Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2021 8:32:01 PM EDT
I just bought one. Yeah, I know it's a short-barrelled pistol but what could I use to make it more visible that is durable?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Some bright nail polish or model paint is what most will use.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Those are neat guns.  How do you like it so far?

I’ve used paint pens from industrial supply stores (fastenal, grainger, etc) with good success.

Either dab it onto the sight and spread with a toothpick or dab the paint onto something else and then apply the paint with the toothpick.  

You can also use a hair dryer or heat gun to cure it a little quicker.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’ve used paint pens from industrial supply stores (fastenal, grainger, etc) with good success.

Either dab it onto the sight and spread with a toothpick or dab the paint onto something else and then apply the paint with the toothpick.  

You can also use a hairdryer or heat gun to cure it a little quicker.
View Quote

Haven't picked it up yet. It's sitting in IL waiting period purgatory till Saturday 1:30 pm. My old kitchen table dealer used to start the clock when he received notification that the sale had gone through, he's out of business. This new dealer is a brick-and-mortar retail establishment I'm transferring through for the first time.

I like the heft of it. I was going to buy the Charter Arms Pathfinder with a 2" barrel. But the Charter Arms has a bolt-on polymer grip frame I didn't like the feel or looks of. I decided to do a hard pass on that. I probably would've passed even if the grip frame was a bolt-on metal piece. There's just something about a solid frame on a revolver.

Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore sent me a notice that they were back in stock on Monday. I bought one immediately. When I checked back half an hour later they were out again. The revolver shipped Tuesday. Great service.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the ideas guys.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
edit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had my 942 for about 9-10 months now. It is nothing fancy but it works as it should and has decent accuracy for a 2" barrel. I originally bought it as a companion for the wife's older Taurus 85 so that she could practice more. I find that the 942 packs well and find myself carrying it while fishing or hiking in the woods.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have had my 942 for about 9-10 months now. It is nothing fancy but it works as it should and has decent accuracy for a 2" barrel. I originally bought it as a companion for the wife's older Taurus 85 so that she could practice more. I find that the 942 packs well and find myself carrying it while fishing or hiking in the woods.
View Quote

just picked it up. I am impressed with the fit and finish......not bad after listening to all the dumping on Taurus for years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing says I love you like Krylon.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I use orange fingernail polish on the rear and luminescent green on the front topped with a clear coat.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I use fishing jig paint
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I use fishing jig paint
View Quote

Same, I found a coat of white first nets better results because the fluorescent colors are somewhat translucent.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Same, I found a coat of white first nets better results because the fluorescent colors are somewhat translucent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I use fishing jig paint

sounds good I'll try it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can also use a hair dryer or heat gun to cure it a little quicker.
View Quote

I have had it out three times. Shoots well, trigger pull not bad, Only problem I had, and it's not an uncommon one for revolvers I hear, was ejection of empty cases. I sent it in for a factory fix. Got it back within a week and it worked as expected. Had it out yesterday, after the second hundred rounds it was a bit sticky but it still ejected.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Make sure to clean the cylinder well after every range trip. Some 22lr ammo has a heavy wax coating on the bullets. The wax will build up in the cylinder and cause issues.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Make sure to clean the cylinder well after every range trip. Some 22lr ammo has a heavy wax coating on the bullets. The wax will build up in the cylinder and cause issues.
View Quote

Thanks, I always do.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Been looking for one of these in stainless for damn near a year.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Been looking for one of these in stainless for damn near a year.
View Quote

Try Vance and Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore  (my understanding is that they're basically the same company)......they both have them from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Try Vance and Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore  (my understanding is that they're basically the same company)......they both have them from time to time.
View Quote
Thanks. I'll take a look.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOS is where I got mine, Vance has had them more frequently than SOS.https://www.vanceoutdoors.com/category.cfm/outdoors/handguns/brand/taurus/of3/22-lr
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I still have had zero luck finding one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I still have had zero luck finding one.
View Quote

check daily, check a couple of times a day. I caught SOS on a good day. I found it for sale and bought one. I checked back an hour later and they were all gone.......This was in May. Vance has had them several times since and they've sold out fast. Oh, get on the mailing list for notifications too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

check daily, check a couple of times a day. I caught SOS on a good day. I found it for sale and bought one. I checked back an hour later and they were all gone.......This was in May. Vance has had them several times since and they've sold out fast. Oh, get on the mailing list for notifications too.
View Quote
Thanks and will do.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Grab A Gun finally had one in stock. I snagged it. Should be here next week.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Grab A Gun finally had one in stock. I snagged it. Should be here next week.
View Quote

glad to hear it. congratulations. I really like mine, great little shooter. Pretty damn accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top