Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2017 11:23:26 PM EDT
PT145 Millennium Pro - Mailed in to Taurus on 10/4, they received on 10/6

I was initially able to track my gun using their repair status page (http://www.taurususa.com/status.cfm) but I can no longer query by the serial number.

I tied a shipping tag to my gun requesting that they replace it with a FDE PT111 G2 in 9MM. Praying that is what I get back..whenever that may be.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I just chatted with Taurus about the progress of my gun after I used the repair status on their site. I was told that guns that a part of the settlement can't be checked on their site. You'll have to call for updates. 
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
My PT111 Pro and PT140 Pro were both shipped on October 10 and received at Taurus on October 16.  I received a letter about one and an email (pretty much identical) about the other.

It’s been more than the 6 weeks the form letter/email mentions, but only a bit.  I get the impression that the response to the “lifetime warranty” option was pretty huge, since the way the numbers progressed from my first claim entry to my second one was pretty large.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been checking the thread over at TaurusArmed and it's possible that all guns sent in under the recall will be replaced with a PT111 G2 in 9MM.

Which is BS if you turned in a .45 and want another .45.

But I sort of figured they'd go this route, so I included a letter and a shipping tag on my gun, asking them to replace it with a G2 9MM in FDE. Hoping they give me a FDE one at least.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
They don’t seem to make a G2 in .45, only 9mms and .40s.

I’d just like them to get my pistols sent.  Handling a G2 at the gun show yesterday was nice!  The grip structure fit me better than the original’s, and not having that takedown lever that needed turning/levering/cussing will be a real relief.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent my PT145 in, they received it on 11/7. Got the letter and email, you cannot check status via the web. I chatted today, and only learned it is in the pipeline, so no real status. I'm guessing it will be months before I hear anything. I'm hoping they send me a 9mm G2 that I can use as trade stock.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not yet sent in my PT145.  I may keep it, as it is my only .45, and I like it.  I don't know if I want another 9mm handgun.  I will just have to keep in mind that my .45 can go off randomly if I drop it...
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Last day to file is coming up soon. 1-6-18 maybe?
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I got an email from Heffler (the class action administrator) two weeks ago stating that the deadline for filing for cash payment is February 6, 2018.  Heffler’s web site only mentions one deadline, so I think that the “enhanced warranty” deadline is the same.

I bet a lot of people who own these guns are in two classes: a) not active in Internet discussion groups like ARFCOM, and b) unaware of the issue completely.  I didn’t find out about the issue until I saw it HERE, when I came looking for information on my TCP...  Of course there’s a set of people who are in both a and b.

What that means is that Taurus isn’t going to have every one of these pistols returned for either replacement or payment.  When the filing deadline passes, we may see an increase in speed in replacement pistols being shipped.

That “6 to 8 weeks” that Taurus mentions in their letter/email has expired for me some time ago - tomorrow will be 11 weeks since they received my pistols.  I hope things are going to speed up soon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent in a PT140 Mill Pro .40SW & a PT24/7 Pro in .45acp on 10/12/17.
Finally received a call about the 24/7 on 01/02/18, and it will be replaced with a PT111G2. "Supposedly" it will be to me in 3-5 days.
The PT140 still has not been "inspected".
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 8:35:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Sent in a 24/7 about a week after we were first eligible too. Got my call yesterday, offered me a pt111 g2 with fde frame, blued slide, or 200.00, took the gun, should be at my selected dealer within 2 weeks.

It’ll be a range toy, but, probably soured for life on taurus because the whole fiasco.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Taurus received my gun 11/1/17. Called today to check the status and was told the 6 week time frame has been pushed back to 12 weeks.

ETA: Called Friday 2/2 (13 weeks) and was told that the return period had not closed and that inspection of my gun was not complete.  He also told me there was no time frame to return/replace the gun despite the date given in the letter I received confirming they had my gun.

Anybody received a repaired or replaced gun lately? If so, when did Taurus received your gun?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Semi-success today. Called Taurus CS once again and after 40 minutes on hold (never could get chat to work) I was told I would receive a replacement. A G2 9mm two tone. Coyote frame and black slide.

