Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2019 11:21:00 AM EDT
I picked up my G2C 9mm on Tuesday, black model. This was purchased to be a truck gun so I was not expecting much in the way of quality, but was pleasantly surprised. The pistol feels great in my hand with perfect texturing, and the fit is very nice. The slide finish looks like it will be tough to keep up, but what the hell, it is a truck gun, if I have to I will rattlecan it. Although the trigger pull is long, it is smooth and the break in fairly crisp. The very short reset was a surprise too. Having a re-strike capability will be a plus for weak primers. I have not shot it yet as it has been and will be raining for days and I shoot out back at my little range. I ordered a set of TruGlo Tritium Pro night sights from Lakeline LLC m#TG231T2W which should arrive today. I will be putting a set on my G19 G3 also.

I have not cared about a manual safety on my striker fired pistols but this one is low profile and very easy to manipulate. I think it might aid in preventing my thumb from riding the slide lock? To say that I am impressed with this little pistol is an understatement, the more I snap cap fire the trigger the better it feels. And in a defensive situation the long smooth trigger pull won't matter, it also keeps you from making a decision that you might not be ready for the realities. I have a Fist #1AK holster that was for my G26 that fits perfectly and I have quite a few P226 9mm mags to use as backups. At 12+1 rounds this makes a perfect truck gun and could be a viable option for EDC. I wish the loaded chamber indicator was cut more on a 45d angle to prevent snagging when inserting the pistol into a soft case, but that is a very minor issue.

In conclusion, I know that Taurus has had a bad rep for several years but the other reviews are what tempted me into buying and trying this little gem. For the price I think you be hard pressed to find its equal.

Taurus G2c 9mm
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on your new truck gun!  Let us know what you think after you’ve had a chance to shoot it.

I’ve had mine for a while now.  I too got the Truglo Tritium Pro sights and like them a lot.

I’ve shot steel, aluminum and brass cased ammo, with bullet weights from 115gr, 124gr and 147gr, some ball, round nose, hollow point, etc., and have about 600 rounds through it, all with no failures.

I think Taurus got this one right. I like the size and features and the 12rd capacity.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! This little/big gun at 12 rounds is a sleeper. Hopefully the rain will let up soon or this can be my "Ark Gun".
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up 2 from a buddy for a deal. wasn't expecting much, but got 600 rounds and counting through one with no cleaning, barely and lube, and through a number of new shooters. They seem to like the size and feel of it. Some more advanced shooters didn't like the trigger compared to my Baers, but that's not exactly a fair comparison.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked one up a couple months ago.   I have been pleasantly surprised.  Reliable.  Accurate enough (tho certainly no tack driver).  Trigger is acceptable.  Fits my hand nicely.  Perfect size for ccw.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Same experience as the rest. It is my truck gun. Works great.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Been so busy I have been doing home projects so I have not shot it yet. I ordered the short slightly curved DAO trigger from Keeptinkering.com and it should be here tomorrow. I do not really need the restrike capability, so see ya Taurus crappy trigger. The Truglo sights fit loose on the dovetail, so so machining on Taurus's part. I also had to file down multiple threads on the front sight screw to get it to tighten up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Pics with the truglos please.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe it's the best compact gun you can buy new under $300.
Except it costs even less than that at $200... a better deal, yet!
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics with the truglos please.
View Quote
I'll try to get them out,  also will show "KeepTinkering" SAO trigger. What a hell of a difference.

Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I've carried one since December and it's sad but I carry it more tham my G19 now. I love the feel and think they revised a lot of things to get it right.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I finally had some time to shoot the pistol today. I only put about 50 rounds through it but so far so good. I had to radius the Keeptinkering trigger edges to make it more comfortable to shoot. With the Truglo sights it shot POA, and the felt recoil is low. This is a hell of a pistol for +/- $200.

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#12]
My father in law bough one for $165 at rual king. Took it out today. Absolutely locked up out of battery with longer nosed rounds. Had to snack it on the back into battery and shoot it, could not rack the slide.  Shorter ones worked fine. Find the ammo it likes and you can't beat it for that price.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine runs like a top. Taurus has a winner with this pistol.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#14]
My  Lakeline "Stainless Steel Striker Guide for the Taurus G2C, G2S, PT111 G2, PT140 G2, 709 and 740" arrived Wednesday, and I installed it last night. It was a breeze to install and the trigger pull feels smoother. Heck of a difference between the little Orange sleeve and the nice stainless one. No "Taurus Hole" either. The mods to this pistol are complete and it will go into "Truck Duty" after several hundred more rounds go down the pipe. Taurus Haters can Hate, I really don't care. For the money this is a damn fine little pistol that fits a place in my EDC.
Link Posted: 7/5/2019 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Got a friend who has 3 kids so he's on a budget.  Got one of these back when they were around $139.  We shot it on the ranch.  It was not bad for the money.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#16]
The prices on them are insane! I have a Gen 1 PT24/7 Pro .45 that is one of my favorites. Yes, I'm fully aware of the issues/recall but mine does not have any problems. My stepson showed me his new Gen 2 .40 compact the other day and I was very glad to see they have retained the manual safety. I will not have a striker-fire pistol without one, and the Taurus safety works in the same direction as the 1911. If Glock had a safety I could see having one but without it its like carrying a 1911, cocked but unlocked and with the grip safety pinned down. The trigger safety lever is a joke, because anything touching the trigger touches it too and the gun fires.
So, now I'm getting the hots for a Gen. 2 .40, only because I have a .40 carbine. It takes Glock mags and my original plan was to get a Glock 23 so they could share mags/ammo - but then I found out how they work - that was the end of that little scheme.
Next gun show I will be on the stalk!
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Those look nice, I might just put a pair on my new G19G5 MOS I picked up yesterday
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The prices on them are insane! I have a Gen 1 PT24/7 Pro .45 that is one of my favorites. Yes, I'm fully aware of the issues/recall but mine does not have any problems. My stepson showed me his new Gen 2 .40 compact the other day and I was very glad to see they have retained the manual safety. I will not have a striker-fire pistol without one, and the Taurus safety works in the same direction as the 1911. If Glock had a safety I could see having one but without it its like carrying a 1911, cocked but unlocked and with the grip safety pinned down. The trigger safety lever is a joke, because anything touching the trigger touches it too and the gun fires.
So, now I'm getting the hots for a Gen. 2 .40, only because I have a .40 carbine. It takes Glock mags and my original plan was to get a Glock 23 so they could share mags/ammo - but then I found out how they work - that was the end of that little scheme.
Next gun show I will be on the stalk!
View Quote
LOL!

Having a manual safety on a striker fired handgun is like having chili on ice cream.
It's nice having chili and it's nice having ice cream. But not together.
The two are entirely different food groups and should remain segregated.

However, you can eat both as integrated. If it makes you FEEL better.
Hell, you can add a manual safety on a DAO revolver and FEEL fabulous!

Now....I've a G2C ice cream. Go figure. But.....I keep the chili off of it and mix that with my 1911 chili.
It tastes better that way and I don't need to FEEL a thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top