fatter frame). I put a Shadow2 safety on one of mine.

Super good shooting pistol and I believe is like an ounce heavier than an SP-01.

I believe they imported approximately 1500 of them. Another one almost identical is the 99041 of which they only imported about 500. The 99041 is marked as a P-01 instead of a 75 Compact on the slide, but they're the same pistol. I believe CZ sent a new run in in the last couple months. I want to say it is a 99061, but can't remember for sure. Same exact thing as the other two.

I want to say Cajun Gun Works has a slot on their sight where you can choose "P-01 steel frame".
View Quote

All P-01s even the steel ones (use the same mold to save cash and maintain parts compatibility) have the thicker upper frame which the S2 later used.

No way is even a steel frame P-01 heavier than any SP-01 as it is the same thing but shorter in 2 dimensions despite a slightly increased girth in part of the frame.

Basically CZs have 3 frame types

"Slim" which is what the SP-01 has, uniform thickness throughout.  I'm not near my notes so don't have the numbers but I want to say it is in the .9xx range.

"Thick" which is what the TS, TSO, CM use.  About 1/16" thicker and uniform throughout, to accommodate thicker mags and add weight.  Slide profiles on these are typical CZ75 though so look mismatched from the front and rear with a bit of a ledge where the frame is proud of the slide.

"Mixed" which initially was just on P-01s, guess they felt the need for more material near the rails to make up for using aluminum.  The thickness is normal in the grip area so standard grips can be used but near the frame rails and where the safety is the frame is about 1/16 thicker like the TS/TSO dimension.  When the S2 came out they also adopted this method (for increased weight while retaining grip compatibility) while developing a new slide that is heavier and tapers to meet the thicker frame flush.

A bunch of 99041s hit the market earlier this year too, for a while they were dirt cheap there were so many.  Then they dried up again and prices shot back up.  No telling if there will be further releases and if so, when.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Bought two of them two or three years back when that first batch came to the US.

Worst triggers of any CZ I ever bought.  Rough, draggy, bumpy, just nasty.

Converted one to SAO with the same safeties used on the CZ75SA models, Cagun Gun Works hammer/adjustable sear, CGW barrel bushing, CZ USA straight trigger and a set of night sights.  Shot pretty good.  They don't have the same grooves in the front/back of the frame that the P01 and P01 Omegas have.

Gave them to my sons and kept on carrying the P07.

My hand/mind seems to really prefer those grooves in the grip frame.  I just really like the way they feel vs. a smooth frame.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s my first CZ and have never really messed with them. Really like the feel in hand of it so far. Trigger pull and reset are pretty long but seems that common from what I’ve read. May at some point get some CGW parts for it but planned to shoot it a little first. Does the “nub” on the right side of the slide release like this on other models?  Seems to hang out quite a bit and I’d like it more if it was a little more flush.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Another question about magazine. The factory mags are 14 rounds but I occasionally see some mention 15 round magazines. I also see that Mec-Gar makes a 15 round magazine for the P01. Before I try to order any I want to make sure that they’ll fit flush. If I buy some that’s going to sit lower it may as well be the 19 round mags.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The CZ branded Mec Gar or Mec Gar direct 15s are legit and advertised as flush fit but like all higher capacity mec gar mags the basepad is fucking thick.

To me flush fit is a thin metal baseplate.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The CZ branded Mec Gar or Mec Gar direct 15s are legit and advertised as flush fit but like all higher capacity mec gar mags the basepad is fucking thick.

To me flush fit is a thin metal baseplate.
View Quote

Thanks, probably overpaid a little but I went ahead and ordered 2 from one of the few places that had them in stock.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The "new" Compact CZ 9MM mags from Mecgar are 15 rounds.

You can also get a 16 round magazine that works/looks good, too.  The Urban Gray P01 Omegas came with those 16 round mags.

Picture for comparison:

Urban Gray P01 has the 16 round magazines.

Black P01 has the 14 round magazines.

The 16's are the standard 16 round metal mags used by the full sized metal CZs but with a base on them that reaches far enough up the bottom edges to fit flush against the bottom of the pistol frame/mag. well.  They won't work on the full sized pistols with that base on them.  Just the Compacts, PCRs, P01s.

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The "new" Compact CZ 9MM mags from Mecgar are 15 rounds.

You can also get a 16 round magazine that works/looks good, too.  The Urban Gray P01 Omegas came with those 16 round mags.

Picture for comparison:

https://i.imgur.com/UTEIpnol.jpg

Urban Gray P01 has the 16 round magazines.

Black P01 has the 14 round magazines.

The 16's are the standard 16 round metal mags used by the full sized metal CZs but with a base on them that reaches far enough up the bottom edges to fit flush against the bottom of the pistol frame/mag. well.  They won't work on the full sized pistols with that base on them.  Just the Compacts, PCRs, P01s.

View Quote

Great info, thanks. So many different models that are similar but minor variations has me playing catch up. Seems that it may be possible to use the P01 slide stop since mine has a thicker frame like they have even though it’s steel so that’ll probably be my first purchase for it before other possible upgrades.  And if I’m ever able to get a 9mm suppressor that is the pistol I’m looking at making the host.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Great info, thanks. So many different models that are similar but minor variations has me playing catch up. Seems that it may be possible to use the P01 slide stop since mine has a thicker frame like they have even though it’s steel so that’ll probably be my first purchase for it before other possible upgrades.  And if I’m ever able to get a 9mm suppressor that is the pistol I’m looking at making the host.
View Quote

It will work, despite the markings it is a P01.

You can also use one for a shadow 2.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It will work, despite the markings it is a P01.

You can also use one for a shadow 2.
View Quote

@762AR25, do you know if this will make it flush with the frame or will it still stick out?  Seems like it could be a catch point on a holster.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No way is even a steel frame P-01 heavier than any SP-01 as it is the same thing but shorter in 2 dimensions despite a slightly increased girth in part of the frame.

View Quote
Looks like it's about 3oz lighter.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:57:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@762AR25, do you know if this will make it flush with the frame or will it still stick out?  Seems like it could be a catch point on a holster.
View Quote

The S2 and P-01 SS use the same part #.  Your gun must have come with the longer PCR SS.

Here is a S2 SS:

And a P-01

I measure the S2 unit at 1.280" wide
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:03:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buzz the end off with a dremel.
Hit it with some cold blue.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:04:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The S2 and P-01 SS use the same part #.  Your gun must have come with the longer PCR SS.

Here is a S2 SS:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453175/20201130_232008-1709434.jpg

And a P-01

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453175/15z_CZP01_R_91199_01199-1709435.png

I measure the S2 unit at 1.280" wide
View Quote

Supposedly it’s the Tactical Sport slide stop from what I’ve read. Didn’t know the length difference between the those and the regular but assuming the regular is shorter.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:05:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Buzz the end off with a dremel.
Hit it with some cold blue.
View Quote

Though about that as the slide stop seems to be sold out everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Supposedly it’s the Tactical Sport slide stop from what I’ve read. Didn’t know the length difference between the those and the regular but assuming the regular is shorter.
View Quote

Makes sense. That is the longest one.

Weird they used it on a P-01
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are at least 3 sizes of slide stop width.

Regular, p01/s2, then pcr/ts. The length of the lever is also different between them.

Just buy parts for a p01, that's what it is despite the markings.
I have some compact L's, same thing but aluminum framed.
There are also shadow compacts that are similar.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:50:54 AM EDT
[#19]
If you’re looking for the most info about the model 99021 see this thread from the CZ forum

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=83224.0

This CZ ended up being my first and now I have 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top