Only drawback is shipping may take four or more weeks and no tracking is available.  You'll know it's shipped when your FFL notifies you he has received it.

It has been 15 weeks since they received it. I suspect the closing date had some bearing on the replacement decision.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Semi-success today. Called Taurus CS once again and after 40 minutes on hold (never could get chat to work) I was told I would receive a replacement. A G2 9mm two tone. Coyote frame and black slide.

Only drawback is shipping may take four or more weeks and no tracking is available.  You'll know it's shipped when your FFL notifies you he has received it.

It has been 15 weeks since they received it. I suspect the closing date had some bearing on the replacement decision.
View Quote
Thanks for the update. I wonder if I'll get mine earlier since I sent it in a month earlier than you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Good info here: http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-product-problems/373857-update-status-conference-tuesday-february-13-2018-a.html
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks for the update. I wonder if I'll get mine earlier since I sent it in a month earlier than you.
View Quote
Calling them will speed things up. CS is open til 9 EST if you have 30-45 minutes to kill.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I just spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Taurus - most of it on hold, waiting to be connected to customer service.

I spoke to Antonio, who was able to find the status of my two pistols.  Both have been inspected and are to be replaced.  The only pistol they're shipping out is the PT111 G2 with a black slide and brown frame, so instead of a 9mm and a .40 S&W, I'll have two 9s.  Antonio reviewed the FFL info I'd supplied and he noted that the license data was not current.  He told me that if I could have the FFL email the current license, with reference to the serial numbers of the two guns I returned, that would get the return process moving.  He did tell me that it could take several more weeks because of the number of guns they're dealing with.

I just got off the phone with my dealer, and he's sending out that updated FFL today. I'll post again when I hear from the dealer that my guns are in.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Spent 40 mins on hold today, but did get through and it's the same story as everyone else. Confirmed FFL info and they said it'd be 4-5 weeks before the new pistol ships out.

Hang onto the FFL transfer receipt as Heffler claims will be handling reimbursements on those at a later time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hang onto the FFL transfer receipt as Heffler claims will be handling reimbursements on those at a later time.
View Quote
Great point.  That is part of the settlement, but if you don’t have proof, you could be SOL.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#19]
It's been six weeks now. Anyone receive their replacement?
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Today marks 8 weeks and 2 days since they received mine.  Still have not heard a word from them.  I called last week and was told that they will be replacing my PT24/7 Prod DS.  No lead time on when I will received the replacement.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Today marks 8 weeks and 2 days since they received mine.  Still have not heard a word from them.  I called last week and was told that they will be replacing my PT24/7 Prod DS.  No lead time on when I will received the replacement.
View Quote
They got mine in MID-OCTOBER.  The guy I talked to (see my previous post) said that there would be "several more weeks" lead time from when I called on 14 Feb because of the volume of claims they're handling.

I do not think that Taurus USA is putting much effort into making this process smooth for their customers.  It seems that most of the work in the "enhanced warranty" replacement process is bookkeeping.  It should only take a few minutes to determine if a pistol has been dorked with or modified, and since they KNOW that the design is the issue, that should be that.  So book the gun in, have one of a number of moderately coordinated folks strip the gun down and see that it's not been altered, then update the book to OK replacement.  If there is a supply issue (all of the replacement pistols are apparently black slides over brown frames, which sort of indicates that to me), their customer service could at least tell customers that's what's going on.

With that said, I hope that this becomes a "lesson learned" for the whole industry.  Don't push back at a potential problem, and if you settle, do your best to keep from ticking off customers - because they will not only NEVER be customers again, they'll try to keep others from being customers.

And I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I kind of had to say it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#22]
We have one in the family.  How do you go through the return process?
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 1:34:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I sent mine in on October 10, 2017.

Called Taurus CS in mid Feb 2018, and was told that I should expect my replacement G2 9MM around April.

