Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2020 7:27:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BeltFed_1]
I just recently bought a TX22 and absolutely love it. I took it out to the range and could not be more impressed.

I normally run Safariland Quick Locking System (QLS) holsters on my belt setup for my Glock, specifically the ALS thumb release version. I am looking for a TX22 QLS compatible holster so I do not have to undo my belt to swap holsters every time I switch guns. This is mainly just for training purposes. Someone on Reddit posted that the 578 GLS holster from Safariland does fit the TX22, and it is QLS compatible. I bought one and it does fit the TX22 since the holster is tunable, but it is a GLS middle-finger release and not an ALS. I would prefer the QLS/ALS thumb release version. The Safariland "Holster Finder" did not have the TX22 listed. I emailed Safariland about it weeks ago, but I have not received a response.

I wonder if the TX22 is externally modeled after any other particular gun, whether Taurus or other brand, that Safariland does have a QLS/ALS holster for. Does anyone know of any other QLS holster that fits the TX22? Preferably an ALS.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a SL 6354DO for a Glock 34/35 and a 6390RDS for a Glock 19 so I can test fitment with my TX-22 when I get home.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:52:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#2]
@BeltFed_1

Attachment Attached File

6354DO (for Glock 34/35 with X300U A/B or TLR-1) - Goes in nice and snug but doesn't lock. Draw is just like a Glock when you depress the thumb lever. I'm sure I could mess around with it and get it to work if I were to dedicate this holster to the TX-22.

Attachment Attached File

6390RDS (for Glock 19 w/ X300U A/B or TLR-1) - No go. Also tried it with a TLR-7A and it still wouldn't fit.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:42:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: F_Marion] [#3]
to save this from going into obscurity.....anybody find anything else that works well for the TX22 in a duty type holster?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:49:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: randomusername09809] [#4]
I can confirm that a military USAF issue M12 biancci holster from the late 1980s (pre M9-rollout) does NOT work with the Tx22. Buddy of mine had an extra and I tried it yesterday. Does not fit... slide is too wide.

I have had luck with other Taurus pistols (PT945 and PT609 Pro) fitting in a common Blackhawk Glock holster (same holster for both guns FYI). I don't remember what Glock holsters, but I found them in the store easily.

Edit 1: I have an email in to Safariland asking if they have anything that fits. I have not heard back but if I do I will update here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top