Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2016 10:03:06 PM EDT
Hey all I'm thinking about trading into a Desert Eagle MK1, are these decent guns? Do you think the gun is worth at least $825? here is a picture:

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
That case is nice!

I have a Mark I in .357.  They're great guns, accurate and when run with the proper ammo and proper grip, they do not jam.  Make sure the bullets have a thick jacket on them, not plated, and definitely not lead!  Or, you'll have a single shot in short order.

Sounds like a good deal, especially with a custom case.  I paid $700 for mine, but that was oh....almost 20 years ago now.  Mine was built in 1985, and was in some of the first crates imported into the US.  I called Magnum Research to have the serial number date checked.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That case is nice!

I have a Mark I in .357.  They're great guns, accurate and when run with the proper ammo and proper grip, they do not jam.  Make sure the bullets have a thick jacket on them, not plated, and definitely not lead!  Or, you'll have a single shot in short order.

Sounds like a good deal, especially with a custom case.  I paid $700 for mine, but that was oh....almost 20 years ago now.  Mine was built in 1985, and was in some of the first crates imported into the US.  I called Magnum Research to have the serial number date checked.
View Quote

It's an Israeli marked and is from around 1986 from what I was told. It's a custom case and doesn't have the original box.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's an Israeli marked and is from around 1986 from what I was told. It's a custom case and doesn't have the original box.
View Quote

Sounds like a good deal.

Make sure you get you some hot ammo!

I know with the MK 7's you can't go up in caliber, so that is something you might want to look into if you want to have a 50AE barrel!
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd buy it!
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 12:14:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Better photo. I did the trade!

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
that's an awesome case, to have one made today, assuming you can find anyone under the age of 70 that even knows how to rub two sticks together would cost at least $300.

is that 26xxx?  I think I have a 44 that isn't too far away in serial number.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#7]
looks like 28xxx, I can actually read it but thats his business ha!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
that's an awesome case, to have one made today, assuming you can find anyone under the age of 70 that even knows how to rub two sticks together would cost at least $300.

is that 26xxx?  I think I have a 44 that isn't too far away in serial number.
View Quote

It's a 28xxx. Didn't realize the case would have that much value. The outside has some scuffs from age but other than that is beautiful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top