Those of you who sent your guns in THIS YEAR might as well forget about them for now. They are taking their sweet time to process the exchanges.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Stopped  by my FFL to check on my replacement and it had been there since last Tuesday.  Taurus sent it with name only and no contact info.  They received my old gun Nov 1.
The manufacture date on the box is 3/2017.

Now I start the process  to get my $25 transfer fee back.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Apparently Taurus has sent my replacement gun out.

But they used a DIFFERENT FFL than I had chosen on the settlement website!

So I get a random call/voicemail from someone I'm not even expecting, and the guy says that he has my handgun ready for transfer.

(luckily it is a FFL that I used some years ago so I know he's a good guy)

Not sure what the hell Taurus was thinking but they may pull this type of stunt with others.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#26]
My two replacement pistols arrived at my FFL "some time ago," but Taurus didn't include all of my info on the documents, so the FFL didn't have a number to call...  And they closed shortly after I called them, so I can't pick them up until my next day off, next Saturday.

On the one hand, since I sent them in on 10 October 17, it's not like I can't wait a few more days.  On the other, I was assured by the customer support guy I talked to in February that my information would be on the invoice so the FFL could contact me ASAP.

I'll post the date my FFL received the guns as soon as I pick them up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My two replacement pistols arrived at my FFL "some time ago," but Taurus didn't include all of my info on the documents, so the FFL didn't have a number to call...  And they closed shortly after I called them, so I can't pick them up until my next day off, next Saturday.

On the one hand, since I sent them in on 10 October 17, it's not like I can't wait a few more days.  On the other, I was assured by the customer support guy I talked to in February that my information would be on the invoice so the FFL could contact me ASAP.

I'll post the date my FFL received the guns as soon as I pick them up.
View Quote
Unrelated, I sent in a TCP for repairs several months ago. The online status changed to me needing to call them. Turns out they can't fix it and they don't make it anymore, so they will be sending a PT111 G2C to my FFL. Customer Service rep told me to let my FFL know to expect a package for me as it likely won't have any of my information on it...
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Customer Service rep told me to let my FFL know to expect a package for me as it likely won't have any of my information on it...
View Quote
Interesting.  Not such good service for a “paying customer”.  Not impressed here for either settlement or warranty replacement pistols...
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#29]
When I contacted Taurus in mid-February, I was told I should expect to wait “about 8 weeks” for the replacements to be shipped.  I counted on my fingers and toes and pegged the date at somewhere mid-May.

I just picked up my replacement pistols.  They arrived at my FFL on 5/9/18, at least a week before I’d expected them to even ship.  Their packing lists are marked “print date 5/7/18”, and they were apparently shipped the same day.  That’s better than I expected by a long shot.

As I said, I just picked them up, so I haven’t done more than inspect them, but they look OK, and the grip on this model fits my hand quite well - something I liked about the original Millenium models.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
UPDATE:  Tomorrow makes 20 WEEKS since Taurus received my gun, still no resolution.  While they are nice and polite on the phone, their inaction speak volumes.  I will NEVER EVER buy another Taurus Firearm.  At this point, I'm stuck without my gun and with no realistic expectation of when it will be repaired, replaced or returned.  The last time I spoke with a Taurus rep, (About 2 weeks ago) I was told it would take 5 months.  This is flipping ridiculous and unacceptable.  How they remain in business and continue to sell firearms in beyond comprehension. My advice to anyone would be to avoid Taurus like a plague.

FINAL UPDATE:  Well, after speaking with the Taurus Reps and getting the run around for the last 7 months, I demanded to speak with a Supervisor/Manager.  They called me back last Monday.  She told me that I would see the replacement in another 3-6 months.  I was pissed off and threatened to contact the Court system in charge of the lawsuit as well as the Better Business Bureau to formally file complaints against Taurus.  Like I said, that was on Monday.  Well I guess they took my threats seriously, because 4 days later, on Friday afternoon I received a call from my FFL that my replacement gun was at his shop ready to be picked up.  Although I glad to finally have the replacement pistol, it's still not a .40 S&W, but the G2C in 9mm.  After experiencing these problems with Taurus, I will never buy another Taurus Firearm or deal with their customer service again.  Once bitten, twice shy....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top